Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #161
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I'm not deflecting a damn thing.
Your enjoying American liberties secured from the beginning by the 2nd amendment.
That's not at all accurate to American history and yes, attempting to brush off someone's opinion with absurd criticisms like "oh you're not from around here" is a deflection.

Quote:
Your also attempting to wrap me in the NRA.
Go take it to them, not with me.

Google up all you like, Im not getting into that kind of discussion.
Let's remember where this started. I replied to your post about mental health issues where you said the NRA should do something. I explained why they're not interested in doing anything and you defended their actions, despite not knowing what they were.

If you don't want your opinion lumped in with the NRA, you shouldn't defend their actions, especially when you're not aware of what they are.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #162
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

People are freaking out buying anything with a high capacity mag lately. I see Ruger 10/22 25 round mags selling for upwards of $80 and even saw an assault style .22 rifle sell for over $1100 yesterday. I know Obama's two elections skyrocketed gun sales, but, what's the difference really in a ban now if there are potentially millions of weapons and magazines that were on the shelves a month ago, now in the hands of citizens. The hype is ridiculous.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #163
twoferflinchin
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Remember when the media had us all looking under our beds for terrorists? Don't look now, but they're manipulating us again. We've become a nation of cowering sissies.
twoferflinchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #164
MrYac
Hercules

well god willing there will be a new apocalypse scare soon to allow people to focus on the truly important matters in life
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #165
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The world is full of sheep incapable of thinking for themselves. Its strange how this tragic event has had the effect of causing a boom in gun purchases. Then again its not really strange, more depressing.

Last edited by Bullseye; 01-03-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #166
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I think its important to note that, for the most part, people aren't running out and buying firearms and high capacity magazines because of fear of another shooting incident, but rather that these weapons and mags may not be available due to being outlawed by new regulations and laws.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #167
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
I think its important to note that, for the most part, people aren't running out and buying firearms and high capacity magazines because of fear of another shooting incident, but rather that these weapons and mags may not be available due to being outlawed by new regulations and laws.
Which, to me, is even sadder.

It reminds me of those foolish black Friday videos on Youtube
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #168
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
The world is full of sheep incapable of thinking for themselves. Its strange how this tragic event has had the effect of causing a boom in gun purchases. Then again its not really strange, more depressing.
Let's look at the facts. Your statement is based on emotion, but when you actually look at facts they paint a different picture.

1. Patriot Act passed and began to undermine our rights, allowing agencies to conduct searches,investigations and surveillance without probable cause. They can tap phones,read emails view private medical and financial records without judicial oversight.
Citizens suspected of terr0r!sm could be detained indefinitely without being charged and without counsel from a lawyer.

2. Homeland Security was created after 9/11. Another agency created with more people to watch Americans and make us "safe". They set up fusion centers all over the country and fund a 12. million dollar study
by the University of Maryland which labels liberty loving people, people suspicious of centralized gov. and returning vets as potential terrorists. They also claim the economic down turn is leading to a rise in anti government sentiment.

Also if you think you're safe because you're not a "right winger" the report specifically credits "left wing" as anyone who wants to bring change through violent revolution and overthrow the capitalist system."
The FBI infiltrated,monitored and treated as terrorists the Occupy movement protesters and actually discussed assassinating the leaders.
Here are the documents provided by the freedom of information act to prove it.
http://www.justiceonline.org/comment...html#documents

3.NDAA or National Defense authorization act. Signed even after he said he'd veto it.
Detaining anyone who is deemed a terrorist without trial and indefinitely.
Yeah, no violations of civil liberties there.

4..Homeland Security purchases 1.6 billion rounds of ammo of various calibers, most of these are hollow point. For those who have no idea what this means, hollow point are specifically designed to mushroom on impact causing more damage to the target.
What kind of message does that send?

5. Domestic Drones,armed,unarmed it doesn't matter.
The congress says Big Brother's eye in the sky will be watching you They don't care about your privacy under a new system where everyone's guilty until proven innocent, and they ordered the FAA to change airspace rules to accommodate potentially up to 30,000 drones over the U.S. in the near future.

6. NSA facility in Utah. Information and intelligence culled on a nightmarish level,the ultra secretive agency is accountable to no one. Illegally eavesdropping for years.
If knowledge is power, imagine what power they have when they monitor all our communications without warrant. This technocratic society of ours has enslaved itself.

Connect the dots. Ask yourself why, for those who still maintain independent thought capacity, why would certain people be quick to dismiss or cover up these facts? Why would they intentionally divert the conversation?

Anyone here is free to Deflect,Deny,Delay,Discredit, Discount, Deceive or any of the other techniques you choose in trying to oppose these facts. I'm well aware of the routine.
But anyone is also free to research and educate yourself to the prison planet we are living in. Who's the real sheep? The one's arming themselves in the face of a threat and willing to fight for what's left of their freedom, or the ones who silently sit by and do nothing, deluding themselves or hoping things will eventually just somehow get better?
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #169
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Your "the government is evil and watches everything" schpiel doesn't work, or there wouldn't have just been a massacre in Connecticut.

Next you're going to tell us that 9/11 was a ploy of our government's as well, and either didn't actually occur.. or was orchestrated by our own people.

I went to NYC just after the attacks... I saw the damage and heartbreak first-hand. I also know people on here and elsewhere who were directly affected by it.

Coming from a very active military family, with some very high-ranking military within it, I can tell you.. after having discussed some of your... claims.. over the years with them, that some of your "facts" are bullsh!t. Ugh.. there's a term for what you're doing, but that would just rile you up even further.

In your own words, you are free to Deflect,Deny,Delay,Discredit, Discount, Deceive or any of the other techniques you choose in trying to oppose these facts. I'm well aware of the routine.
But you are also free to research and educate yourself to the ever-changing planet we are living in. Who's the real sheep?
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #170
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Your "the government is evil and watches everything" schpiel doesn't work, or there wouldn't have just been a massacre in Connecticut.

Next you're going to tell us that 9/11 was a ploy of our government's as well, and either didn't actually occur.. or was orchestrated by our own people.

I went to NYC just after the attacks... I saw the damage and heartbreak first-hand. I also know people on here and elsewhere who were directly affected by it.

Coming from a very active military family, with some very high-ranking military within it, I can tell you.. after having discussed some of your... claims.. over the years with them, that some of your "facts" are bullsh!t. Ugh.. there's a term for what you're doing, but that would just rile you up even further.

In your own words, you are free to Deflect,Deny,Delay,Discredit, Discount, Deceive or any of the other techniques you choose in trying to oppose these facts. I'm well aware of the routine.
But you are also free to research and educate yourself to the ever-changing planet we are living in. Who's the real sheep?
Exactly which of my facts are BS?
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote