Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 12-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #741
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Unmasked Kitana is border-line boring. Mileena has two good portraits and a better base design (that lights up). From the images/videos i've seen so far, Mileena appears to be made to a higher standard. Mileena comes with metal weapons. I'm sure i read somewhere Kitana's fan's were to be made from metal, but weren't once the piece shipped?
Yes fans are not metal. Mine is going back to ssc for an exchange....paint on mine has stray paint streaks on the skin.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:17 AM   #742
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Yes fans are not metal. Mine is going back to ssc for an exchange....paint on mine has stray paint streaks on the skin.
I ordered Kitana as soon as the pre order went up. Months later i switched the order to Mileena. Didn't want both, as the poses are identical.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:06 PM   #743
apellica
The Herculoids

Kitana came out really well. Don't get me wrong, you are getting more bang for the buck with Mileena since her base lights up and has metal weapons.

However, Mileena would not exist without Kitana so I would of thought collector's would display both of them together.

Oh well, to each his own....
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:08 PM   #744
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I find it tacky displaying obvious variants (even if it's only the upper body here) in close proximity to each other. I've seen new collectors going on a binge, even buying multiples of currently-available statues (cough, Zangief), only to then burn out because they haven't figured out a long term plan.

So I don't follow the logic of having to buy Kitana/Mileena both and displaying them together just because they exist.

Besides the identical poses, and both being from completely different games style-wise, curation becomes a necessity after being years in the game.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:56 PM   #745
ukshaun
Hercules

Mileena 1/3 arrived today. I am so impressed. I couldn't ask for more (given the price). I got what i expected/wanted
10/10 to PCS

..i'll take some photos, and post'em later.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:32 PM   #746
The Co11ector
Birdman
Adamantium Member

I haven't been able to insert the front peg into the base. It gets stuck and the more I wiggle it around trying to get in the more stuck it becomes when trying to get it out. I'm gonna have to use a drill to make the hole just a tad bit bigger.

Other than that I was pleasantly surprised the way Mileena turned out. The craftsmanship (minus the peg) and paint job is bar none one of the top pieces PCS has produced. I'm just waiting on Kitana I can't display Mileena with her, for me it looks incomplete.
The Co11ector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:08 PM   #747
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Co11ector View Post
I haven't been able to insert the front peg into the base. It gets stuck and the more I wiggle it around trying to get in the more stuck it becomes when trying to get it out. I'm gonna have to use a drill to make the hole just a tad bit bigger.

Other than that I was pleasantly surprised the way Mileena turned out. The craftsmanship (minus the peg) and paint job is bar none one of the top pieces PCS has produced. I'm just waiting on Kitana I can't display Mileena with her, for me it looks incomplete.
Mine was like that. Mileena's right foot would only insert half way. Mileena's left foot peg would not align with the hole. Using force, i managed to push both pegs where they needed to go
Old 12-03-2018, 04:08 PM   #748
ukshaun
Hercules

Mileena MKX 1/3 scale

More images here:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...147668&page=20
Old 12-03-2018, 04:52 PM   #749
The Co11ector
Birdman
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Mine was like that. Mileena's right foot would only insert half way. Mileena's left foot peg would not align with the hole. Using force, i managed to push both pegs where they needed to go
Ah I see, glad you were able to insert the peg all the way. Like you I'll try to use more force, but it was good to know mine wasn't the only one.
The Co11ector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:31 PM   #750
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Got her today, too. Awesome in all aspects. I totally agree with the guys above. In hand she looks like the prototype: perfect.
PCS also nailed both portraits. Both look awesome. Skin tone is also perfect for my taste. Bit like the great one on SS Powergirl. "High end sexy evil beautiful".

10/10
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote