Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-06-2020, 09:32 AM   #41
desertdragon
Sinister Six

My Pennywise arrived here earlier this week, and overall she is brilliant... her portrait is absolutely gorgeous, and her eerie green eyes give just a hint that something may be slightly amiss... Her execution is nearly flawless, with the only glaring issue being the mechanics of how her hand holds the balloon - I gave up on trying to make her hold the balloon vertical - ugh... Koto could have definitely come up with a better way to accomplish this. But that gaffe does not diminish her wonderful and just slightly creepy charisma... IMO she is a must-have if you like the horror Bishoujo line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pennywise 1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	134655   Click image for larger version

Name:	pennywise 2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	363.9 KB
ID:	134656   Click image for larger version

Name:	pennywise 3.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	134657   Click image for larger version

Name:	pennywise 4.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	363.5 KB
ID:	134658   Click image for larger version

Name:	pennywise 5.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	367.6 KB
ID:	134659  

desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:48 AM   #42
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
My Pennywise arrived here earlier this week, and overall she is brilliant... her portrait is absolutely gorgeous, and her eerie green eyes give just a hint that something may be slightly amiss... Her execution is nearly flawless, with the only glaring issue being the mechanics of how her hand holds the balloon - I gave up on trying to make her hold the balloon vertical - ugh... Koto could have definitely come up with a better way to accomplish this. But that gaffe does not diminish her wonderful and just slightly creepy charisma... IMO she is a must-have if you like the horror Bishoujo line.
Gorgeous pictures! I can't wait to get her.

Question though, what do you mean by 'you gave up trying to make her hold the balloon vertical?' It's vertical in the pics you posted.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:08 PM   #43
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Gorgeous pictures! I can't wait to get her.

Question though, what do you mean by 'you gave up trying to make her hold the balloon vertical?' It's vertical in the pics you posted.
Thank you NorthernLadMSP! I did try to get the balloon as close to vertical as I could - hopefully you will have more luck with yours... The hole in her hand meant to hold the wire supporting the balloon has a very shallow wall meant to contain the wire, so it tends to wobble ( at least on mine). I'm really curious to see how yours works - maybe I just got a poorly cast hole on mine...
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:23 PM   #44
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Stunningly beautiful, cute and creepy all in one...and getting very hard to resist.
fantastic shots as always
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:39 PM   #45
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
Thank you NorthernLadMSP! I did try to get the balloon as close to vertical as I could - hopefully you will have more luck with yours... The hole in her hand meant to hold the wire supporting the balloon has a very shallow wall meant to contain the wire, so it tends to wobble ( at least on mine). I'm really curious to see how yours works - maybe I just got a poorly cast hole on mine...
Could you bend the wire a little to get the position you're after?

Nice photos as usual, dragon. Just curious though - what is happening with the odd areas of blur throughout some of the pictures?
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:38 PM   #46
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Well...couldn't resist it, ordered Pennywise and I've got Michael Myers hopefully coming later this week, they'll sit nicely with Pinhead.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:47 PM   #47
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Well...couldn't resist it, ordered Pennywise and I've got Michael Myers hopefully coming later this week, they'll sit nicely with Pinhead.
Congrats. I need to order her too. I literally just received Michael Myers and the OG Beetlejuice.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #48
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

It is an odd one for me as I really hate clowns, not scared of them...just hate them, go figure
I like that Beetlejuice, prefer it to the variant.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:17 PM   #49
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
It is an odd one for me as I really hate clowns, not scared of them...just hate them, go figure
I like that Beetlejuice, prefer it to the variant.
I loved the variant at first, and still love the book and the maroon suit, I've just started to really dislike the white legs. I prefer the dark hose on the OG.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:36 PM   #50
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I loved the variant at first, and still love the book and the maroon suit, I've just started to really dislike the white legs. I prefer the dark hose on the OG.
It's definitely the more beetlejuice looking of the two, you just have to go with what speaks to you.