Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-27-2014, 06:00 AM   #141
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Yes, it's been extremely formulaic. I've been looking more forward to Gotham recently. That show has grown each episode. This one continues to remain the same.
Gotham has started to grow on me but i still prefer Flash but it is rather formulaic
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:46 AM   #142
brentflynn
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
Liking the series but i'm already getting a little tired of a new Meta-human every episode but nice to see some of Barry's powers developing
Most first seasons follow the villain-of-the-week formula. It's used precisely to showcase developing character attributes (in this case super powers).
It's usually not until the second season that the main stories and arcs are developed.
brentflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #143
protector2814
Phoenix

Really enjoyed The Flash/Arrow team-up last night. This show, although extremely formulaic, is pure fun & I appreciate it. For the life of me, & my son was confused as well, I was unclear as to how the heroes ended up capturing Prism. Did we miss something? As far as an actual 2 story crossover, I noticed that the episode could also just be a stand-alone for when & if the show repeats or goes into syndication.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #144
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Nicely done episode last night, especially the mandatory fight scene between the heroes. GA should have been done for when the Flash did his body attack but good for what it is. Part 2 tonight
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #145
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Mark Hamill has joined cast as The Trickster.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/mark...7a81e1d57b77ae
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #146
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Really enjoyed The Flash/Arrow team-up last night. This show, although extremely formulaic, is pure fun & I appreciate it. For the life of me, & my son was confused as well, I was unclear as to how the heroes ended up capturing Prism. Did we miss something? As far as an actual 2 story crossover, I noticed that the episode could also just be a stand-alone for when & if the show repeats or goes into syndication.

I think they just skipped the capture of Prism as it wasn't as 'must see' as the GA/Flash fight. All Flash had to really do was just blindside the guy before he noticed him so that capture would have been lame anyway.

I agree though, this show is just solid fun so far
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #147
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ok i been watching the show on hulu and i love the Flash running scenes. Thats all i really care about.

Sadly this puppy love god crap with Iris is like Smallville all over again with Lana. Makes me just want to skip all scenes with him crying over Iris just to see the flash in action.

If they keep up the crying over Iris ill just drop the show and fast forward to flash scenes and thats it.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #148
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I have already dropped this show. It just didn't grab me enough to keep watching it and it is a bit too sophomoric for my taste. Still plan to check out Arrow though at some point.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #149
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Mark Hamill has joined cast as The Trickster.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/mark...7a81e1d57b77ae
LOL! That's funny! I remember Hamill's Trickster in the 1990 Flash TV series. I wonder if he'll have his "Snot Gun"? I know that was from the Justice League Unlimited cartoon version Trickster, but the Snot Gun was an instant classic!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:11 AM   #150
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
LOL! That's funny! I remember Hamill's Trickster in the 1990 Flash TV series. I wonder if he'll have his "Snot Gun"? I know that was from the Justice League Unlimited cartoon version Trickster, but the Snot Gun was an instant classic!
Sounds like Hamil's character will be an older original Trickster in a Hannibal Lecter type role helping to capture a new upstart Trickster. Love this show. It has it's issues but it is super fun.

Constantine is my favorite of this years comic shows however; and ironically it will likely be the first to be cancelled.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote