Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-04-2014, 12:40 AM   #21
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Sorry, I still don't like it. It is kind of cheesy. I'd like something that would display better with Catwoman.
HEY! Stop being so grumpy Wisconsin!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:17 AM   #22
built2shred
Phoenix

I understand their trying to offer up sexier versions of DC's female characters, but it just feels like their going a bit to far and they're ending up with very trashy/sluty looking statues...

I guess it's just not my thing....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:37 AM   #23
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I understand their trying to offer up sexier versions of DC's female characters, but it just feels like their going a bit to far and they're ending up with very trashy/sluty looking statues...

It looks no worse than her ridiculous new 52 outfit in my opinion.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #24
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
It looks no worse than her ridiculous new 52 outfit in my opinion.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #25
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
HEY! Stop being so grumpy Wisconsin!
LOL. I'm not. It just isn't working for me.

Quote:

Exactly.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #26
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Her Asylum costume was a bit on the prostitute side...I mean nurse outfit with boobs practically falling out...

People liked that, I know it looks ridiculous but these characters sometimes have a reason for all of this. I mean I read a book, recommended to those that analyze and are intrigued by mental disorders, but the book was about Batman and his characters and how they all carry a mental disorder. I think it was call Batman and Psychology.
*Yup it is call just that: http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Psychol.../dp/1118167651 *

And what caught me was the Harley and Joker part, essentially saying that Harley is very attracted to Joker mentally and physically. And we never know if they have at all ever had sex, or anything even on the abusive rape end.

So basically it is in Harley's hopes to attract Joker's attention, and if he always calls her stupid and useless, maybe her sex appeal can change that.

I mean that's thinking on the deep end, but I like that they actually sexualize these characters, even if it is just comics.
CallMeTheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #27
built2shred
Phoenix

I agree DC makes certain female characters very sexualized and Harley New 52 outfit with the corset and short shorts pushes the limits but IMO it stops short of going to far, IMO these statues kind of cross the line, their outfits look like something I would see if I went to a brothel that specializes in having it's girls dress up to resemble comic book characters.. Not that I've gone to such a place **cough**

Oh well, I said my piece, I won't stay in here and ruin it for the rest of you guys...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #28
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
I agree DC makes certain female characters very sexualized and Harley New 52 outfit with the corset and short shorts pushes the limits but IMO it stops short of going to far, IMO these statues kind of cross the line, their outfits look like something I would see if I went to a brothel that specializes in having it's girls dress up to resemble comic book characters.. Not that I've gone to such a place **cough**

Oh well, I said my piece, I won't stay in here and ruin it for the rest of you guys...
haha I hear those are big in Japan lmao!

Yeah that is true I guess, but unfortunately it follows the trend of today. I mean I go to church and there is about 20 people all in short shorts (we are a big volleyball community, so it's not on the slutty end but more of the lazy I'm-a-sports-jock-and-didn't-change-before-mass-end).

So while we know and love Harley as the jumpsuit darling, things like the Arkham games show that even sexing her up will make her still lovable. So it's a standard win-lose situation. Pretty much you love her for the character but feel she isn't following the standard classic.

I mean I doubt I may buy this, as I have plenty on my plate, but I can say good job to those that will definitely buy her, as I would *if* I wasn't so in debt
CallMeTheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #29
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeTheDoctor View Post
Her Asylum costume was a bit on the prostitute side...I mean nurse outfit with boobs practically falling out...
I really don't see that at all... here she is:

On the other hand the New 52 costume is far worse than what she looked like in Asylum:
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #30
dechirico7
The Flash

I think the Royo piece is a tad too realistic that we find it a bit more disturbing. Seeing it illustrated in a comic isn't quite as bothersome. I still think this Royo costume is a tad too hooker/prostitute though. It reminds me of the cheap hooker outfit Roberts wore in Pretty Woman. But maybe that is the look Royo is going for. Dirty, street walking Harley on a beach ball, lol. (I had to.)
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote