Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-20-2018, 01:17 PM   #211
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I thought we were talking about Mysterio. We got confused. The scorpion price is pretty good but I’m on the fence about this piece because I simply just can’t own them all even though I wish I could. I’m confident if I want, I can get it for less than that price eventually after a few months
Ah. I don't have Mysterio, but I've definitely considered picking him up at some point.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:22 PM   #212
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Ah. I don't have Mysterio, but I've definitely considered picking him up at some point.
There's one on eBay right now for $750 with free shipping. Its tempting, but I may still wait for it to go lower.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:22 PM   #213
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Yeah... I think several factors contribute to the falling prices:

1. Gray Market/Middlemen hoarding product to control demand. We use to see pics of this sort of thing months ago. Not sure if it's an issue now.

2. Gray Market/Middlemen getting stuck with overstock (i.e. Mysterio, Kraven, Medusa, etc) because of the above or because customers defaulted on their order. This is why you see various product bundles or rock bottom prices. Hell... I've seen US listings where collectors are pretty much losing their ass just to get rid of a piece.

3. Customers Defaulting on Pre-orders. I'm pretty sure this is a huge issue, probably more than XM is willing to admit. Collectors in debt, running out of space, getting out of the game, getting married, getting divorce, having a baby, supporting both a wife and several girlfriends, losing a job, saving to buy a custom piece, saving for a sex-change... the reasons are endless (valid or not), but it does happen. So it does lead to the seller trying to figure out how to pay XM and move the product quickly. Hence, the reason you'll see a Mysterio on eBay and/or B/S/T for roughly $600-$700 USD.

4. Competition with Customs (and some amazing ones at that). Since White Magneto has been announced how many other Mags are in development? The RCB version is now in collectors hands and you have several more making an appearance. Hell... XM's Omega Red was just announced and now I've seen pics of a custom piece being designed that will rival it. The Customs scene has definitely altered the game.
Very well said. I agree with everything except customs to a degree. I don’t think it effects competition too much just because let’s just say 3-5% actually are on these forums or use Facebook/social media for their statue needs, that’s not a lot of people. I don’t think most people are aware customs even exist or let alone know how to find them. Obviously it can effect a small percentage, which is us but for me personally I don’t buy customs. I’ve been tempted many times but for me it’s just not work the risk of a statue potentially have a nice sculpt but the paint is terrible, statue is hollow, etc. I feel more comfortable with a licensed product which I’m sure people feel that way too so the percentage goes even more down.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #214
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Quote:
There's one on eBay right now for $750 with free shipping. Its tempting, but I may still wait for it to go lower.
The guy on eBay who is selling it for $750 is a good seller. He also has a site. Trustworthy
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #215
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
The guy on eBay who is selling it for $750 is a good seller. He also has a site. Trustworthy
I have to wait. I'm already going to be getting XM Catwoman and Poison Ivy. Then Storm. Then probably white Magneto and eventually I'll want a Batman to go with Catwoman and Ivy. That's more than enough LOL.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #216
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
I’ve been tempted many times but for me it’s just not work the risk of a statue potentially have a nice sculpt but the paint is terrible, statue is hollow, etc. I feel more comfortable with a licensed product which I’m sure people feel that way too so the percentage goes even more down.
Yeah... I use to have the same perception and then I received my first custom and then several more. It's been a great experience so far. Some amazing groups out there and folks with a great eye for art direction.

In regards to the XM pricing woes, one of my guys is giving some thought to dropping them. Just tired of folks skipping out on orders and doesn't think it's really worth the cost given the little profit they generate.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #217
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Yeah... I use to have the same perception and then I received my first custom and then several more. It's been a great experience so far. Some amazing groups out there and folks with a great eye for art direction.

In regards to the XM pricing woes, one of my guys is giving some thought to dropping them. Just tired of folks skipping out on orders and doesn't think it's really worth the cost given the little profit they generate.
It's quite surprising for me to hear people skip out after paying $300-400 deposits. I can definitely not afford to just throw that kind of money away. I don't even like losing Sideshow's $50 deposits LOL.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #218
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
It's quite surprising for me to hear people skip out after paying $300-400 deposits. I can definitely not afford to just throw that kind of money away. I don't even like losing Sideshow's $50 deposits LOL.
They are probably thinking that a $300 loss is better than coming up with the additional $600+ balance and then the $250-$300 shipping on top of that. Then you have the chaotic XM release schedule where 3-4 pieces could be shipping within in a month.

It definitely adds up.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:55 PM   #219
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Is the Spec Fiction price of $879 not cheap enough?
I got burned. Paid full jam for Mysterio and I’ve seen him at $600 CAD!!! The XM spidey villains are amazing but they die hard in aftermarket. Vulture, Kraven, Mysterio...all well under retail. I’m still waiting on a great deal on Lizard. It will come.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:53 AM   #220
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Kris Bales at STGCC 2017

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote