Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #11
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Another point.....I wonder if characterization is just dead....this book had some of the best around today, if not THE best, but that doesn't seem to matter...now, it's all about the last big "event", or waiting for the next major crossover!

Both Marvel and DC need to put an end to all these crossovers and special events and just concentrate on develop each book on it's own merits and strengths.

I just re-read Avengers #57-58 recently.....do you think we could see a story like that today? I SERIOUSLY doubt it!!!
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #12
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd View Post
I would have been happy to see this one continue also, but I assume it's because it's a tough and crowded market these days. I don't know how anyone could resist those Mark Brooks covers though.
The covers were indeed great. I wish I had the time and money to read everything I want because I also passed this series by even though I found the cast quite interesting.
ParisDean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #13
mad titan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

the problem with marvel ,is a band of friends around an editor who doent care about loyal fan base.if a title like nova isnt doing well ,they just increase its sales by pumping out variants.d n a was finally bringing nova to the fore front of a major player in the marvel universe.I have been on numerous forums and hear how many people are pissed off.marvels sales could sky rocket with the right people on the titles,especially with the movies being released in the next few years.all fans need to be allied together and show our strength in numbers by voicing thir opionions.
mad titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #14
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Yeah Fearless Defenders getting cancelled was a shame. It was a fun book. But I've gone though quite a few favorite books getting cancelled even if I only started in 2005/6, you sadly start getting used to it.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #15
sleepindeath
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
How many of the books that Marvel has launched in the last four months do you think will be around in a year? I'm betting less than five! (Pretty much every one has seen a MAJOR drop in their numbers already!)

This "Now or nothing" mentality is one of the main things that's killing the comic industry today. Rather than work on the problems and nurture a book, the attitude is "We'll just cancel it and start over with another #1!" Mark my word, this is going to back fire on the industry (and it's not just Marvel!).
One of my favs was The Scarlett Spider. They cancelled it and threw him in The New Warriors...which I refused to pick up. I feel your pain, but this is a business and they are the number one company in the business, so they could care less about a handful of people.
sleepindeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:06 PM   #16
mad titan

these are my picks to be cancelled in less than a year.ghost rider,silver surfer,maybe even moonknight.I hope elektra and ironfist stays its course and lasts a few years.maybe deadly hands of kung fu mini featuring shang chi sales will be positive to bring back a new shang chi master of kung fu series.lets hear from all the fans on thier thoughts ,so marvel knows what the majorityof us wants.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #17
mad titan

I put on comic conventions in winnipeg,and theres more than a hand full of people upset with marvels way of handling its series and new titles.every one into nova done by jeph loeb laughs at at this rendition.I personly stopped buying that along with other collectors from our conventions.I started picking up d c titles which i never did before.I spend alot on comics and i,m not buying titles that are made for pre schoolers.We need the likes of d n a , hickman or starlin on some of the cosmic events.hickman was good on fantastic four and great on avengers.was really happy to hear starlin was coming back with warlock after his summer graphic novel,only to hear marvel put a hold on that venture till a future date.there,s been a few loose ends in the last few years in the cosmic line.first richard rider returning from the cancerverse,second the race who took out wraiths people and family and last thanos son thane to play a major part of cosmic as well as thanos.right now its up to marvel if we see its cosmic titles to reach to new heights.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #18
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Yes, Joe Q's goal is to cancel your favorite book...good grief, grow up.
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #19
mad titan

I did i cancelled that title and used it for a better purpose... flush. looks like he was swallowed by a wormhole.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #20
mad titan

looks like we find out what happened to richard rider after all.news has it that q and mcguiness are revealing what happened in guardians of the galaxy 18 august release.from the cover of 18 looks like more 31st century guardians including starhawk.at least marvel is touching on this issue.