Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #101
AC_808
Hercules

That one first pic looks great, but I'd like to see more pics of her at different angles. I feel like I haven't seen the full sculpt, yet.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:45 AM   #102
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Definitely no heels. My big problem with this has always been the pose though. Displaying her from her right side (since she's facing that way) you see part of her face, an arm, and a leg. The majority of her torso is hidden by her arm. This is one I wish they'd scrap and start over. There are a lot of poses for her that show off the entire figure. I don't know why XM chose one that doesn't.
All and every statue is like that. Put it on a turntable and you have no problem. You will never be able to see all of every statue. I will have Doctor Strange on display and will never see hi Eye of Agamotto symbol on the back of his cape...and that's a nice detail to see. I can't see the backside and other parts of Red Sonja or parts of the snake base depending on how she is displayed.

If you just want a different pose or her standing or something...then that is understandable. Hell....you couldn't see all of SS Black Cat PF unless she was on a turntable. BTW...that SS Black Cat PF is still one of the best female statues I have ever seen or owned. Brilliantly done by SS!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #103
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I voiced my opinion on here and on the FB thread.

Those heels have to go. My vote is for replacement is a spin-off of Terry Dodson's design for her footwear. It was a tactile bootie and makes complete sense for her character.

I want this piece but will not buy it if she has heels. That's just a slap in the face to the character. Instead it makes it look like a chick who's doing cosplay. Which I should know because I was Black Cat for Halloween and the only white boots I could find were platform go-go boots -- guess what -- not practical for a cat burglar!

The design and pose is fine for me. I understand where people's concerns are about displaying her. But I don't see the back half of my pieces anyway. But for those who are "a$$" peeps, it is a tough pose
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #104
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Every statue has a backside that's not going to be seen (unless you have a spinning base). I'm not asking for a 360 degree display, but I would like to see the body they're spending so much time sculpting. In this case, the back of the statue is the front of the body. If the display angle they're trying to promote is her right side then they should drop her right arm and right leg down and it would make a huge difference. Make the left arm and leg do what the right arm and leg are doing and the poses opens up so you can see her body instead of the way it's hidden now. Or give me another HS that is facing left instead of right so I can display it that way. I may be in the minority though and I'll wait to see the finished product, but as-is, I can't rationalize spending $1000 on this.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:41 PM   #105
dechirico7
The Flash

XM should hire Ehren on full-time.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #106
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I hope we get to see her face again soon.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:12 PM   #107
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
All and every statue is like that. Put it on a turntable and you have no problem. You will never be able to see all of every statue. I will have Doctor Strange on display and will never see hi Eye of Agamotto symbol on the back of his cape...and that's a nice detail to see. I can't see the backside and other parts of Red Sonja or parts of the snake base depending on how she is displayed.
Congrats on Dr Stange! I love how XM thinks outside the box. Making him look like he is floating is so cool.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #108
KELPIE
New Republic

I have no problem with the pose, I'd just rather she not be leaning on a cat.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:15 PM   #109
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
XM should hire Ehren on full-time.
Agreed. I buddy of mine bought one of his sculpts, and I was lucky enough to be able to look at the file in all of its amazing parts.... Damn it was a joy to look at.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:53 AM   #110
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

"Tsk tsk – you men never understand, do you ? Then perhaps it’s time you learned.."

XM Studios Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote