Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #491
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

You guys are killing me with these pics. I missed out on this, desperately wanting to find one and in comparison the SS piece seems very softly sculpted upon close inspection.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #492
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

thanks guys, everytime i walk by and see the intricate sculpt it brings a smile to my face. I am deciding if i should get an acrylic case over it like you did. It's already in my pax shelf but it's not 100% dust proof, however adding an acrylic case over it will kinda ruin my planned avp setup with 1/5 roswell alien & 1/5 ss classic pred on each side with the avp dio in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstojano View Post
You guys are killing me with these pics. I missed out on this, desperately wanting to find one and in comparison the SS piece seems very softly sculpted upon close inspection.
two different statue for two different crowds. Sideshow is going for size & wow look, details & paint quality is not as critical.

While roswell is an intricate reproduction of the actual alien only the true fans can appreciate the details. There will never be another statue like this made - sculpted & painted to such detail by sano himself made in japan. Only the japanese can accomplish such feat in a mass produced environment. There will be plenty more aliens coming from sideshow and others, but doubt any will come close to this.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:35 AM   #493
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yes and the last 3 SS Big Chaps have sold for 600 dollars. I've yet to see a Sano piece sell in the secondary market. If anyone knows where best to look for one besides here and eBay please let me know.
cheers.
chris
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #494
HICKS
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Thanks HICKS, I tried to get the dimensions of the Roswell case from their photos but wasn't able to. My case is 9.5"W by 9.5"D, and is 20" in height.
Thanks Mk for the infoI really have to get this doneThis ALIEN statue absolutely deserves a display case
HICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #495
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

No prob.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #496
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Yes and the last 3 SS Big Chaps have sold for 600 dollars. I've yet to see a Sano piece sell in the secondary market. If anyone knows where best to look for one besides here and eBay please let me know.
cheers.
chris
i think you will have more luck looking for one on ebay japan as it's mostly sold domestic in japan. Only the very hardcore alien fans bought them in the US, i mean who in their right mind will order on a foreign website and pay close to $100 shipping for a $1000 statue to be shipped here lol. So it's very rare you will find one of those fanatics sell this piece. I know i will never let mine go.

From my communication with roswell there really isnt many made as every piece is hand made by sano in japan, It will become even harder to find later on. Find a japanese friend who can search their local market for you
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #497
HICKS
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
No prob.

Quote:
cheers.
chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
i think you will have more luck looking for one on ebay japan as it's mostly sold domestic in japan. Only the very hardcore alien fans bought them in the US, i mean who in their right mind will order on a foreign website and pay close to $100 shipping for a $1000 statue to be shipped here lol. So it's very rare you will find one of those fanatics sell this piece. I know i will never let mine go.

From my communication with roswell there really isnt many made as every piece is hand made by sano in japan, It will become even harder to find later on. Find a japanese friend who can search their local market for you
That's correct but I've seen only one and it got sold for 153000yen (36bids) in auction without counting paypal fees (4%)(6940yen)whithout commission(10000yen),whithout shipping in Japan (3000yen)and shipping to your country(65000yen)...so it comes to a total of 179440yen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
179,440.00 JPY = 2,239.77 USD
Old 06-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #498
HICKS
The Spirit

totaly worth it !
Old 06-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #499
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Holy sht! Maybe I should list mine. lol
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #500
HICKS
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
Holy sht! Maybe I should list mine. lol

You can knock on my door any time you want...