Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #791
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Just got to see this beast in person at a store i visities while i was out of town yesterday. Goodness me! If I didn't hate the subsequent movies I would have had to get this. Beautiful piece.

Prime and hopefully Bee will do just fine for me. Too much and it quickly becomes too rich for my blood.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:08 PM   #792
built2shred
Phoenix

Only thing that concerns me with this statue is that it's been up for sale for a long time and it's not been able to sell 500 units, which tells me it will be a nightmare trying to sell this down the road if you ever decided to get rid of it...

Other issue I had, was that they kept changing how Megatron looks in practically every movie which makes this statue less desirable IMO, if they would of kept him looking like this throughout all 3 of the movies then I think it would be more desirable...

Still looks awesome though, just didn't want to spend $2k and then a few years later decide to sell and it only being worth maybe $1k ((( shrug ))) Hopefully I'm wrong...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:46 PM   #793
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Only thing that concerns me with this statue is that it's been up for sale for a long time and it's not been able to sell 500 units, which tells me it will be a nightmare trying to sell this down the road if you ever decided to get rid of it...

Other issue I had, was that they kept changing how Megatron looks in practically every movie which makes this statue less desirable IMO, if they would of kept him looking like this throughout all 3 of the movies then I think it would be more desirable...

Still looks awesome though, just didn't want to spend $2k and then a few years later decide to sell and it only being worth maybe $1k ((( shrug ))) Hopefully I'm wrong...
I highly doubt it will devalue especially when there is an ES with this. I think this is the best of the 3 megatrons design. Sadly I have to wait till Dec to get him now.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:35 AM   #794
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I highly doubt it will devalue especially when there is an ES with this. I think this is the best of the 3 megatrons design. Sadly I have to wait till Dec to get him now.
In Japan, stores were selling off their remaining stock extremely cheap just to clear him out... Two members on the freaks board scored him for less then $800 + shipping from these same stores in Japan.

If you plan on keeping him forever then I wouldn't worry... I just know myself and I like to change things up in my collection from time to time...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:51 AM   #795
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
In Japan, stores were selling off their remaining stock extremely cheap just to clear him out... Two members on the freaks board scored him for less then $800 + shipping from these same stores in Japan.

If you plan on keeping him forever then I wouldn't worry... I just know myself and I like to change things up in my collection from time to time...
If those are true, they are just one offs. I'm only getting this to pair with Prime.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:08 AM   #796
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

EN8A4572 by OCD Photographers, on Flickr
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #797
BigLeagueChu
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Mine arrived yesterday...this thing is sweet

BigLeagueChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #798
hnguyen45471
Fantastic Four

I received mine today and the head of Megatron turns out to be made of plastic. I wonder if all of you are having it the same thing as me??? Can any one confirm? Thanks
hnguyen45471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #799
VS1976

88lbs of megatron just shipped
Old 10-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #800
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
88lbs of megatron just shipped
Congrats J...your gonna be very impressed with his presence.Have fun assembling him
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote