Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #591
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

there was a nice video with Debbie showing the statues on Facebook-not the same as a Q & A but still nice to see.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #592
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Regarding Chad's comment about having a Superman and a Clark Kent on the shelf together. That's how I feel about Robin and Nightwing. Gotta have Dick as Robin, but if Robin were to come with an exclusive Jason Todd head, I might be up for Nightwing as well.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #593
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
Regarding Chad's comment about having a Superman and a Clark Kent on the shelf together. That's how I feel about Robin and Nightwing. Gotta have Dick as Robin, but if Robin were to come with an exclusive Jason Todd head, I might be up for Nightwing as well.
I love the fact we are getting both! I am going to display robin with batman and nightwing with Teen titans! I kind of selfishly want both the classic Nightwing and Chuck Dixon Nightwing too.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:46 PM   #594
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
If he’s going to make Lois and Jimmy then we’d need a Clark!
haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #595
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'd love a Clark that's running and pulling his shirt open with the S symbol showing.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:41 PM   #596
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
If he’s going to make Lois and Jimmy then we’d need a Clark!
And that's funny to me, that he'd use that as an example, because I'd buy a Clark, Bruce Wayne, and Diana Prince if they're going to do Lois, Steve, Alfred etc. I'd put them in a different display.

Anyway, just curious if they thought to make a Jason Todd exclusive head sculpt. That's all. Ha.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:44 PM   #597
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Batman Head - Looking at the video from today and looking more closely at the posted pics, it looks like his head/cowl is a separate piece for his neck and cape? You can see a clear line at base of head when viewing from behind. Is the head a separate piece, if not will this separation be filled in for final production run?
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:23 AM   #598
statue-man
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Brutah View Post
Batman Head - Looking at the video from today and looking more closely at the posted pics, it looks like his head/cowl is a separate piece for his neck and cape? You can see a clear line at base of head when viewing from behind. Is the head a separate piece, if not will this separation be filled in for final production run?
Good eye, was looking at that also, I have the Yamato Batman and the cape and head are one piece. The cape and head on the Yamato Batman the head appears to be cold cast resin, wrapped in vinyl, and the cape is vinyl along with the magnetic hands. I don't believe Chad, mention if the cape were cold cast or vinyl. I really do not think it matters as long as the piece looks good. The Bowen Superman full size, the (Holy Grail) to some collectors, has a stretched soft plastic cape. If the Batman's cape is vinyl or some space age plastic material, it would mean less breakage, when shipping the statue. As long as the statue looks good, and the material does not age or fade over time. I can deal with it.
statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:48 AM   #599
mmk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
Good eye, was looking at that also, I have the Yamato Batman and the cape and head are one piece. The cape and head on the Yamato Batman the head appears to be cold cast resin, wrapped in vinyl, and the cape is vinyl along with the magnetic hands. I don't believe Chad, mention if the cape were cold cast or vinyl. I really do not think it matters as long as the piece looks good. The Bowen Superman full size, the (Holy Grail) to some collectors, has a stretched soft plastic cape. If the Batman's cape is vinyl or some space age plastic material, it would mean less breakage, when shipping the statue. As long as the statue looks good, and the material does not age or fade over time. I can deal with it.
that probably would be a good idea to have the cape made out of that material. I remember reading the the Bowen Warlock statue's had an issue with the cape arriving broken. And this cape for Batman is much larger than the Warlock statue's cape was.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:07 AM   #600
mmk123

just watched the video on Facebook with Chad and Debbie and it was good and answered some question. I did like that Chad said that next year there would probably be 12 Super Powers statues up for pre order (he did say that had 16 potential ones I believe). I thought that was good and a nice pace.