Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-03-2018, 09:28 PM   #2871
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I give IS props for trying with their offering. Especially the explorers. But...they could do better. IDK. If they expect people to buy it for the price they are asking then they should know the only people who will buy it are people who want accuracy, so do better and charge more money.

Those explorers, man. I look at what I'm creating in the 1:20 scale and I see theirs and it's just total boner-be-gone, enthusiastic killing, groan inducing accuracy problems at the 1/10 scale. I know it's not a finished product but when you display it you basically have it done in your mind, minus some minor changes you know are always involved before production. Sadly there is a price point to aim for and there must be sacrifices. I get it.

My BO rex is still in the box but I stand by what I said about it. I don't think I'll have it repainted, either. I got what I paid for. I rather had paid $500 more and gotten a better product, but that's them breaks. What I got is pretty stellar.

Bronze BO rex I dunno. I guess that floats some people's boats. I didn't realize it was really a thing for the hobby. I rather a 1:10 BO rex be produced but ah well.

So what's the deal with the bronze BO? I see a yes it's the same size as BO rex, then roughly 1:25. Sure am seeing alot of this lately between Bronze BO and the JW dio sizes. One CC answer the JW dio IR is 1:20, the next it's 1:25. What is the official size of the BO rex? 1:20 as I've thought? Or is that sucker more like 1:25? Am I wasting my time 'almost' scratch building ford explorers or not? Because if I am I am taking all 7 lindbergs both 2d and 4d models that I've wasted money on and treating them as golf balls for my taylormade SLDR driver for 7 swings.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:41 AM   #2872
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Yea, those IS pieces don't really look good to me. Some of the morons over at the freaks board that are so smitten with IS are usually the same ones who love to bash CC for idiotic reasons, but I just don't see it.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #2873
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Well.. this is not the place, but their explorers are the best JP-related thing that i’ve ever seen.
And that T-rex color scheme is really something.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #2874
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yea, those IS pieces don't really look good to me. Some of the morons over at the freaks board that are so smitten with IS are usually the same ones who love to bash CC for idiotic reasons, but I just don't see it.
They've only showed prototypes, correct?

They also said they were going to make changes.

Don't underestimate them. They have some successful Marvel and SW lines. I still remember when they gave us that POS Mark 42 and I thought it was over for them.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:52 PM   #2875
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
They've only showed prototypes, correct?

They also said they were going to make changes.

Don't underestimate them. They have some successful Marvel and SW lines. I still remember when they gave us that POS Mark 42 and I thought it was over for them.
me too. I think it was their first Cap A that really broke through for them, which is still the best movie Cap statue to date imo. I didn't forget their shady ES mess with that piece though, so I haven't bought anything from them since then.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:46 PM   #2876
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Well.. this is not the place, but their explorers are the best JP-related thing that i’ve ever seen.
Fair point. I definitely am not calling them a suckfest. It's probably the best effort I have ever seen by a company, as a matter of fact. I can't really think of a better explorer. I wish I could and own said explorer but no one wanted to really do them justice for nearly 30 years now...
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:44 PM   #2877
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

At least they made the explorers. That's what most were crying about when CC said they don't do cars.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #2878
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
The explorers look off to me, but they did say they were going to fix some issues. Paint on the rex didn't look that good to me.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:12 AM   #2879
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

If we were to ever produce a scaled Explorer (we won't), I would have it scanned from the real vehicle and go from there. Once printed in any scale it's 100% accurate.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:22 PM   #2880
oddlysober

Iron Studios is making an honest effort with their JP piece. I believe they are making everything by hand, no digital files from ILM or recast of recasts from Stan Winston Studios. While their Rexy's skin texture and proportions looked off, I still applaud their efforts and the artistry they bring for the JP license. As is, Iron Studios Rex still looked a heck more dynamic than anything CC has offered to date.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote