Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-02-2011, 02:53 AM   #81
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 AM   #82
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Yah that's the seller that has the fathom
Wave print? I really want the other print. I can't go over $200 for it.....
that seller lives only 15 minutes away from me. i'm going to try to see the prints tomorrow and do a little haggling so we'll see.

it's hard to spend good money on prints right now since i still have a few more top dollar statues to get.
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:55 AM   #83
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:56 AM   #84
benhernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by gylaya79 View Post
wow B, i now believe after reading some posts that you are Turner's #1 fan. Definitely an awesome goal to collect all of his work.

I'm with Jason on this one. Buying the older prints is one dangerous road to take, but they are the only ones i would buy. No disrespect to Joe Benitez, but Aspen Prints are Turner prints. My finger is right on the trigger and i'm trying not to pull....
Hey it's an expensive hobby that is about done and will slow down as soon as the baby is born. So I have 5 months to go to collect as much as I can.

I still get the other Aspen prints just the ones I like, I def. pick up the ones that Joe B does and Talent and Micah, I love those guys! In a brotherly way of course.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:13 AM   #85
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
Hey it's an expensive hobby that is about done and will slow down as soon as the baby is born. So I have 5 months to go to collect as much as I can.

I still get the other Aspen prints just the ones I like, I def. pick up the ones that Joe B does and Talent and Micah, I love those guys! In a brotherly way of course.
such a classic new dad move bro. trust me, you'll develop strategies to keep the hobby going even after the baby. my favorite is watching the kids for 3 days, give them their bath, give her some alone time. then when she checks the credit card bill and sees all those purchases, you can cash in your 3-day credit. it sometimes works...

Micah does a lot of appearance at my LCS. He lives only a few minutes from my work, I even met his mom and sister. He's got a nice portfolio of original art, i might pick up his spidey piece soon.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:16 AM   #86
benhernandez

Quote:
it sometimes works...
Umm how many times did you end up in the dog house?

Most of my collection comes from either side jobs or me selling other stuff in my collection that I don't care for.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:46 AM   #87
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
Hey I'm waiting to see what you got so I can make some offers.
I have really shown you everything I have... I have sold off everything else... look at my posts... you will see everything...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:58 AM   #88
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
that seller lives only 15 minutes away from me. i'm going to try to see the prints tomorrow and do a little haggling so we'll see.

it's hard to spend good money on prints right now since i still have a few more top dollar statues to get.
Cool Glen. Let me know what happens. Maybe he will sell it to you and you can sell it back to me

Man you guys have a great collection these prints! So many beautiful prints and I'm so jealous
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:14 AM   #89
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew View Post
I have really shown you everything I have... I have sold off everything else... look at my posts... you will see everything...
So your selling?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #90
Glennfett
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

wow!!!
Awesome to see ALL these prints in this thread.Love the MT stuff,but love the other artists contributions to the Soulfire/Aspen mythos.
I too have my first bub due in 7 weeks,so that is why i ordered the NEW Aspen statue while i had all the baby stuff sorted.7 weeks..a new statue and 3 new prints on there way...but so much more awesomness to come.With con season starting up over there (im in Australia)..you can bet there will be some awesome new prints coming!!
I must say thankyou to the guy that posted the link to the Aspen in Leias slave outfit-im a huge SW fan,and i had NEVER seen that print before!!
kudos for all the pics guys!
Glennfett is offline   Reply With Quote