Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-03-2017, 11:42 AM   #481
Legion564
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
I predict market value of xm mags plummets when ssc mags is revealed. sell now while it fetches good money
Have there been any expensive statues that went through this? Old Spider-Man PF still goes for a lot, same with hulk and doom. Don't think xm magneto will be going down anytime soon.
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #482
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
I predict market value of xm mags plummets when ssc mags is revealed. sell now while it fetches good money
It's way overrated anyway. I wouldn't buy a XM Mags for 1k let alone 2.5+
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:29 PM   #483
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
Have there been any expensive statues that went through this? Old Spider-Man PF still goes for a lot, same with hulk and doom. Don't think xm magneto will be going down anytime soon.
Hulk and maybe Doom I can understand, but the OG Spidey (including the Negative Zone variant) seem outdated. I just don't get the appeal.

Don't see XM Mags plummeting, but I do think it will be difficult to move assuming the SS Mags is a hit and has tons of switch-outs.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:57 PM   #484
Demona
Martian Manhunter

"a ton of switch-outs"....it's been several years since SS did that.

Here is my bet -- much like Thanos, the non-helmet Jim Lee portrait will be the EX. And the EX will be a fraction of the edition size of the regular.

If that's the case, let the bloodbath begin again.

And why do people always make comments like you have Company #1's Magneto so you should sell it because Company #2 has a Magneto. Why not just have both?! Crazy F'in concept to have different poses, artistic tendencies and such for the same character.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #485
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
"a ton of switch-outs"....it's been several years since SS did that.

Here is my bet -- much like Thanos, the non-helmet Jim Lee portrait will be the EX. And the EX will be a fraction of the edition size of the regular.

If that's the case, let the bloodbath begin again.

And why do people always make comments like you have Company #1's Magneto so you should sell it because Company #2 has a Magneto. Why not just have both?! Crazy F'in concept to have different poses, artistic tendencies and such for the same character.
... cause Company #1's Mags going for for a mint. Collector investments must be protected and hype must be maintained. The fate of the hobby depends on it.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:07 PM   #486
thepurist
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
It's way overrated anyway. I wouldn't buy a XM Mags for 1k let alone 2.5+
Word.
thepurist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #487
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Double Word.

For me it all comes down to pose. If Magneto is standing or floating...then more than likely it will automatically be more impressive than XM's by default. I DON"T TRULY CARE FOR SEATED OR MUSEUM POSES.

With Harbottle at the helm, I fully expect SS Magneto to be a masterpiece...definitely much better than the Magento Comiqutte that came out over a decade ago from SS.

But the new XM White Magento pose is why I automatically think it is far impressive than the first seated Classic one...even though the concept of a Sentinel hand as a throne was fantastic. As long as SS pose is dynamic or something somewhat dynamic...I may even buy it...if the total ES and price are reasonable.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #488
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Guess I'm just an oddball who likes to have more than one version of my favorite character(s) in her collection. If I collected male statues, I'd own both Magnetos and all the Bowens that came before these two.

Lord knows I never tire of buying Storm pieces. Just waiting for somebody to do a comic correct coloring of her Jim Lee costume......Sideshow....you listening.....SILVER JIM LEE STORM PLEASE

Though I guess these debates are only about characters that are NOT the Hulk. Nobody seems to scream -- "sell that old one" when MORE Hulk crap comes up for sale. Those Gamma Bros know how to build a collection.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #489
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

SS Vs Xm aside, I'd definitely have more than one Mags in my collection. I have to for my favorite Marvel villain, but I just can't do it with a wired cape, man. Depending on how it's installed, maybe Dynamic Dan can make a really good authentic custom cape for it. He did a really good job with the Supes cape.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:05 PM   #490
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Again guys from other threads and companies come here to bash Sideshow or state that XM's Magneto is the perfect one and Sideshow cant beat it. I have bought XM "statues" before and i have seen ALL of XM's "statues" in flesh cause i have a close friend who was a Bowen collector and now collects XM. Only ONE "statue" from XM could stay in my collection. Black Bolt. NOTHING else, especially their females...Tooooooo toyish for my tastes, toooooooooooo Bowen-like. Magneto on Throne is a good statue but NO WAY a grail. You are just dreaming. Thanos on Throne is going to murder it when we finally get him. BIGGER, more detailed, balanced between realism and comics, beautiful paint "depth" and details, perfect pose, perfect size.

As for this Magneto PFF, i have faith in Sideshow. There were some disappointments (Darkseid, Deathstroke PFFs or the new Hulk LSB), but this is going to be a killer piece. Day 1, second 1, millisecond 1 po for me without even seeing a picture.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote