Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 08-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #31
stone eagle
Justice League

Posted 22 hrs. ago on their Facebook page:
And by the way, there is no Photoshop manipulation in these pictures. The statues look exactly the same in person.

The human skin version was painted with a special paint application process that makes it look more realistic. And this is why it is more expensive.

Here are some bare pictures, taken at the factory with a cellphone! No Photoshop, no background, no special lighting. Just the statue!!
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #32
stone eagle
Justice League

Facebook factory photo of mermaid......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arh mermaid.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	125019  
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #33
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Man that does look amazing
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #34
qz33
Rescue

What are the spindles radiating out on the shoulder?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:08 PM   #35
Mutant-Man
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Man that does look amazing
Everyone likes what they like, I suppose, but is there really a market for this kind of statue? I can think of other statues with more "sex appeal," and to boot this particular piece isn't of a well known character or person. I could be wrong, but it just seems to me that of all the statues out in the marketplace, it's hard to believe that people will buy this one to add to their collection, or will start a collection because of this statue, or build a collection around this statue.

Bring back the Olympians and keep their designs simple and traditional (not a fan of Hades), and I'll probably bite.
Mutant-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #36
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant-Man View Post
Everyone likes what they like, I suppose, but is there really a market for this kind of statue? I can think of other statues with more "sex appeal," and to boot this particular piece isn't of a well known character or person. I could be wrong, but it just seems to me that of all the statues out in the marketplace, it's hard to believe that people will buy this one to add to their collection, or will start a collection because of this statue, or build a collection around this statue.

Bring back the Olympians and keep their designs simple and traditional (not a fan of Hades), and I'll probably bite.
There was a market for sideshows court of the dead, why not these. Looks pretty cool to me.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:14 PM   #37
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

We don't all collect superheroes.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:27 PM   #38
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone eagle View Post
More photos and info on the ARH Facebook page and on the ARH Forum page this was posted:

"She is finally ready!

This is a 1/4th scale statue, and for those who own the first TWIN MERMAIDS statue we released, be aware that this one is considerably bigger than the first one. They are technically both 1:4th scale, but this is bigger (and badder!)

Now, Pre-Orders will be up soon, but we probably will not pre-order her through ARH Studios. We might have this piece available ONLY through retailers and not through ARH STUDIOS WEBSITE.

This I still have to confirm, but chances are that this will be the case.

The statue was sculpted by Arahom Radjah (After Ehren Bienert) and was painted by our factory in China based on the previous version painted by Arahom Radjah)

Let me know what you think in the comments below."
"Badder" is right

I am shocked people like them. They look like the cheap resin mermaid statues you get at knicknack shops.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:58 PM   #39
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
"Badder" is right

I am shocked people like them. They look like the cheap resin mermaid statues you get at knicknack shops.
Now I'm gonna question all your opinions.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #40
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant-Man View Post

I would have said potentially not but that first twin mermaid statue sold out fast and is thought of highly.
So apparently yes.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote