Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-26-2018, 06:29 AM   #51
Max Carnage
Fantastic Four

A pose like Iron Studios did would have looked different of course but since Kotobukiya does mostly similar poses to each other (I mean you can easily put a statue from X-Men line to Avengers and it’d fit great. Four different completed lines so far and they all look forward, like about to strike and can all be combined as a whole crowded team) and Daredevil has billy batons in his hands I think any pose from a Daredevil statue from Koto would look he is about to do jump ropes if you want to see it that way.

Maybe I like Daredevil as a character a lot to not see it but I can’t wait my red one to arrive and pair him next to my all time #1 character Spider-Man to create my favorite team-up: Spidey and DD. Also the paint job, shading and sculpt on it looks so much amazing. I really liked the black one when this statue first unveiled but decided the go for the red one since it is the all time classic Daredevil that will be forever.
Max Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #52
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Carnage View Post
...Daredevil has billy batons in his hands I think any pose from a Daredevil statue from Koto would look he is about to do jump ropes if you want to see it that way.
I don't agree. It's the half-crouch and the weird way he's holding his billy clubs that makes me think that. I expect Daredevil to look like a ninja. It's possible both with and without the batons.

There are several poses which would look character-appropriate while fitting in with other Koto lines that you mentioned. (Good point, btw).

I already said that the sculpt and paint-job on this piece look phenomenal, even by Koto standards. I'm a Daredevil fan and I really want to add my first Daredevil statue to my collection. It's in my price range too. Imagine, then, how much I hate this pose for it to be a dealbreaker.

I just Googled "Daredevil by Alex Maleev" and found a variety of poses they could have used.

Similar crouch but different way of holding batons:

Similar way of holding batons, but no crouch:

Both of these poses look way better; while having the about-to-strike vibe you mentioned.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:47 AM   #53
Max Carnage
Fantastic Four

The point about paint or sculpt was my general comment, I didn’t want to mean you think the opposite. Maybe you already don’t but I just say this to not get me wrong about it. I respect every opinion of course but the first one you shared is somehow not much of a Kotobukiya’s style for me despite the second one you posted looks really cool. They could have used this of course and maybe the statue would look better despite I like it but I guess Koto has just discovered the idea of one foot perched on something to make a better about to strike pose thing with Black Panther.

Anyway I got your point, these two ones are just examples and I am joking about one foot thing but maybe I am being blind when its Daredevil (oops) and this character has really limited statues within a reasonable price range as you said. Also I just noticed for some reason they gone for half crouch legs for good amount of different characters, maybe it is easier for them to use similar leg for different statues under the name of striking poses.

Daredevil by Alex Maleev was one of the best things I’ve ever seen in the comicbook world by the way, Bendis and Maleev did a phenomenal job together for DD.
Max Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:39 AM   #54
Rasp Lame
Fantastic Four

Any chance we'll get a yellow shirt Luke Cage? I thought it was a given but now with Koto pumping out two marvel artfx+ lines with X-Men 92 and Avengers 2 I don't think it will happen.
Rasp Lame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:48 AM   #55
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Daredevil by Alex Maleev was one of the best things I’ve ever seen in the comicbook world by the way, Bendis and Maleev did a phenomenal job together for DD.
Agreed. Also, props to Ed Brubaker for picking up the third act from an insane cliffhanger and tying up the story so beautifully.

Quote:
maybe I am being blind when its Daredevil (oops) and this character has really limited statues within a reasonable price range as you said.
LOL.

And yeah. Daredevil doesn't have nearly enough statues on the market now. I'm hoping someone would do another cool "Daredevil-on-cross" statue soon.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #56
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasp Lame View Post
Any chance we'll get a yellow shirt Luke Cage? I thought it was a given but now with Koto pumping out two marvel artfx+ lines with X-Men 92 and Avengers 2 I don't think it will happen.
Maybe a variant at some comic-con or something, if at all.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:04 AM   #57
adee
Green Arrow

I may grab Iron fist but I'd prefer a tiara Cage.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #58
Dark Knight.
Birdman

I'm only picking up Iron Fist and Daredevil. I'd cave and buy Cage if they give a yellow shirt.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:02 AM   #59
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Got my Daredevil, didn't like the jump rope look so i carefully removed the black wire from one of the billy clubs, cut & reassembled. An older square black ARTFX+ base was included.

Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:20 AM   #60
Tushar
Hellboy

Nicely done. Looks MUCH better.