Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 03:06 PM   #81
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I wonder if XM will get a shot at her and others in the Mandalorian series.
Bo-Katan!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2020, 03:15 PM   #82
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Meh, who cares what she says out of her role. I could care less what actors say or think 99% of the time. They all tell us what we should do or think at some point. That is why I quit watching award shows. Most of them grandstand and blab on about something. If a celebrity or athlete I like doesn't have the same views as me I just don't read any of their statements other than relating to their role. I'm not going to call for their career to end on social media. Getting fired for not thinking like someone else or how the majority thinks they should is just ridiculous. It is still a free country last time I looked. As Hank Williams sang "Mind your own business, cause if mind your business, then you won't be mindin' mine."

It's super easy to separate an actor from their role when you don't care or follow what they say out of role. LOL

Just my thoughts on it all.
100% agree with you. I collect movie statues because I liked the movie, the character or how the actor portrayed the character. Could care less about their personal opinion and if it aligns with mine.

Would be super interesting to see a company do a Trump statue and a Biden statue. Wonder which one sells out based on character....
Old 11-17-2020, 03:43 PM   #83
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Bo-Katan!!!!!!!
Yes! Add another character hopefully in coming weeks as well.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:49 PM   #84
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Bo-Katan!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yes! Add another character hopefully in coming weeks as well.
Heavy Infantry Mando for me.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:57 PM   #85
SONICobra
Batman

id be in for ahsoka and would consider bo-katan
Old 02-10-2021, 11:18 PM   #86
SDguy

So, will Gina Carano getting axed from the show affect the PF sales?
Old 02-10-2021, 11:32 PM   #87
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Depending how far along they are in the production process, I wouldn't be surprised if they just canceled the statue outright.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:38 PM   #88
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
So, will Gina Carano getting axed from the show affect the PF sales?
Cancel culture sucks. People complaining that don't even watch the show. Just looking for things to hate and be "righteous" about. More disturbing that the studios cave so easily. Disturbing and disappointing, not surprising. Surprising would be them forming a spine.

That said I don't know if it will affect sales that much. People who enjoyed the character and ordered enthusiastically will still keep their orders. They never announced an ES for this right?
Old 02-10-2021, 11:44 PM   #89
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
Cancel culture sucks. People complaining that don't even watch the show. Just looking for things to hate and be "righteous" about. More disturbing that the studios cave so easily. Disturbing and disappointing, not surprising. Surprising would be them forming a spine.

That said I don't know if it will affect sales that much. People who enjoyed the character and ordered enthusiastically will still keep their orders. They never announced an ES for this right?
The reception for this statue was tepid at best. Not sure this situation helps it at all. No I don't think ES was announced.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:51 PM   #90
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post

Get over the stupid political catchphrases.

She said an idiotic thing and has no one to blame but herself for being fired from the show. If she didn't have that voice in her brain telling her "Hey you know what things are pretty sensitive right now, maybe I shouldn't say this" then she 100% deserves what happened.

But at the end of the day a lot of people just can't help themselves. They crave drama, they crave attention, and they crave acting like somehow someway they're "above" things and can do/say whatever they want. No.....you can't. What do you define as "forming a spine" in situations like this? Just letting people say whatever they want/whenever they want and have the mentality of "Yep she represents us/is employed by us but you know she can say anything she wants and there's nothing we can do about it." Freedom of Speech has never, nor will ever exist in the way that some people choose to frame it. Nor should it. If you say idiotic things, then there should be consequences. Anyone who disagrees with that is just cherry picking the things they choose to define as idiotic.

As for the statue if they're not far along in the production process, surely it will be cancelled. Disney will probably tell them regardless to axe it.
Closed Thread