Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 08-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

A New Hope - The Obi-Wan Kenobi FS from Attakus

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the Death Star, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...

"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; you're my only hope."
- Princess Leia Organa

Hi guys,

I have today been able to add the Obi-Wan Kenobi FS made by Attakus (my statue has number 751 / 1,500) to my collection and I am very happy with it.
The statue reminds me of Ben 'Obi-Wan' Kenobi as portrayed by Sir Alec Guinness in Episode IV: A New Hope and I am excited to have this powerful Jedi-Master in my collection now.

The statue is heavy permanently attached to the base. The base itself is simple but it works really well since it allows the statue to really come forward and show i\ts qualities.
The paintjob is impeccable and together with the cool, characteristic pose of a thoughtful Ben Kenobi, this statue emphasizes that it means business!
The Force must have been with the sculptors when they created this piece; this piece is really that good.

I have taken some pictures which I will post shortly to allow you to make up your own mind.
But before I post the pics I would like to express my gratitude towards Edward who allowed me to add this great statue to my collections.
It was a great pleasure to meet you again Edward and I loved talking to you. Please say 'Hello!' to Marjolein and Chanel since I enjoyed meeting them as well.
May the Force be with you and your family for always and ever!

Alright then, here we go. Get ready to travel with me to a galaxy far, far away in order to meet one of the greatest Jedi Knights who ever lived...
Have fun and enjoy!

=====================================

"For over a thousand generations, the Jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old Republic... before the dark times... before the empire."

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

"The Force will be with you, always."
- Ben 'Obi-Wan' Kenobi

Background Information

Ben 'Obi-Wan' Kenobi

Species
Human

Height
1.82 meters

Weight
77 kilograms

Hair color
Auburn, later white

Eye color
Blue-gray

Skin color
Fair

"Obi-Wan is a great mentor; as wise as Master Yoda, and as powerful as Master Windu."
―Anakin Skywalker, to Padme Amidala

Obi-Wan Kenobi, later known as Ben Kenobi during his exile, was a legendary Jedi Master who played a significant role in the fate of the galaxy during the waning days of the Galactic Republic.
He was the mentor of both Anakin and Luke Skywalker, training both in the ways of the Force.
He had a long and tumultuous career that helped shape the fate of the entire galaxy.

Born in 57 BBY on Stewjon, Kenobi was taken as the Jedi apprentice of Qui-Gon Jinn and traveled on many missions with him. During the Invasion of Naboo in 32 BBY, Kenobi became the first Jedi in approximately 1,000 years to defeat a Sith Lord in combat when he defeated Darth Maul during the Second Battle of Theed, yet lost his master in the same duel.
In 22 BBY, Kenobi found the Clone army on Kamino, and he was captured and almost executed in the Petranaki arena on Geonosis, along with Skywalker and Senator Padmé Amidala. The newly arrived clone troopers rescued them, but the following battle began the galaxy-wide Clone Wars.

Kenobi fought during many battles of the Clone Wars, and was one of the last members of the Jedi High Council. Even after his apprentice became a Jedi Knight, Kenobi and Skywalker fought together many times, becoming a widely renowned pair. Kenobi earned the sobriquet "The Negotiator" through his charm and calm demeanor as well as the quiet threat of his abilities with a lightsaber.
During the war, an old enemy returned to haunt Kenobi: Darth Maul, the murderer of Qui-Gon Jinn.
With aid of his brother, Savage Opress, the revived Sith Lord went to create a criminal empire, all the while plotting revenge on his most despised adversary. Kenobi clashed blades with Maul on occasion across the galaxy. He was devastated as Maul slew the Jedi's past love interest, Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore, in cold blood, yet remained strong throughout the conflict.
Later in the war, Skywalker saved his life in a battle fought over Coruscant, after which Kenobi killed General Grievous on Utapau. However, he was soon betrayed, as Commander Cody, following Order 66, opened fire on him.

Kenobi met up with his old mentor Grand Master Yoda, and the two realized that not many Jedi had survived the attacks. The two returned to the Jedi Temple, where they learned the agonizing truth: Skywalker, now lost to the dark side of the Force, had led an attack to kill all Jedi remaining in the Jedi Temple, following orders from Chancellor Palpatine, the ruler of the successor of the Republic, the Galactic Empire.
Kenobi traveled to Mustafar in order to duel his former apprentice and friend, now the Sith Lord Darth Vader. Finally, Vader was taken in by a storm of lava, and Kenobi remorsefully left him to die.
While Yoda, one of the few other Jedi to survive the Great Jedi Purge, went into exile, Kenobi took the son of Skywalker and Amidala, Luke Skywalker, to live with the Lars family on Tatooine. He became a friend of the young Skywalker as he grew up, but he did not tell Skywalker his actual identity.

Kenobi re-emerged in 0 BBY, shortly before the Battle of Yavin. After Leia Organa, Vader's daughter and Luke Skywalker's twin sister, was captured by the Empire, she contacted him desperately.
Kenobi gave Luke his father's lightsaber and traveled with him to Alderaan in Han Solo's Millennium Falcon, only to realize that the Death Star had destroyed the planet. Kenobi entered the Death Star with Luke, Han, Chewbacca, C-3PO, and R2-D2, in order to rescue Organa, but Darth Vader sensed his presence.
In a duel with his former apprentice, Kenobi gave up his life to allow Luke to escape, vanishing into the Force the moment Vader struck him down with his weapon.
Three years later, his spirit returned to Luke to lead him to Dagobah in order to learn from Master Yoda. He even carried out his role as a mentor to the younger Jedi beyond his natural life through use of the Force, remaining a significant influence on Luke Skywalker's foundation of the New Jedi Order.

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

How do these compare in size to Gentle Giant statues?
Old 08-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 08-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 08-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

"Use the Force, Luke"

Rainer

Old 08-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 08-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
How do these compare in size to Gentle Giant statues?
Attakus SW statues are 1:5 scale. GG 1:6. So they don't really work well together IMO.

Sculpts on the Attakus pieces are unparalleled. I never cared for the poor likenesses on most the human characters however. Obi-Wan and Snowspeeder Pilot Luke are two of the worst offenders. If you're okay with artist's interpretations and not concerned with likeness they're beautiful pieces though.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Attakus SW statues are 1:5 scale. GG 1:6. So they don't really work well together IMO.

Sculpts on the Attakus pieces are unparalleled. I never cared for the poor likenesses on most the human characters however. Obi-Wan and Snowspeeder Pilot Luke are two of the worst offenders. If you're okay with artist's interpretations and not concerned with likeness they're beautiful pieces though.
GG wasn't the best at human likeness either.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
GG wasn't the best at human likeness either.
True. Overall though GG's human likenesses are far better than Attakus. And I say this as a huge fan of both Attakus' and GG's SW lines.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
Josh2K4
Nightwing

nice pics as always!

Congrats on the new piece
Josh2K4 is offline   Reply With Quote