Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-20-2021, 03:34 PM   #211
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The price could be so much worse. Here's a 1/6 scale PVC Batman for $1,200.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/171283
Jeez that's expensive and yet... It still temps me because I want a dynamic comic based Batman and I don't like any of the ones in market

I think I have a serious problem.... Sigh.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:37 PM   #212
SONICobra
Batman

That second portrait is amazeballs, i wish sideshows pf had a second portrait like that instead of the ex we got. Dont get me wrong i think its cool but will never display it, THIS though i would have a difficult time deciding which to go with
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:57 PM   #213
MPCanes
The X-Men

Really like this...but really don't need another line. What else has been released in the DC Batman "2.0" line? Just this and Joker (which I ordered, lol)? Ivy is "technically" Super Powers, right?
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:09 PM   #214
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The price could be so much worse. Here's a 1/6 scale PVC Batman for $1,200.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/171283
They're asking 1200 for that? These production costs are out of control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Really like this...but really don't need another line. What else has been released in the DC Batman "2.0" line? Just this and Joker (which I ordered, lol)? Ivy is "technically" Super Powers, right?
I think she's part of the 2.0 line...Darkseid was the last of the SP line if I remember right.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:22 PM   #215
BurningRage
Inhumans

Hate the price but I must have it.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #216
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
No. Ivy is 2.0 She was almost the start of it. Joker is out, as is Scarecrow. Harley has been shown in shadow (she's sitting on a stack of boxes with her giant mallet). I am sure that a bunch of other Batman rogues are lined up because TH doesn't slack on that. I would think you'd see heavy hitters like Bane, Penguin, Two Face, Catwoman (she has been mentioned actually), and Freeze in this line fairly quickly. Ra's, Clayface, Riddler, and Croc would also be easy for completist like TH caters to.

Needless to say - if you are all in on a Batman 2.0 roster, I think you're safe to start buying them now and budgeting for those coming down the line.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:48 PM   #217
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
They're asking 1200 for that? These production costs are out of control!
It's crazy now.... look at 1:10.... 1:10!!!!

I wonder which company will break the 1:10 ceiling just to claim the cheap price tag?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	213639466_508000513613636_4871617176305872525_n.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	141306  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:52 PM   #218
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Well there is a lot of detail on that killer croc statue however a 110 scale with that price that’s a little bit much

Well if this is where the prices of these are going obviously you will have a few people that will just buy what they want either because they have the money or they have a lot of credit. Even before seeing these higher prices I was already going to be cutting back I just characters I really wanted not just to complete a line or complete a group.

And at these prices it probably is a good thing that people are able to make payments over a period of time. I just think it would be good if instead of paying it off in six months possibly if it could be paid off over eight or nine months depending on the price
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 06:08 PM   #219
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

From TH perspective they now have a good partnership with Sideshow that allows them to meet consumer expectations better and their CS has improved from a low point where I thought it just might sink the company. You're also now waiting what 9 to 12 months from PO until the statue is in your hands. Instead of the old crazy wait time. Then the pandemic happened. To put it simple. Everything went up. So on top of the probable price increase you would have received as a matter of better doing business then you tac on that the state of the world and there you have it.
To me 2.0 and MOTU is the hottest thing in the hobby right now. I personally don't just look at size. These new 2.0 statues have blown their larger counterparts out of the water and you don't need a castle to display them. Also they are doing things with the increase to provide some value. For example both portraits will be shipped with the EX and collector edition. That's big! Pay in full on the TH site and you save $25. Look I'm not saying paying more should make you happy but as collectors I think we are sometimes blind to the world around us.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 06:14 PM   #220
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
No. Ivy is 2.0 She was almost the start of it. Joker is out, as is Scarecrow. Harley has been shown in shadow (she's sitting on a stack of boxes with her giant mallet). I am sure that a bunch of other Batman rogues are lined up because TH doesn't slack on that. I would think you'd see heavy hitters like Bane, Penguin, Two Face, Catwoman (she has been mentioned actually), and Freeze in this line fairly quickly. Ra's, Clayface, Riddler, and Croc would also be easy for completist like TH caters to.

Needless to say - if you are all in on a Batman 2.0 roster, I think you're safe to start buying them now and budgeting for those coming down the line.
Well shoot - now I need to track down an Ivy exclusive when it drops. Maybe they’ll have some extras/reserve stock laying around
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote