Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #3961
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Other than the gratuitous Sasha flashbacks, I think this was a fun and satisfying season finale.

Love how Rick comes full circle with his threat to kill Negan...and NOT backing down!

Eugene...what a traitorous scumbag! Shame that the dynamite didn't blow up his mullet!

AWESOME surprise attack by Sasha zombie. What a way to go down!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #3962
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Overall a 6/10

The showdown was pretty cool, but I wish Negan got injured at least a little. It feels like he's bullet proof now, even giving a F U sign out the truck window when bullets are hitting the truck, and not a single scratch. He should have at got injured, or at the very least, have the hilltop 'Negan' bite the bullet.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #3963
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

What a disappointing season finale. Now it's going to be fights with the saviors, garbage people, and ocean side with the o caisson all Zombies. Wow, what excitement.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:22 PM   #3964
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I hate when I have sooooo much time invested in a series that I can't stop watching it, even when it pulls crap like last night. So the enemy guys all have guns on our favorite team but then with a distraction our team just starts shooting and yet none of our guys get shot? Including Michonne?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:57 PM   #3965
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
So the enemy guys all have guns on our favorite team but then with a distraction our team just starts shooting and yet none of our guys get shot? Including Michonne?
Admit it...they had you guessing as to her fate?

Even without a gunshot, she got busted up pretty bad. VERY close call.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #3966
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Admit it...they had you guessing as to her fate?

Even without a gunshot, she got busted up pretty bad. VERY close call.
I wouldn't expect the show to be overly realistic and have all or at least 3/4 of our guys who the bad guys have the drop on to get killed but at least a couple or even one. I would hate to see Michonne go but it would have gone a long way to make me like the show again.

I knew what Sasha was doing right from the beginning.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:26 PM   #3967
Gruson
Suicide Squad

This season has been terrible except for the first episode which was super intense. It is starting to feel like LOST...a lot of wasted time.

The finale was ok at times but I miss the feel the show had back in the earlier seasons. It's just so boring now...
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:45 PM   #3968
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

This show is so D U M B. I'm just invested now in seeing whether the Chosen One actually becomes king of the world, or whatever the hell the point of all this zombie apocalypse survival-turned soap opera is.

Does the comic feature the same stupid audience pandering? A character, on his knees, totally powerless and vulnerable, promises to kill his assailant? Really? And the assailant only musters "wow, geez", and doesn't kill him (of course)? Such defiance - only uttered when you know you're unkillable...

I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but is Negan portrayed the same in the comic? He's kind of pathetic and lame to me. His reactions fall under either (1) raised voice with deliberate enunciation, or (2) taken aback with an incredulous "wow, geez".
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:10 PM   #3969
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
This show is so D U M B. I'm just invested now in seeing whether the Chosen One actually becomes king of the world, or whatever the hell the point of all this zombie apocalypse survival-turned soap opera is.

Does the comic feature the same stupid audience pandering? A character, on his knees, totally powerless and vulnerable, promises to kill his assailant? Really? And the assailant only musters "wow, geez", and doesn't kill him (of course)? Such defiance - only uttered when you know you're unkillable...

I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but is Negan portrayed the same in the comic? He's kind of pathetic and lame to me. His reactions fall under either (1) raised voice with deliberate enunciation, or (2) taken aback with an incredulous "wow, geez".
Books are significantly different.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #3970
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Books are significantly different.
I've read none, but have seen a few panels of Negan, as well as some other art, and McFarlane statue, I think. It all portrays a strong character (perhaps slightly psychotic?) that you don't want to f with. But I don't get the same vibe from JDM's Negan.

I have whatever collected works were included in the collector's edition of The Walking Dead for PS3, but I haven't opened it.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote