Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-26-2015, 08:00 AM   #841
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
That's true Crankyjammies, The level of acceptable can be subjective and vary from person to person but not sure which collector would ever consider this even remotely acceptable. If it is, I don't see paint jobs on Koto's ever improving. They have us right where they want us and that's by the cojonas
Sadly, that is a fact. I don't think I would be interested in Koto if it wasn't because of Erick. He is the main reason I'm in deep.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #842
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
That's true Crankyjammies, The level of acceptable can be subjective and vary from person to person but not sure which collector would ever consider this even remotely acceptable. If it is, I don't see paint jobs on Koto's ever improving. They have us right where they want us and that's by the cojonas
No, the paint job on that specific piece won't pass on any collector's book. That's why if I was your friend, I'll contact the retailer I bought it from and ask for a replacement. A failed paint job can be considered damage if the other pieces in their (the retailer's) stocks do not suffer from the same condition. If they won't replace it, contact Kotobukiya or Gonk immediately and ask what can be done about it.

Thing is, failed paint jobs will happen on any mass-produced statue. That doesn't mean that those few "anomalies" should represent every Brown Wolverine statue ever produced by Kotobukiya.

Generalization can only be done when most of the surveyed population shares the same trait.

Quote:
I never said that all Wolverines are bad, people actually did get decent pieces, just that.. When they missed on the Wolverine, they missed really bad to an unacceptable level. Some of the pieces that were released shouldn't have made it to the line. Had Koto a proper QC in place. That's all.
True. But any mass-produced product will have these few isolated cases. They can't be 100% efficient all the time. Maybe Kotobukiya's quality control was 90% efficient this time, and the piece that your friend got was one of the 10%. We don't know. All I know is if ever I get a defective product, one that doesn't share the same condition as the rest or has a defect, I'll return it and ask for a replacement or a refund.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:25 AM   #843
Naru
Mephisto

Yeah, I've sent Gonk a message to see how best to resolve this. Hopefully they'll come through on their customer service. Never had to deal with an issue of an Extreme miss on paint work before so hoping all works out well. Fingers crossed. Will update, incase anyone needs the same issue addressed. Thank you for all the suggestions and input.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:17 PM   #844
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Yikes! That's bad.

[QUOTE=Naru;5056049]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
At the same time, what may be acceptable to one may not be to another. So how do we fix something like that? Even if kotobukiya made all their pieces equally clean and well-painted, some people will still have something they'd want to change (the shade of purple used or more pronounced shadings). I guess my point here is, Kotobukiya may not view what we see as a bad paint job the same way, especially if even us collectors have varying opinions about it.

AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #845
dark_avenger191
Frackin!

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for bumping the thread without any pictures of Logan in my possession, but there seems to be a big issue with my order and i'm guessing it's lost in transit.

I bought a Koto Wolverine from BBTS and it's been a month since. I`ll check with the customs tomorrow,but i'm pretty sure it's lost in transit. Should I ask for a replacement or a refund? I'm based in Europe btw.

Last edited by dark_avenger191; 06-02-2015 at 11:55 AM.
dark_avenger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #846
CassioSCCP
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_avenger191 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm sorry for bumping the thread without any pictures of Logan in my possession, but there seems to be a big issue with my order and i'm guessing it's lost in transit.

I bought a Koto Wolverine from BBTS and it's been a month since. I`ll check with the customs tomorrow,but i'm pretty sure it's lost in transit. Should I ask for a replacement or a refund? I'm based in Europe btw.
I used to think that this sort of thing only happen in Brazil...

I would ask for a replacement without a doubt. BBTS is one of the good ones... I already acquire many statues from them over the years.
CassioSCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #847
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Hey guys, I recently got mine. It's the best Wolverine so far for me until XM's arrive. Check out my review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-CjYik2kAU
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #848
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I saw this version last week at my local comic store, but I still prefer a yellow costume version.
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:05 PM   #849
CassioSCCP
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

3300 only?

I am ----ed... No way this is getting to me by me dealer... I will need a miracle.
CassioSCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #850
HeromanPunch
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Smile

My yellow wolvie head accidently dropped 6 feet and hit the hard wood floor just now and not even a paint chip. Props to koto for using good resin
HeromanPunch is offline   Reply With Quote