Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-20-2015, 05:04 PM   #1
StatueEcon101
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Packaging

I received my Hot Toys Ironman stealth today. It was only boxed in the brown outer hot toys box. There was some damage to this box so I was worried. Previously I had ordered Midas and the corner of the box was smashed and so was graphic box was crushed. Being a limited item there were no options to replace the item. Luckily for this shipment there was no damage to the graphic box. I contacted SideShow and they said thats how they ship them. I told them a couple of my iron man toys came double boxed why is that some are not. They answered its depends on how they receive them.

So I asked if all my pending orders can be double boxed and they said sure but its going to cost me an additional $10 per package. How is it that a box cost $10? I would think it would be an additional $2 or $3 to double box it.

A company as big as SideShow should learn from BBTS they build custom boxes for each shipment. Every package is shipped with heavy duty bubble wrap. For the price that they charge for these items you would think they could take the extra steps to protect our investments. If there is a return it just cost them more money in the long run.
StatueEcon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueEcon101 View Post
I received my Hot Toys Ironman stealth today. It was only boxed in the brown outer hot toys box. There was some damage to this box so I was worried. Previously I had ordered Midas and the corner of the box was smashed and so was graphic box was crushed. Being a limited item there were no options to replace the item. Luckily for this shipment there was no damage to the graphic box. I contacted SideShow and they said thats how they ship them. I told them a couple of my iron man toys came6 double boxed why is that some are not. They answered its depends on how they receive them.

So I asked if all my pending orders can be double boxed and they said sure but its going to cost me an additional $10 per package. How is it that a box cost $10? I would think it would be an additional $2 or $3 to double box it.

A company as big as SideShow should learn from BBTS they build custom boxes for each shipment. Every package is shipped with heavy duty bubble wrap. For the price that they charge for these items you would think they could take the extra steps to protect our investments. If there is a return it just cost them more money in the long run.
yeah that's usually how they pack their statues too in a brown mailer box that doesn't protect from crushing which will happen during shipping. they supposedly have the option of double boxing but there's really no option for that when you put in an order. i tried to contact them a while back to have them double box my PCS EX Kitana but they just ignored my email. of course i said i would pay whatever their asking price was but it never happened. i guess you just have to expect some box damage either way since that's how they get shipped out from china. they'll just say the art box is there to protect the statue so duh...it's ok for it to get squashed.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #3
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Yeah, I'm done ordering regular HT releases from them and I'll evaluate ordering EX's on a case-by-case basis.

This crap is unacceptable. I already submitted my request for a replacement.

candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:25 PM   #4
epitaph04
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I've had stuff that has been double boxed still take a beating anyway. Until you can get ground shippers to not throw and stuff boxes into trucks, youre gonna have dents in your boxes here or there.
epitaph04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

its a box...if the product itself isn't damaged then it did its job
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:01 PM   #6
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I'd have to agree here, if my outer box is a bit damaged I can live with it if the product I paid for is undamaged.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:21 PM   #7
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
This is how I feel too. The product is what really matters here.

That being said often times companies put quite a bit of effort into the box as well so I can understand, to a small extent, people wanting to preserve the box quality.

The example I can think of that is relevant to what we are talking about here is Hot Toys Tomodachi/Friend . That one had this really neat box that had panels from the manga all over it.

Another example would be a few Japanese figure boxes I have been getting lately. They come with a backdrop inside so if the outer box gets bent up or damaged, the backdrop, which perfectly fits the box, will get damaged too and that sucks for anyone hoping to use it.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:41 PM   #8
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't care about the brown box and I can accept damage on the color box as long as the statue inside is fine... but I do wish Sideshow improved packaging on their statues.
I mean, the styrofoam and engineering, overall. I see custom pieces being packaged perfectly in foam, each piece fitting tightly in its slot, while more often than not Sideshow statues are packaged with random slots for the smaller pieces or with the upper part of the styro pushing against the statue and things like that. It's a pain in the a-- to box statues with a lot of pieces when it comes to SS.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:15 AM   #9
solidgadium
Blue Falcon

A while back I sold a grey hulk comiquette to a guy in Japan, he was beyond upset when he saw the brown shipper had been damaged (the statue was perfectly intact). He requested a refund and ebay not only gave it to him they also let him keep the statue.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:51 AM   #10
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

BBTS double box all Hot Toys.Why cant SS do the same.Also charge $10.00 for something that costs $0.50 ?

Pure greediness.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote