Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
06gto
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

DC Quality Control

What kind of QC does DC have ? Do they have any research and developtment ? It seems that they figure that if it makes it out the door it's OK. Their props could definitely benefit from research and development. The props that have the fragile bell jars seem to lose a large percentage in transit. The mechanical items don't seem to work consistantly either.
06gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
risingstar
Jedi Order

I can't speak for their props, but their statues appear to have great QC.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Same here, never had any problems with the statues I have purchased.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Never any problems with DCD,SS or HH.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
dr_teng

I have a few minor paint issues with one or two of my Women of DC busts, but those may have been caused by the previous seller. In general, I think their quality control is excellent for statues, not sure about props (since I don't have any).
Old 12-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The few dcd statues and maquettes that I own, or have owned, have all had solid or better paint work, and no real issues to speak for.

That said, there are a few earlier pieces that are pretty notorious for stress fracturing. I believe the Aquaman & Green Arrow statues and the Sinestro vs Hal Jordan diorama have all been brought up a few times by various members over the years.

In fact I really want the Green Arrow myself, but I'm fearful of trying to get it shipping and arriving in one piece...

Modern DCD stuff though, I think their QC is about standard in comparison to most other major manufacturers these days overall.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gto View Post
What kind of QC does DC have ? Do they have any research and developtment ? It seems that they figure that if it makes it out the door it's OK. Their props could definitely benefit from research and development. The props that have the fragile bell jars seem to lose a large percentage in transit. The mechanical items don't seem to work consistantly either.
I have all of the Batman props and a few of the others as well and they are solid. I have never had an issue with any of them except for that initial Bat-Signal that they put out in the 90's. That was an issue because it was made of plastic but had a hefty price tag. DCD offered a refund on those to boot.

As far as breakage goes I have about a dozen of their prop pieces and not one has broken or arrived damaged.

Their statues have also treated me well. I know the Starro dio and PF Batman had issues with breaking in transit.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Ah, I remember that whole Bat-Signal debacle now, man that turned out to be quite the blow out at the time. And rightly so. But gotta give DCD props for at least attempting to rectify the situation, though you would have thought that someone would have realised right from the get go what a bad idea it was...
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #9
06gto
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Well, all of the Bat props seem pretty sturdy by design, but the items with the domes all seem to have issues. Kandor, and the Kryptonite props. Oh, and don't forget the Batman bust that the bat logo lost it's adhesiveness.
06gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #10
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Agreed. For the most part, what I've seen in promo pics is exactly what I've got at home.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote