Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Vallos
Jubilee

Medusa's Gaze - Resin

Guys, I contacted Yamato (facebook) on the resin version of Medusa (as well as Dancer of Pain Resin)... Here is the response:

Hello How are you doing? We don't have updates yet on the Medusa Resin statue. Regarding the Dancer of Pain, we only have updates on the PVC statue. No further information regarding the Resin version. I will let you know once we get more information.

So this is a weird that retailers are advertizing the statue. I replyed with a link to this thread. I'll update you once they respond, or you can check out their facebook page.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Guys, I contacted Yamato (facebook) on the resin version of Medusa (as well as Dancer of Pain Resin)... Here is the response:

Hello How are you doing? We don't have updates yet on the Medusa Resin statue. Regarding the Dancer of Pain, we only have updates on the PVC statue. No further information regarding the Resin version. I will let you know once we get more information.

So this is a weird that retailers are advertizing the statue. I replyed with a link to this thread. I'll update you once they respond, or you can check out their facebook page.
Thx much Vallos...Your awesome !!!!
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
Vallos
Jubilee

Here is their response:

I checked with our accountant and she told me nothing is produced in Resin Statue.

I did not ask any further questions (if it will be produced), but I thought you guys should know that if you see one advertised... it's fake.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
Outhsider
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Thanks Vallos for the update.
I was allready curious about any updates for these statues.
Outhsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
Y3E
Gen 13

Fake? How can it be fake? There is a reputed store selling this online and the release date is March 2012 and in the description it says by Yamato.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Vallos
Jubilee

So take the word “fake” and inset “misleading”.

This picture was taken from SDCC 2010.

Yamato (Take Iseki), answered a question (post #460) I posed in this tread: http://statueforum.com/showthread.ph...yamato&page=12.
This is his reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Iseki View Post
Dear Vallos.

The base on which Medusa is standing is the prototype base for Medusa resin. For the time being, we used Medusa PVC figures over the base as we do not have the resin figure, yet.

Take'
Since then, there has been no official word on the resin statue of Medusa. That is until I asked them directly on the status of the statue. They answered that they have not produced Medusa in resin. It cannot get anymore official than that. I did not follow up to inquire if they will produce it in the future, so it’s possible that it still on the table. However, their response leads me to believe that the project is scrapped or at the very least far off down the road. Until stated otherwise, I’m going to believe that the statue advertised from retailers is misleading.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
Halcyon
New Republic

Wink

What kind of statue is this.. Is she doing it in public, or what?!

Looks very good, colors of the base and the snake too. If this is going to be a resin version. What scale would this normally be? 1/5 would be nice to display.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
So take the word “fake” and inset “misleading”.

This picture was taken from SDCC 2010.

Yamato (Take Iseki), answered a question (post #460) I posed in this tread: http://statueforum.com/showthread.ph...yamato&page=12.
This is his reply:

Since then, there has been no official word on the resin statue of Medusa. That is until I asked them directly on the status of the statue. They answered that they have not produced Medusa in resin. It cannot get anymore official than that. I did not follow up to inquire if they will produce it in the future, so it’s possible that it still on the table. However, their response leads me to believe that the project is scrapped or at the very least far off down the road. Until stated otherwise, I’m going to believe that the statue advertised from retailers is misleading.
Thanks for looking into this, Vallos. I was going to order it online and it makes sense that she is not coming out as Yamatousa has nothing on its site about it. I can't say I'm not disappointed though. I was hoping to get this and pair it off with my white pvc version.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
Vallos
Jubilee

No problem, Y3E. I sent the Big Bad Toy Store link to Yamato and inquired if the statue is still being considered.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #10
Y3E
Gen 13

Fingers and toes crossed.