Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

View Poll Results: Which Wonder Woman 1:1 bust would you get
Queen Studios Wonder Woman 1:1 Bust 10 18.87%
Infinity Studios Wonder Woman 1:1 Bust 43 81.13%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2019, 01:28 PM   #21
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Very tough choice. Both faces are absolutely gorgeous. Infinity has a cooler pose, but I prefer the colors on the Queen.

My one gripe with the Infinity is her hair doesn't look dark enough (and too red too).
Yah that’s how I feel too. I really wish the base for infinity was like queens too. I do like that with queens you get the shield too. Wonder how many they will make? The more something cost, the harder to decide .

I do have the prime 1 JLA deluxe Wonder Woman 1:3 statue / bust coming. Kind of sucks the pose is like Queens.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:07 PM   #22
VS1976

Anyone ever received 1:1 bust from these 2 companies? How are they packed?
Old 06-09-2019, 02:18 PM   #23
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Sorry, can’t edit polls
Mods are able to do it.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:19 PM   #24
VS1976

[QUOTE=FROBAY;5764851]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post

Sorry, can’t edit polls
:/
Old 06-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #25
FROBAY
Phoenix

Poll fixed.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #26
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I like the Infinity Studios one, better pose in my opinion, not sure on the paint? Might just be the lighting can't tell.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #27
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
I like the Infinity Studios one, better pose in my opinion, not sure on the paint? Might just be the lighting can't tell.
Kinda confused, the Queen bust looks amazing from the sides but misses the mark from the front.

Infinity bust looks great from all angles.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:54 PM   #28
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I think both look great but like Infinity's better. Do the production pieces actually look that amazing?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:35 PM   #29
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Anyone ever received 1:1 bust from these 2 companies? How are they packed?
search youtube for a review on Queen's iron Spider-man bust. He said the packaging was very good as far as providing protection.

A big difference between the two WW here is that the Infinity represents her upper trunk fully, while the Queen is only concerned with the front of her upper trunk.
The Queen portrait profiles are excellent, but below the shoulders and arms, there is nothing to see in profile.

We haven't seen any profile views with the shield attached, but I can imagine it looking slightly awkward from that angle since there is no sculpted back.

With the Infinity bust, I feel like the asymmetrical composition gives it greater visual interest. Also, because she's fully represented front and back, there is a much wider range of display and viewing angles where this looks attractive and interesting.

The base on the Queen is much nicer, but it also harmonizes well in terms of both color and form, with the symmetrical pose above.
I don't find the rougher hewn base on the Infinity attractive in and of itself (unlike the Queen), but I feel like it also harmonizes well in terms of color choices and form with the particular sculpt above it.

In other words, despite liking the Queen base more, I don't think I would like it with the Infinity sculpt or vice versa.

I expect that anyone who goes with the Queen version will be enormously happy with it once it's in hand.

For the Infinity, I would like to see the hair color on the production pieces closer to black, and possibly see the hairline lowered (though I don't see it as a glaring issue here as some others do).
When Sideshow puts up the pre-orders for it closer to the end of the year, if the deposit required is still only 10% I will probably order it and then figure a way to finance the balance before it ships.

The big kink might be if we finally enter that long anticipated world wide recession.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:39 PM   #30
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
search youtube for a review on Queen's iron Spider-man bust. He said the packaging was very good as far as providing protection.

A big difference between the two WW here is that the Infinity represents her upper trunk fully, while the Queen is only concerned with the front of her upper trunk.
The Queen portrait profiles are excellent, but below the shoulders and arms, there is nothing to see in profile.

We haven't seen any profile views with the shield attached, but I can imagine it looking slightly awkward from that angle since there is no sculpted back.

With the Infinity bust, I feel like the asymmetrical composition gives it greater visual interest. Also, because she's fully represented front and back, there is a much wider range of display and viewing angles where this looks attractive and interesting.

The base on the Queen is much nicer, but it also harmonizes well in terms of both color and form, with the symmetrical pose above.
I don't find the rougher hewn base on the Infinity attractive in and of itself (unlike the Queen), but I feel like it also harmonizes well in terms of color choices and form with the particular sculpt above it.

In other words, despite liking the Queen base more, I don't think I would like it with the Infinity sculpt or vice versa.

I expect that anyone who goes with the Queen version will be enormously happy with it once it's in hand.

For the Infinity, I would like to see the hair color on the production pieces closer to black, and possibly see the hairline lowered (though I don't see it as a glaring issue here as some others do).
When Sideshow puts up the pre-orders for it closer to the end of the year, if the deposit required is still only 10% I will probably order it and then figure a way to finance the balance before it ships.

The big kink might be if we finally enter that long anticipated world wide recession.
You make a great point. Wish Infinity would change the base.....would they? You think ssc will be caring both these bust?