Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 10-04-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Batman by Willian Paquet/Scott McDaniel coming?

I own the Nightwing medium size statue designed by Willian Paquet and Scott McDaniel that was released a few years ago. I love Nightwing and this statue came out pretty darn good. I notice that William Paquet is using the same base design he used on that statue for his Silver Age Batman and Robin statue coming in January.

Does it make sense that McDaniel and Paquet design a Batman statue (with the same base) that serves as a companion piece for Nightwing? McDaniel did pencil Nightwing for a while and it would be great to have this third statue to match up with the first two. The evolution of the dynamic duo so to speak.

Am I alone on this? I know we got Batman statues coming out of our ears with the Black and White series but I need closure on this...
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:21 AM   #2
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Got any pics of the Nightwing?
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:41 AM   #3
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Am a Batman collevtor/fan but don't care about the sidekicks, although I had my doubts about that nightwing statue, it's a very cool action pose but passed because otherwise had to buy the other sidekicks like Batgirl,Robin...
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:39 AM   #4
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Here is an auction with some pics of the Nightwing statue:

Nightwing Statue

In regards to getting other sidekicks, I am one of those that believes that Batman is at his purest form with just Robin. All the other vigilantees helping out, with the exception of the original Batgirl, do not carry the same legacy in my eyes. It will always just be "The Dynamic Duo". A lot of us grew up on just that. Robin was and always will be **** Grayson. He has the classic origin, all that history and was practically raised by Batman. I would not mind if we just got Batman and Nightwing.

Like I said, if it wasn't for Paquet using that same base I would not be expecting a Batman companion statue. I think it would be a cool thing to have a "before and after" type of thing with both characters leaping solo in the same rooftop.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote