Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-22-2018, 06:14 AM   #2741
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Thx. I repainted the "green" hair into brown, I repainted the whole white chalk skin tone fitting to the face skin tone of the original paint. At mine it seems they painted the body and face seperatly and the skin tone was not 100% the same. Now it is.
Also put the blood spots more like in the movie and made them more dark like real blood. Also lighted the hands a little bit cause for me they were too dark and I put the blood spot new on them. Also put a magnet into the empty hand so I can turn the hand in any position I want. The idea of the re-painted snake base was like you correctly said some kind of Mamba or silver metal skin. I also put a layer of "smoke" color over it.

Did you see the spider in the background at one of the pictures ;-) HUGH spider at my wall ;-)
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:39 AM   #2742
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Great idea magnetizing left arm punisher, gives you options on posing Arnold’s hand to your preference, I prefer palm facing down.

The spider on your wall is coming to battle with Conan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Opened up and repositioned hands, magnetized so it can be in any position, I prefer the palms turned a little more to the ground, also repainted hands wasn’t happy with the grey and blood splatter.

Original paint and position.

My revisions.

Seperated and magnetized the hands.

warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #2743
punisher2000

Sorry... the white color is quite lot reflecting.. the skin tone highlights are blown away by the light but here are some details and imagines of the hand possition options:

Old 07-23-2018, 11:34 PM   #2744
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazio23 View Post
Congrats on the setup Bob Morton! I have the same Martin Ansin Art print and hope to display above my statue as well.

It would be cool to see a statue depicting end of The Barbarian with Conan at top of stairs holding both swords or even Doom's head.
The Conan on top of the stairs would be amazing...but at this point I would really like any kind of conan statue! Looks like there is none in the works right now.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:54 AM   #2745
warhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Sorry... the white color is quite lot reflecting.. the skin tone highlights are blown away by the light but here are some details and imagines of the hand possition options:

The hair and skin tone looks a lot better with these pics, I see your wheel of pain pendant is missing, mines came in broken and I asked for a replacement, they actually sent me a return order for UPS to pickup, but I wasn’t gonna take a chance to return the whole statue with all the drama that was going on with PCS.

I have been using my beach versions wheel of pain pendant, now that sideshow is taking over I wrote them again about a replacement, instead of returning the whole statue because of a broken pendant.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:44 PM   #2746
punisher2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
...I see your wheel of pain pendant is missing,...
VERY GOOD EYE Warehead!! There you see a real fan!!
I put it off and filled the neck gab with aves and sculpted the neck. Then repainted the whole body and fitted the skin tone of the head to the rest of the body.

Did you notice... the neck leatherband of the PCS is hiding the neck gab. I dont like this aspect and go into the re-sculpting.
I will do a custom pain pendant with a thiner leatherband the the original one. Maybe I will let him be this way. not sure but i like him this way better so far.

I think your replacement trouble is cause the band is glued to the neck so no seperat spare part and they change the whole statue I guess. For me it also would be too much trouble ... when I were you... but they should offer a discount or anything else.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #2747
warhead

The pendant was and is a must have for these statues speaking for myself, I also changed the leather on the necklace, I also cut then turned then reglued the top of the pendant so it could sit down on his chest correctly.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:31 PM   #2748
punisher2000

phenomenal...

Old 07-24-2018, 05:55 PM   #2749
warhead

Hey punisher...did a follow up email with PCS and theyhad my old emails and said the status has changed and they have a few extra pendants, so I don’t have to return or destroy my statue to get a new one, the response was pretty quick.

Here’s the pic I sent them when I 1st got mines, the leather was also stretched out and loose on mines.

I am so glad I followed up with them, I might have missed the boat on a replacement if I didn’t.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:11 PM   #2750
rcaido
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Does anyone have an extra conan logo?
rcaido is offline   Reply With Quote