Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-01-2017, 04:25 PM   #41
Marcel54
Hellboy

Good for you. I look forward to the repaint.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #42
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post
True, I was also satisfied with the DD on a horse paint. A agree on Atlantis, while I didn't buy one I did see some at ARH when they were shipping them. The translucent water effect was exceptionally executed. I completely agree on the paint complexity needed for Barbarian. The factory paint was too matte with minimal coloration and detail. When I put my factory painted Barbarian Solo next to the repainted Barbarian the difference is epic... so much so that I may get my two solos repainted as well. Ehren's Barbarian sculpt is phenomenal and this is my second favorite Frazetta work... Silver Warrior will never be made in 1/4 scale.
Seeing your repaint is what pushed me over to get mine repainted. I was kind of on the fence in that I had already had a high-end repaint on one of my CS Moore Barbarians and I already had $800 into the ARH version with factory paint so was just going to let it go but then I saw yours and thought man I just need to do this.

RE the Silver Warrior, I think 1/6 is best. Now before you jump on me keep in mind the one Tony Cipriano did for Reelart that never got produced was 1/8-1/9 (same scale as Snow Giants) and was still over 2' long. Maybe you could pull off 1/4 with just the sled and warrior but with bears that is too big. I really hope they do 1/6 but mainly hope the just do it period.

I know Marcel has a 1 of a kind Silver Warrior and sled only that Kostas did for him, but don't know the scale.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:09 PM   #43
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I'm not saying you can't complain about Arahom or ARH or that you don't have any beefs, just requesting you don't do so in my repaint thread please.

Here is one that has gone out of use for some reason

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=158986
Sorry Novak, I have a hair trigger these days when it comes to that guy. I'll do my best to keep it in check!!! I'm sure a lot of people are tired of hearing me grip, I'm just really pissed off at him for what he did to me.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #44
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Sorry Novak, I have a hair trigger these days when it comes to that guy. I'll do my best to keep it in check!!! I'm sure a lot of people are tired of hearing me grip, I'm just really pissed off at him for what he did to me.
No worries man, I didn't even mind the first mention but don't want it to become a topic of conversation here too
Old 04-01-2017, 07:48 PM   #45
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
5. Commissioned original oil painting - Ken Kelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
What is the subject matter if you don't mind sharing.
While we are waiting for my Barbarian to gradually be delivered to Hanna I got my rough sketch idea from Ken Kelly for the oil painting. I like it a lot

But it has a problem, I had wanted a Kane painting. As Kane fans know he is left handed. But I really like the concept art so was just going to go ahead as is and gave Ken a call. He said it is no problem to simply mirror image his sketch before he starts the painting.

But now I'm not sure which one I like. What do you guys think? Should I go with the first one and skip the Kane idea or the left handed version and if Kane version what costume changes do you guys think, if any?
Old 04-02-2017, 01:56 AM   #46
Rokdweller
Birdman

Quote:
Seeing your repaint is what pushed me over to get mine repainted. I was kind of on the fence in that I had already had a high-end repaint on one of my CS Moore Barbarians and I already had $800 into the ARH version with factory paint so was just going to let it go but then I saw yours and thought man I just need to do this.

RE the Silver Warrior, I think 1/6 is best. Now before you jump on me keep in mind the one Tony Cipriano did for Reelart that never got produced was 1/8-1/9 (same scale as Snow Giants) and was still over 2' long. Maybe you could pull off 1/4 with just the sled and warrior but with bears that is too big. I really hope they do 1/6 but mainly hope the just do it period.

I know Marcel has a 1 of a kind Silver Warrior and sled only that Kostas did for him, but don't know the scale.
Look forward to seeing pics of your Barbarian repaint! It is an amazing sculpt and demands a great paint-up to realize it's full potential. It ranks as one of the very best pieces in my collection.
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:30 AM   #47
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:

Mine is 1/6 scale.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:34 AM   #48
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
But it has a problem, I had wanted a Kane painting. As Kane fans know he is left handed. But I really like the concept art so was just going to go ahead as is and gave Ken a call. He said it is no problem to simply mirror image his sketch before he starts the painting.

But now I'm not sure which one I like. What do you guys think? Should I go with the first one and skip the Kane idea or the left handed version and if Kane version what costume changes do you guys think, if any?
I like the design really a lot but to me it is more a design of a knight than Kane. It is really up to you what you want. I would be happy with this design but for me it is not Kane.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:34 AM   #49
AndAlsoTheTrees
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
I like the design really a lot but to me it is more a design of a knight than Kane. It is really up to you what you want. I would be happy with this design but for me it is not Kane.

I like it very much but I don't see Kane.
Anyway, congratulations, it's a very promising start.

Last edited by AndAlsoTheTrees; 04-02-2017 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Auto correct corrected
AndAlsoTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #50
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndAlsoTheTrees View Post

I like it very much but I don't see Kane.
Anyway, congratulations, it's a very promising start.
That is exactly what I thought. It has more of an Ivanhoe than Kane vibe. Was talking to Shedman and Ken himself and both think I should get what I want and if changes are needed to do them.

So I can pretty much leave it or try to change him to Kane. Even as Kane I like the pose, I like the helmet, like the shield, and I like the cape. Just need to remove the blouse and add more Kane-esque armour and make him look really Kane like in the face.