Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-21-2005, 11:16 PM   #21
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I finally picked one up last week for under $250! No way was I paying over $300 when I should have picked it up for half that in the beginning. But I learned a lesson!
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:24 PM   #22
DDura711
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah I got lucky on that auction, $151 and fast.
But there was NO way I would have paid the $300 to $400 I saw them going for
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:41 PM   #23
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake
I finally picked one up last week for under $250! No way was I paying over $300 when I should have picked it up for half that in the beginning. But I learned a lesson!
Batman came home today, # 1886/6000.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0001 b.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	9667   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0002 b.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	9668  
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:10 AM   #24
Gianco
X-Force

Question!? Is there a DC Direct Superman Jim Lee Limited Edition MINI STATUE? I know there's a Batman but I've never seen a Superman. Anybody? Thanks!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:26 AM   #25
Azog
Sailor Moon

No superman yet, but knowing DC it will be coming soon...
Azog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:46 AM   #26
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azog
No superman yet, but knowing DC it will be coming soon...
I am waitng for this one, cant see them making a batman without making the superman. I actually like these mini statues compared to the MArvel Bowen ones. These keep the detail around the face most importantly and are the closest to the full size pieces you can get. At least Dc can be proud of something for a change. Also the Bolland WOnderwoman is another one I will pick up!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:32 AM   #27
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
I am waitng for this one, cant see them making a batman without making the superman. I actually like these mini statues compared to the MArvel Bowen ones. These keep the detail around the face most importantly and are the closest to the full size pieces you can get. At least Dc can be proud of something for a change. Also the Bolland WOnderwoman is another one I will pick up!
I think there's a lot DC can be proud of. The Justice League maquette set, the Classic Animation maquettes, both Wonder Woman statues, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Jim Lee Batman & Superman statues, both Supergirl statues, latest Green Lantern statue (the one holding the lamp). I'm very pleased with every one of my DC pieces.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:39 AM   #28
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Off all the pieces you mentioned those were produced sometime ago, I have to say the ones you mention are keepers in my book, JLA I own, Green arrow I have the mini statue, and I do own both JIm lee pieces. Never was I pleased with the animation maquettes, The jla looked a 100 times better. OF all the recent pieces which has grabed you the most, the flash? The batman movie pieces they put out which were a waste of time and money on their part. IF you have such a great movie why not have the collectible market to back it up with quality pieces. I saw every piece produced and the only one that I would have considered was the batmobile if I had come into some money, and that would have been a stretch. I bash DC not becasue I dont like their universe but the lack of qulaity I see being produced..... IMO......
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:34 PM   #29
Mr. X
U talkin' to me?

I already have the Lee Batman one. I sure wish they would release a all black/grey version of Bats. That'd be awesome.

I was one of those who didn't get the Superman one right off the bat so I'm still stuck looking for an overpriced statue of him. Some minor nitpicks though.

Supes face looked like someone just sucked the fat out of it.

His cape is slightly too short. If they can make Bat's cape that long, why not Supe's?

What's up with the blue streaks in Supe's hair? I know the painter is trying to give a sense of blackness to it but it STILL comes off as looking like blue streaks.

Overall, I still love it and would buy it in a heartbeat if I can find one that isn't TOO overpriced. I'm not expecting to find it cheap since it's sold out.
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:25 AM   #30
Gianco
X-Force

What's the secondary market price for this piece these days? Is $250 a good price? I got my Superman for $163, why is Batman so expensive? I need one!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote