Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #201
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I'm waiting. I paid big $$$ for Mysterio and now he sells for half of what I paid. I will get this piece in time. If anyone wants to bite the bullet and save me the time waiting I'll accept the low price today.
Is the Spec Fiction price of $879 not cheap enough?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #202
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Is the Spec Fiction price of $879 not cheap enough?
I see specfiction have him for $989. I’ve seen him go as low as $700 on eBay brand new from some trusted sellers. There is some good prices to be had. That’s why I’m only pre ordering the ones I think will go up in the after market and buying the ones I don’t think will, later. Prices come down heavily after a few months.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:09 PM   #203
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I see specfiction have him for $989. I’ve seen him go as low as $700 on eBay brand new from some trusted sellers. There is some good prices to be had. That’s why I’m only pre ordering the ones I think will go up in the after market and buying the ones I don’t think will, later. Prices come down heavily after a few months.
It's $879 if you pay up front.

Regardless, I'm interested to see how the new MTO will affect things.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #204
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
It's $879 if you pay up front.

Regardless, I'm interested to see how the new MTO will affect things.
That’s odd, I don’t see that option? Where do you see that? All I see is the price and free shipping when I go to Mysterio. I don’t actually want the statue currently but I’m curious where you see it. I see scorpion for $879? Are you referring to him by mistake?
Old 01-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #205
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
That’s odd, I don’t see that option? Where do you see that? All I see is the price and free shipping when I go to Mysterio. I don’t actually want the statue currently but I’m curious where you see it
https://www.specfictionshop.com/prod...nt=42494649040

They have three options. Option A is pay in full and it's at a discounted price of $879.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #206
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Hmm. I have no love for Scorpion as a character, but I think Caleb Nefzen sculpting this will bring enough hype for it retain value (even I was tempted and I'm not a large-scale Marvel collector.) If this two-week PO period indicates it'll be made-to-order, although capped at 999 unlike Catwoman recently, it'll depend how many retailers and middlemen stock up on whether there will too many produced for the market to sustain. I'm sure a lot of the lost value on previous Spidey villains, like Vulture and Sandman, has been due to the enormous space requirements. This one seems more forgiving in that respect.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #207
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
https://www.specfictionshop.com/prod...nt=42494649040

They have three options. Option A is pay in full and it's at a discounted price of $879.
I thought we were talking about Mysterio. We got confused. The scorpion price is pretty good but I’m on the fence about this piece because I simply just can’t own them all even though I wish I could. I’m confident if I want, I can get it for less than that price eventually after a few months
Old 01-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #208
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Hmm. I have no love for Scorpion as a character, but I think Caleb Nefzen sculpting this will bring enough hype for it retain value (even I was tempted and I'm not a large-scale Marvel collector.) If this two-week PO period indicates it'll be made-to-order, although capped at 999 unlike Catwoman recently, it'll depend how many retailers and middlemen stock up on whether there will too many produced for the market to sustain. I'm sure a lot of the lost value on previous Spidey villains, like Vulture and Sandman, has been due to the enormous space requirements. This one seems more forgiving in that respect.
I don’t think it’s going to have enough hype. I personally don’t want it because it’s not the comic version. I think the statue looks amazing is extremely well done but it’s not my genre of Thor I want. With that said, I think many people will feel the same way and there will plenty of these to be had at a reasonable price down the road in the aftermarket. It also depends on how many they make. They may know this and set the cap accordingly
Old 01-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #209
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I don’t think it’s going to have enough hype. I personally don’t want it because it’s not the comic version. I think the statue looks amazing is extremely well done but it’s not my genre of Thor I want. With that said, I think many people will feel the same way and there will plenty of these to be had at a reasonable price down the road in the aftermarket. It also depends on how many they make. They may know this and set the cap accordingly
Yeah, 999 is a lot when taking in the license restrictions, character popularity, etc. so maybe they'll move more toward a direction of producing less. Then again, selling out of a huge ES, even If it's mostly from retailer allocations rather than individual orders, does give them to money to tackle these lesser-appreciated characters in the first place, so I can't say this would be my ideal scenario honestly.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #210
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Yeah... I think several factors contribute to the falling prices:

1. Gray Market/Middlemen hoarding product to control demand. We use to see pics of this sort of thing months ago. Not sure if it's an issue now.

2. Gray Market/Middlemen getting stuck with overstock (i.e. Mysterio, Kraven, Medusa, etc) because of the above or because customers defaulted on their order. This is why you see various product bundles or rock bottom prices. Hell... I've seen US listings where collectors are pretty much losing their ass just to get rid of a piece.

3. Customers Defaulting on Pre-orders. I'm pretty sure this is a huge issue, probably more than XM is willing to admit. Collectors in debt, running out of space, getting out of the game, getting married, getting divorce, having a baby, supporting both a wife and several girlfriends, losing a job, saving to buy a custom piece, saving for a sex-change... the reasons are endless (valid or not), but it does happen. So it does lead to the seller trying to figure out how to pay XM and move the product quickly. Hence, the reason you'll see a Mysterio on eBay and/or B/S/T for roughly $600-$700 USD.

4. Competition with Customs (and some amazing ones at that). Since White Magneto has been announced how many other Mags are in development? The RCB version is now in collectors hands and you have several more making an appearance. Hell... XM's Omega Red was just announced and now I've seen pics of a custom piece being designed that will rival it. The Customs scene has definitely altered the game.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote