Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-25-2020, 11:39 AM   #301
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
They just posted in-hand pics from a Chinese collector in the FB group. I'm really hoping for better pics because the ones posted show Batman with no blood. He appears to have no blood around the mouth and the cuts in the suit all look unpainted. Also, the mud looks dry compared to the prototype. I'm really hoping it is the pics and not the actual piece.
I believe its just the picture. There is blood an its painted but that picture isn't really showing the fine details. Alot of things just don't translate with a phone pic uploaded to facebook.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:14 PM   #302
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angronsrage1 View Post
Damn I just saw the pics and yeah Batman looks nowhere near how he does in the prototype pics

I’m more worried if they cut corners on bane

I’m hoping he looks near perfect
I realize that Bane is the focus of the piece, but when I originally showed the pics to friends, they were drawn to how Batman was beaten down. I don't want a Batman with cuts that have no blood. I checked the posted pics as well as the vids online and they all show the cuts with blood and also blood being absorbed into the costume like the original Dark Knight Returns.

I really hope it is the pics, but I doubt it. They had posted pics of them being made in the factory a while back, and I noticed that the mud looked flat as did Batman. However, it was hard to tell from one pic and I figured they were still in the middle of production.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #303
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I believe its just the picture. There is blood an its painted but that picture isn't really showing the fine details. Alot of things just don't translate with a phone pic uploaded to facebook.
I really do hope you're right. I really want this statue but if it is missing the blood, I'm cancelling. It's way too expensive not to have the detail shown in the original prototype.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:39 PM   #304
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
I really do hope you're right. I really want this statue but if it is missing the blood, I'm cancelling. It's way too expensive not to have the detail shown in the original prototype.
I was thinking the same

It’s a crazy expensive piece and bane by himself would have been expensive but adding basically another statue on the base made it the price it is right now

So if I’m paying that much wich I feel I’m paying extra for Batman

Batman needs to be on point and that will really piss me off if he looks that bland from that pic on Facebook I hope in hand it’s out of this world
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:42 PM   #305
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
I was thinking the same

It’s a crazy expensive piece and bane by himself would have been expensive but adding basically another statue on the base made it the price it is right now

So if I’m paying that much wich I feel I’m paying extra for Batman

Batman needs to be on point and that will really piss me off if he looks that bland from that pic on Facebook I hope in hand it’s out of this world
I totally agree with you.

I didn't realize that Tang Brothers put up a second set of pics in the FB group under a separate listing. It shows Batman pretty clearly and it is how I feared - flat, and no blood on the cuts. There is a tiny bit near his mouth but not like the prototype. Also, it looks like they never covered the mud or Batman in the clear coat that the original had to make him and the mud look wet.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:47 PM   #306
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
I totally agree with you.

I didn't realize that Tang Brothers put up a second set of pics in the FB group under a separate listing. It shows Batman pretty clearly and it is how I feared - flat, and no blood on the cuts. There is a tiny bit near his mouth but not like the prototype. Also, it looks like they never covered the mud or Batman in the clear coat that the original had to make him and the mud look wet.
Damn that’s ridiculous

What is the point of Batman if they weren’t gonna do a good job

They should have had bane by himself

Would have saved them time and money and us a couple 100 dollars most likely

How did bane look if they showed him in the extra pics?
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:53 PM   #307
dao2
Cyclops

The mud does actually look glossy to me, you can see it shine on the edges.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:50 PM   #308
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Damn that’s ridiculous

What is the point of Batman if they weren’t gonna do a good job

They should have had bane by himself

Would have saved them time and money and us a couple 100 dollars most likely

How did bane look if they showed him in the extra pics?
Same Bane pics so I really don't know for now.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:02 PM   #309
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The mud does actually look glossy to me, you can see it shine on the edges.
It is, but not at the level of the prototype and Batman definitely doesn't have that wet coating to him. Prime 1 said a long time ago that they use the factories to produce the prototype which is why their finished product is very close to the original shown. Right now, those pics make it look like the factory skipped some steps during production.

I REALLY want this to be a pic issue as we all know that flash and phone cams can make a great statue look bad. However, right now it isn't looking good. I've been waiting for this piece ever since it was announced. However, if that flatness to the coloring and the lack of blood are real, there is no way I'm shelling out $2k for that. At this price level, the piece needs to be 99% of what was shown.

Last edited by Cmac; 09-25-2020 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Added image
Old 09-25-2020, 05:11 PM   #310
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
It is, but not at the level of the prototype and Batman definitely doesn't have that wet coating to him. Prime 1 said a long time ago that they use the factories to produce the prototype which is why their finished product is very close to the original shown. Right now, those pics make it look like the factory skipped some steps during production.

I REALLY want this to be a pic issue as we all know that flash and phone cams can make a great statue look bad. However, right now it isn't looking good. I've been waiting for this piece ever since it was announced. However, if that flatness to the coloring and the lack of blood are real, there is no way I'm shelling out $2k for that. At this price level, the piece needs to be 99% of what was shown.

It is hard to tell from their pictures as they are rather washed out. I would wait for more pictures before decrying it ;p The lack of blood is a real fear I think as that's something you can see washed out or not. But the washed out pictures (which those are) look flat, so you shouldn't judge it off of that.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote