Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-15-2016, 05:59 PM   #2001
jaxon
The Herculoids

Thanks for the new pics Paul, looks awesome! Well worth the wait.
This will display nicely, next to my 84" battle damaged 1:1 Arnold. Oh snap, you haven't made one yet, or have you?
jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:25 AM   #2002
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

paul, can he stand on his own without the pegs? if so, i am going to have it removed when i get mine. Otherwise it's going to bother me to no end.

Just personal pet peeve, i absolutely hate anything visible added to a figure that's not there for the sole purpose of securing it. One of the main reason i never buy anything hot toys.

I guess it's too late, but it can be easily fixed by having the base terrain a bit higher around the feet where the pegs are, so it's not visible. Sideshow always do this, kinda like create a foot print in the base, that the foot can go into and cover any peg that's visible.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:47 AM   #2003
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

Is its right forearm supposed to be bent like that?

So sad to see such obvious shortcomings on what's supposed to be an "art" piece...
Can't believe this is the same company that gave us ED & Cain...
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:57 AM   #2004
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
I had the Hot Toys version and it was a cheap POS.
I agree,next to the higly innacurate sculpt it felt very cheap in hand but there's no denying the awesome chrome job they did on their production pieces....
Old 06-16-2016, 04:09 AM   #2005
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
So sad to see such obvious shortcomings on what's supposed to be an "art" piece...
Can't believe this is the same company that gave us ED & Cain...
WTF! Have you red Paul's answers?

"Yes we had to repose for the final product and printed it as per what the CGI file would allow."
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 04:16 AM   #2006
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
WTF! Have you red Paul's answers?

"Yes we had to repose for the final product and printed it as per what the CGI file would allow."
So,will the production piece 'in hand' be different then or will the forearm look exactly the same?
The fact the CGI file doesn't allow to have a straight forearm won't make it less unnatural looking.
It is a problem if people will be receiving this with a bent forearm.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:18 AM   #2007
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
paul, can he stand on his own without the pegs? if so, i am going to have it removed when i get mine. Otherwise it's going to bother me to no end.

Just personal pet peeve, i absolutely hate anything visible added to a figure that's not there for the sole purpose of securing it. One of the main reason i never buy anything hot toys.

I guess it's too late, but it can be easily fixed by having the base terrain a bit higher around the feet where the pegs are, so it's not visible. Sideshow always do this, kinda like create a foot print in the base, that the foot can go into and cover any peg that's visible.
With such a pronounced arch in the feet, the base would have to be built up around them to such an extent in order to hide the pegs that it would be more distracting then the visible pegs currently are. In a perfect world I would have preferred not seeing the pegs but they aren't so distracting to me that I wouldn't buy the piece. Having said that, I do understand why some have an issue with them being so visible.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:40 AM   #2008
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I guess some people want to stare at it from one angle 24/7 and so the pegs will bug them? ....

So since the paint job is off the table to whine about, we're going after every last detail and peeve? Is that what we're doing now?

Bent forearm
gun metal sticks out too much now
feet aren't flat
pegs on feet
still not chrome plated

You know I imagine that if every single problem(all are debatable) was cured by Paul, and by that I mean 100% perfection complete with the greatest chrome plating in the history of the entire world, complaints would not die. They would convert to that last possible dig at this piece: "Yeah well it's just Terminator Genisys endo, it's not T2, I'll pass"

........... you know it be true.

I strongly suggest CC phone it in on this piece instead of reconsidering any changes, and just go for absolute perfection on T1/T2 license. I won't even entertain the notion that it will never come. It absolutely will. Those licenses are the village bicycle. Everyone's had their ride... In time, years perhaps. But CC WILL get to ride that bike, too.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:53 AM   #2009
bforce
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

What I don't get is - if you don't like it, then don't buy it and move on - simple. It's the same with PCS's Robocop - like Chronicle with the 1:4 Endo - both manufacturers are trying to get it as best as possible and probably operating at a loss on the item in doing so.

The same thing happened with the Prime 1 - Batman Arkham Knight - Oh, the head is too small, the pose is too stiff etc etc - so they cancelled their order. Now many they wish they didn't after bagging it and then seeing the reviews!

I'm not saying people are not entitled to their opinion, and yes, feedback is great when it is constructive criticism, so as to produce a better product (which is what Chronicle, PCS etc appear to have taken on board - thus the reason for changes, delays etc) - but when it just blah, blah, blah - you've stated you don't like it, you've stated the reasons why - great - now move on - and we don't need to hear/read it ten times over, from ten different angles and on several different forums.

I would like to add I have Chronicle's 1:4 Endo on order (and have several other Chronicle products which I'm extremely happy with), as well as the PCS Robocop. I recently received the Prime 1 - Batman Arkham Knight. So I just don't fanboy over Chronicle's stuff - I purchase items from many manufacturers and have done so for 20 years.
bforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:32 AM   #2010
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

darb is offline   Reply With Quote