Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-26-2024, 07:35 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Superman: Unchained

I finished reading the recent second reprint of the Deluxe Edition tonight and it was a DC Comics New 52 era mini series. It was an ok read... I try to gather everything in my head right now. There was the machine secret government millitary organisation which was hell bent on killing Superman and it was led by General Lane. (Lois's father) and organisation's American government loyal alien called Wraith who had super powers like superman, but stronger.

There was this Asention terrorist organisation which was trying to end the world or something. They built something called earthstone which was a stolen techology from the machine organisation which was created by an equation which was given to the American Government by an alien race. Earthstones were somewhat like crystal shards which was used in fortress of solitude. There was Lex Luthor on the other hand who was trying to save the world and kill Superman, he made a plan to hit two birds with one stone and sent Superman to a suicide mission in the end and there was Superman's childhood memory flash backs. All of these factors togeter was overly complicated... So many things were happening at the same time in the story and i didn't enjoy this very much. Scott Snyder's New 52 Superman was young and still learning to properly use his super powers and you could immidiatly tell with his observations and precises conclutions about the stuations that he was also super smart. Jim Lee's art was great. I really liked Dustin Nguyen's art in epiloge part of every issue as well. I give the book a 6/10 score.

As far as i know DC killed off the young New 52 Superman in the end of New 52 era, he was around for a short time because of the poor sales and DC brought back the previous pre Flashpoint Older version of Superman who is married to Lois Lane and we still read that Superman's adventures today in 2024 in Action Comics and Superman titles. New 52 Superman and Lois Lane didn't even have a romantic relationship, they were just friends and New 52 Superman was dating to Wonder Woman as far as i know.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote