Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-31-2021, 12:02 PM   #101
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm sorry, but with all do respect, I have to say there is NO WAY that even a 1/5 statue would be $1500usd statue. The line would be done! 5 to 6 years ago this statue in 1/4 was $765 for combo. That was for the ENORMOUS 1/4 He-man and Battle cat from PCS.

Granted prices went up over the last 5 to 6 years, especially since COVID. But even if that statue were offered today it would be 1100usd to 1200usd approx. For a 1/6th combo, to suggest anything over $1000 to $1500usd, no one would by it and I BOUGHT EVERYTHING MOTU statue wise since 2002 Neca and Stactions started and if this statue were more than a grand for its size, no matter how dedicated I am a fan, there is no way in hell I would pay $1500usd for a statue that small, 1/6 or 1/5th. No offence, but I think Tweeterhead knows if they put out a piece that expensive, they would know that even die hard MOTU fans would not invest in a line that started out so expensive and will continue to go up in price. Their 1/5 statues were $475 and then the stupid COVID and inflation has added another $100 for a Variant to that same statue within a short time, and it will go up again. This 1/5 th line will die fast if it goes up any more than $575, as that is stretching it BIG TIME for a statue that size.

I know we have to compare apples to apples, but the 1/4 scale figures by PCS were going for around $330 which was a no brainer and that line FAILED. I was so disheartened to see such a big and awesome line at that price point fail , but it did. Prices 5 years later are almost doubled and for a line that has no movie or cartoon that these are based off RIGHT NOW, is a big risk, even SIDESHOW dumped it and Tweeterhead kind of continued the line with Orko.

If you are right, at anything higher than $1000 for this 1/6th line, its dead upon arrival, and I buy everything MOTU! Surely IGO sees these posts and they must be VERY carful, as the line so far hasn't even sold out regular editions via sideshow, that is not a good sign, and that being said, Tweeterhead is not big like Sideshow, so the shipping for their exact same statue but is EX statue is so high in shipping, that some of the Ex's were not worth the shipping price , but through Sideshow they were way cheaper to ship because of their size and negotiating power with shippers.

I hope I'm wrong, but that is too much money when you consider that on top of that the tax, and then the ridiculous shipping prices have gone up to. So that little combo statue would end up costing over $2000 USD.

I'm Canadian so that would put a $1500usd statue once converted to CDN and import taxes and shipping(which is almost always double even tho I'm 20 mins past border) almost $2800cdn all said and done. NO WAY anyone would pay that, not even if it were 1/4 scale. 1/2 scale are going around $2200usd, OR if you must have a SILICONE head, $3000usd approx.

I LOVED that Battle Cat and He-man combo so much I bought one for ME, one for my son and one for my cousin who paid me for it, but even to a soso fan, it was and easy piece. NOTHING will top it for its size and price at the time. My god, Battle cat is 30 inches long alone, its HUGE. One of my old best friends worked on that line and everything else PCS and he told me way ahead of time it was not looking good. He even sculpted from start to finish the He-man and Skeletor life size busts. I have the actual artist proof he did, which is amazing compared to the production pieces, so I did my best to support the line for MOTU fans and for him and his Job.

Man I miss that line and the Filmation line. We wanted a PANTHOR AND SKELETOR so bad and a MERMAN, at least Tweeterhead has announced Merman, Trapjaw and Beastman, and they are not stupid, the next combo has to be Panthor and Skeletor, that is one that everyone has wanted.

Here is some pictures I have not shared with anyone because its my sons AMAZING ROOM, but he is so spoiled, he thinks everyone has a room like this, but they don't, and that is my mistake, but I also had no more room in any other place in my house. You can see everything from 2002 on. I am supporting the Tweeterhead line, but everyone right now is having a hard time financially, well most of us at least. If anyone is looking for a HORDAK EX from the Filmation series I have the one up on Ebay brand new in box and one life size He-man with sword EX brand new in box. The only statue I have left. Sorry not trying to derail, but seeing as I covered every line, thought I would mention it for people who missed out.

SO I guess my point is, I don't want Tweeterhead or any member thinking I'm just saying I'm a diehard fan and so is my son, from buying everything to actual commissions, and then saying I would not support the line. I WILL support the line, even tho I have no more room and I have bought the Hordak, Hordak variant, the life size Skeletor bust and Teela, and will definitely be getting merman and the others, but it will STOP at the classic 1/6th line if it is priced more than $900usd. I will be very sad, but money is hard to come by these days for the majority. I'm actually quite surprised that more people have not stopped collecting due to the current situation. I had to with my larger life size collection, for now.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 12:34 PM   #102
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
You can't say that as of now because pieces like the new Joker and Scarecrow haven't been released. If those pieces come out at even 90% of the prototype, they will most definitely be in the same league (if not better) than any of the 1/6 scale pieces XM has done.
The XM pieces I?m talking about have yet to arrive inhand. Its an apples to apples comparison.

I?m not an XM fan but it?s easy for me to see the value with their 1/6 line. It was difficult for me to see the value with Tweeterhead new premium priced 1/6 offerings.

We have to remember, Tweeterhead with the Super Powers line was what many called the new Bowen Designs. But with the new asking prices they are more inline with XM. And if you look at XMs 1/6 pieces on Statue Depot, they mostly look nicer, better finished with more intricate details compared to the Tweeterhead offerings for around the same price.

There is no chance this piece will be under $899
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 12:54 PM   #103
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
The XM pieces I?m talking about have yet to arrive inhand. Its an apples to apples comparison.

I?m not an XM fan but it?s easy for me to see the value with their 1/6 line. It was difficult for me to see the value with Tweeterhead new premium priced 1/6 offerings.

We have to remember, Tweeterhead with the Super Powers line was what many called the new Bowen Designs. But with the new asking prices they are more inline with XM. And if you look at XMs 1/6 pieces on Statue Depot, they mostly look nicer, better finished with more intricate details compared to the Tweeterhead offerings for around the same price.

There is no chance this piece will be under $899
I'm not sure what XM pieces you're referring to, but Tweeterhead's Joker on throne and Scarecrow blow away anything I've seen from XM in their 1/6 scale line. If you don't agree, that's fine. But, this is my opinion.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 01:11 PM   #104
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm not sure what XM pieces you're referring to, but Tweeterhead's Joker on throne and Scarecrow blow away anything I've seen from XM in their 1/6 scale line. If you don't agree, that's fine. But, this is my opinion.
I have XM Aquaman, arguably one of their best in the line, it's incredible. I'd have bought a few more but I have a hard time spending $800+ on a 1/6 piece.

The only XM 1/6 on PO I'm even remotely interested in is Sinestro, though I'll admit hawkman is a great sculpt. I do like their Kyle Rayner in 1/4 and I'd consider buying it if they came out in 1/6; sadly they are too busy working on their metal line to put those up for PO but I digress.

My point is, especially given the price, the new tweeterhead pieces are every bit as good and as you said, if scarecrow (have on order) or the joker (hoping for waitlist to convert) look like their prototype, these will be just as good as XMs offerings and for a cheaper price point. Sure there's value in the XM 1/6 line, that doesn't mean there can't be even better value here. That poison ivy is a gem and was half what a XM piece costs.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 01:23 PM   #105
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I have XM Aquaman, arguably one of their best in the line, it's incredible. I'd have bought a few more but I have a hard time spending $800+ on a 1/6 piece.

The only XM 1/6 on PO I'm even remotely interested in is Sinestro, though I'll admit hawkman is a great sculpt. I do like their Kyle Rayner in 1/4 and I'd consider buying it if they came out in 1/6; sadly they are too busy working on their metal line to put those up for PO but I digress.

My point is, especially given the price, the new tweeterhead pieces are every bit as good and as you said, if scarecrow (have on order) or the joker (hoping for waitlist to convert) look like their prototype, these will be just as good as XMs offerings and for a cheaper price point. Sure there's value in the XM 1/6 line, that doesn't mean there can't be even better value here. That poison ivy is a gem and was half what a XM piece costs.
Yeah, they have some nice pieces. That Aquaman is great as is the Rebirth Batman and the Rebirth Harley Quinn (minus the portrait, which I think is ugly AF).

I cannot wait to see Tweeterhead do a Catwoman in this new 2.0 line, plus we've yet to see their new Batman. I also hope they tackle other characters like Penguin and Two-Face.

Anywho, I won't derail this MOTU thread with anymore DC talk. I really hope they do a She-Ra on Swiftwind as a companion piece to this.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 01:40 PM   #106
MPCanes
The X-Men

While I think this piece looks awesome, I'd really rather TH focus efforts on another line/license and have Legends and LSB be their He-Man focus. With costs, production capacity, artist time and space all at a premium, I don't know if we need a second line, nor will it be possible to support 2 concurrent lines (IE, one will peter out first).
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 02:29 PM   #107
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
While I think this piece looks awesome, I'd really rather TH focus efforts on another line/license and have Legends and LSB be their He-Man focus. With costs, production capacity, artist time and space all at a premium, I don't know if we need a second line, nor will it be possible to support 2 concurrent lines (IE, one will peter out first).
I have a feeling this new 'line' will only consist of He-man on Battle Cat and a Skeletor on Panthor to create one huge VS diorama, I hope I'm wrong as I'd love a classic looking 1:6 scale Buzz-off, Clawful, Mer-Man etc.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:40 PM   #108
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I have a feeling this new 'line' will only consist of He-man on Battle Cat and a Skeletor on Panthor to create one huge VS diorama, I hope I'm wrong as I'd love a classic looking 1:6 scale Buzz-off, Clawful, Mer-Man etc.
I'm down with this.

Haven't really commented on this piece yet because I'm still waiting to see a painted prototype and the asking price. That being said, I love what TH has done here. This is everything I could possibly want in a HE-MAN statue and will be a day one pre-order if it's under $900.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:45 PM   #109
Thor57
Teen Titans

Even if no Skeletor comes, this will go great with the Mezco Conan, and thats good enough for me. My two child hood heroes. And their pose compliments each other too.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:12 AM   #110
Dandoc
Birdman

Can’t wait to pre-order this. As I say, I think it’s the perfect scale as will still be huge. I have the PCS set and to be honest, I’ve always liked it but think it’s too big!
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote