Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 08-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #11
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Thanks for checking out this thread guys!
The statues of Attakus are indeed larger/bigger than those of GG even though that did not stop me from mixing their SW pieces (the statues of Luke Skywalker which you can see in the pics are displayed together with the statue of Luke on a Taun-Taun from GG) and IMHO they sure look nice together

The likeness of the statues may not be spot on but when I look at these statues I really see Ben 'Obi-Wan' Kenobi as played ny Alec Guinness or Luke Skywalker as played by Mark Hamilton.
I guess the statues really remind me of Ben and Luke and that's why I 'recognize' them when I look at their statues.

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
GG wasn't the best at human likeness either.
I think Gentle Giant's problems have centered more around the paint work than the sculpts. If you could combine their sculpts with Attakus' paint and production work, you'd pretty much have the perfect Star Wars line.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:47 AM   #13
built2shred
Phoenix

They all have a look on their face like princess leia just walked into the room naked or something... eyes about ready to pop out of their heads..

Are these older statues?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #14
JawaMarinara
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Attakus statues are very nice for heavy solid feeling statues. I have the Royal Guard, Jango and Stormtrooper. These looks great. I've stayed away from the ones with human faces, as they are always really off and just look silly IMO. Jedi Luke is OK, but still pretty off. Obi-wan looks somewhat Asian I think? I don't see the likeness at all with him.

I'd like to eventually get the walking Vader variant/exclusive. But there are other $$$ Vader statues I can more easily add to my collection that will looks just as great or better.
JawaMarinara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #15
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
They all have a look on their face like princess leia just walked into the room naked or something... eyes about ready to pop out of their heads..

Are these older statues?
LOL! ROTFL!
Thanks for the good laugh Buillt2shred!
I guess it's a good thing Han Solo has not read this since otherwise Chewbacca and him might have visited this form in order to defend the honour of his wife... LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawaMarinara View Post
Attakus statues are very nice for heavy solid feeling statues. I have the Royal Guard, Jango and Stormtrooper. These looks great. I've stayed away from the ones with human faces, as they are always really off and just look silly IMO. Jedi Luke is OK, but still pretty off. Obi-wan looks somewhat Asian I think? I don't see the likeness at all with him.

I'd like to eventually get the walking Vader variant/exclusive. But there are other $$$ Vader statues I can more easily add to my collection that will looks just as great or better.
I hope you will get the Attakus Vader JawaMarinara. If you do please post some pics to share that awesome statue with us!

I agree that the likeliness might not be 100 percent spot-on but at the same time I also believe that the statue resembles Ben 'Obi-Wan' Kenobi enough to recognize Ben:

Just my two cents though; YMMV!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The problem with Attakus' human pieces and their respective likeness issues has always revolved around the eyes.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:08 AM   #17
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

It is a nice statue. The sculpt is quite good, and has nice details. The problem lies not as much in the face sculpt, as in the bland dual color paint of the skin and hair. With a professional repaint of the face and hair this statue will look fantastic.

The armored characters from Attakus are the best but they are not too accurate alas. The TIE Pilot has a HUGE chest box and the helmet looks weird and the Stormtrooper has its own issues with helmet and armor. Then there is the dancing Sandtrooper, one of the worst poses any SW statue could have.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote