Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-06-2011, 05:27 AM   #21
The Batman Professor
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

The CRIMSON MIST statue is magnificient, and arguably Paquet's most detailed work for DCD.
The Batman Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #22
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman Professor View Post
The CRIMSON MIST statue is magnificient, and arguably Paquet's most detailed work for DCD.
Just to confirm Bat-Prof; that Crimsion Mist Paquet sculpt never did make it out to a commercial release did it?

IIRC the Red Rain statue took a while to move. I got mine on a trade for toys as the LCS' around here were sitting on a pile of them after initial release.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #23
Ectomorph
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I only have some of the Covergirls of the DCU, but I like the scale. I have numerous BD stats, and it would be cool to see BD have a DC license, but the CGOTDCU is a great line at the moment.

I'm actually thinking of picking up the Koto Bishoujo line of DC stats - the only prob is that they're not polystone, (they're made out of PVC).
Ectomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #24
dechirico7
The Flash

I didn't really care for the DC cover Girls line. I had the first 4 girls, but sold them. It would be great if Bowen would pick up DC, I would love to mix up DC characters with Marvel characters. And Bowen's scale would be perfect.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #25
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I didn't really care for the DC cover Girls line. I had the first 4 girls, but sold them. It would be great if Bowen would pick up DC, I would love to mix up DC characters with Marvel characters. And Bowen's scale would be perfect.
DC could/should just make stuff in 1:6 scale. There is some significant talent at DCD and I don't need to pay the increased cost that would come into play with BD having to pay for the license.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #26
Aquaman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
DC could/should just make stuff in 1:6 scale. There is some significant talent at DCD and I don't need to pay the increased cost that would come into play with BD having to pay for the license.
I agree. I am kind of over all the kudos for Randy Bowen statues. I like his older stuff, the newer stuff I don't think has the level of artistic qualities they older ones had. I also think the prices are inflated. I like many of my DC statues. I have a cabinet full of ones that are superior and wonderful. I also own a few of Randys, like his original Superman and love it.
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #27
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I would love to have DC characters in Bowen scale. I have a preference for Randy Bowen but DC has some great sculptors working for them too.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #28
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
If DC went to 1:6 scale you think their prices would stay the same? Theirs would go up too. We already hear all sorts of complaints on the size of their "FS" statues for the price.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #29
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cimmerian View Post
I would love to have DC characters in Bowen scale. I have a preference for Randy Bowen but DC has some great sculptors working for them too.
They have great sculptors yes, but I think their art direction is what's lacking. Most of their volume is maquettes (DC Universe Online, Batman/ Superman public enemies, return of Black Adam, Wonder Woman DVD maquette, Green Lantern First Flight DVD). It wasn't until they came up with Batman B&W, Cover Girls of DC Universe and their "Confrontations" series that they received some artistic kudos. The jury is still out on the DC Dynamics IMO. They sell relatively cheap on Ebay, and their WODCU mini-busts are small compared to BD. All in all, DC is still hit/miss IMO.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #30
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
They have great sculptors yes, but I think their art direction is what's lacking. Most of their volume is maquettes (DC Universe Online, Batman/ Superman public enemies, return of Black Adam, Wonder Woman DVD maquette, Green Lantern First Flight DVD). It wasn't until they came up with Batman B&W, Cover Girls of DC Universe and their "Confrontations" series that they received some artistic kudos. The jury is still out on the DC Dynamics IMO. They sell relatively cheap on Ebay, and their WODCU mini-busts are small compared to BD. All in all, DC is still hit/miss IMO.
Agreed.
riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote