Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #11
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

still.. there is no other reason why SSC is increasing their statues prices other to make more money and to be on the price level like prime1 and XM to increase profit.

I dont wanna hear that BS about licenses, labor costs..etc... not in that kind of increase over months
Old 11-11-2016, 09:29 AM   #12
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

SideShexit anyone?who are we kidding, know one is going anywhere.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #13
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
SideShexit anyone?who are we kidding, know one is going anywhere.
Agreed. In some capacity most people that are complaining will still be around just the same as they are still around after the last sticker shock moment.

It's a madhouse. Drink up!
Old 11-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #14
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

They know, that WE know, that their pieces are nowhere near the quality of P1's. If they want to charge us 700$ they should come out and say - 'guys, so this is one of the most ambitious (I mean, it is, stunning, in every aspect, bravo Will) 1:4 pieces, we are doing. As such, we want to deliver the best quality possible. We are going to spare no expense on the QC, the factory, etc, but it will also cost you. Hope you understand the price hike. Rest assured, this piece will rock. - Love Sideshow'.

Even though the quality has improved recently, I am not willing to spend (and won't) $700 on what may be, or may be not.
Simple as. That's my 5 cents.

So until I see the production sample, not interested in this.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:36 AM   #15
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
They know, that WE know, that their pieces are nowhere near the quality of P1's. If they want to charge us 700$ they should come out and say - 'guys, so this is one of the most ambitious (I mean, it is, stunning, in every aspect, bravo Will) 1:4 pieces, we are doing. As such, we want to deliver the best quality possible. We are going to spare no expense on the QC, the factory, etc, but it will also cost you. Hope you understand the price hike. Rest assured, this piece will rock. - Love Sideshow'.

Even though the quality has improved recently, I am not willing to spend (and won't) $700 on what may be, or may be not.
Simple as. That's my 5 cents.

So until I see the production sample, not interested in this.
Sideshow won't make such statement because they can't vouch consistently for their Chinese factory.

There is also a possibility of future lean here. Throw that into the equation as well when considering if even after all the complaining this purchase is worth the gamble.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #16
built2shred
Phoenix

You know what's interesting is PCS just announced Street Fighter Juri statue for $400 if you prepay. It's a very detailed statue with a fairly small Edition Size of 600.... So it seems other companies have no problem making 1:4 statues in the $400 range..
Old 11-11-2016, 09:40 AM   #17
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Other companies don't have the overhead Sideshow has. All those licenses they have to pay for, fancy website, fancy offices/warehouse, returns policy, dedicated customer service, etc.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:47 AM   #18
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Other companies don't have the overhead Sideshow has. All those licenses they have to pay for, fancy website, fancy offices/warehouse, returns policy, dedicated customer service, etc.
Yep, I doubt the street fighter license is even in the same ballpark as a Marvel or DC.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:56 AM   #19
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
You know what's interesting is PCS just announced Street Fighter Juri statue for $400 if you prepay. It's a very detailed statue with a fairly small Edition Size of 600.... So it seems other companies have no problem making 1:4 statues in the $400 range..
Not even in the same league as far as Licenses go and you also have to figure in the price of having Harbottle sculpt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Yep, I doubt the street fighter license is even in the same ballpark as a Marvel or DC.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:01 AM   #20
COI

Yeah, agreed. Just made the same point in the DP thread when someone mentioned that Blizzard piece.

You can't just go "Company A made X and charged Y, so SS is price gouging on Z". Different companies, different business models, different overhead. Statue to statue comparisons make sense as a consumer choosing what statue to buy for their collection, but it doesn't work when trying to compare what a company should or should not charge, or what constitutes price gouging.
Closed Thread