Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-24-2021, 11:49 PM   #1
Luiscorfre
Doh!

Dejah Thoris statues so far ..

In recent years, from the Martian series it has been Dejah Thoris the one that has taken all the attention .... there are currently 4 different statues of her, versus one of Tars Tarkas and NONE! of John Carter! ... of the 4 statues, two are by Dynamite, one inspired by Campbell's work and another by Frank Cho, other by Quarantine Studio and another by Sideshow "Premium Format", does anyone know the scales of these statues? I think Sideshow's is 1/4, Quarantine says that their version is 1/5.... but of the others, no idea. Has anyone here had the opportunity to see these statues and know their scale?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dejah-thoris_sideshow-originals_silo.png
Views:	20
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	140745   Click image for larger version

Name:	dejah-thoris-princess-of-mars_dynamite_silo_sm.png
Views:	20
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	140746   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l640.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	140747   Click image for larger version

Name:	TNWODDejahA.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	140748  
Luiscorfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:58 PM   #2
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiscorfre View Post
In recent years, from the Martian series it has been Dejah Thoris the one that has taken all the attention .... there are currently 4 different statues of her, versus one of Tars Tarkas and NONE! of John Carter! ... of the 4 statues, two are by Dynamite, one inspired by Campbell's work and another by Frank Cho, other by Quarantine Studio and another by Sideshow "Premium Format", does anyone know the scales of these statues? I think Sideshow's is 1/4, Quarantine says that their version is 1/5.... but of the others, no idea. Has anyone here had the opportunity to see these statues and know their scale?
If you run a string from her heel, along her body, to the top of her head, the JSC inspired one is about ~23 cm. I have no idea how tall Dejah is supposed to be IRL, but you can try the math for yourself.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210604_195549-2.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	321.6 KB
ID:	140749  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:16 AM   #3
Luiscorfre
Doh!

In the books she is described as a delicate, young woman with oval face and black hair, coppery skin ... not so much a warrior woman as shown in the comics, so I assume she was a regular height of 1.60-1,70, 23 centimeters would give a scale of 1/7, and I think that the first version of Dynamite has the same height ... it would be then that Dejah has 1/4, 1/5 and 1/7 statues only ..

PS: what a great exhibition you have there! the Premium Format looks absolutely fantastic!
Old 06-25-2021, 12:29 AM   #4
SDguy

Quote:
In the books she is described as a delicate, young woman with oval face and black hair, coppery skin ... not so much a warrior woman as shown in the comics, so I assume she was a regular height of 1.60-1,70, 23 centimeters would give a scale of 1/7, and I think that the first version of Dynamite has the same height ... it would be then that Dejah has 1/4, 1/5 and 1/7 statues only ..

PS: what a great exhibition you have there! the Premium Format looks absolutely fantastic!
I previously owned the JSC Vampirella from them, and if I remember correctly, she was REALLY small... like 1/8 or 1/9, so I'm not sure if their JSC Dejah is supposed to be the same scale or not.

Thanks! I'll take more pics once the Quarantine Studios piece arrives.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:35 AM   #5
Luiscorfre
Doh!

I am building a John Carter double display, in 1/4 and 1/6 scale, hoping to add the premium format to the 1/4 set, the 1/6 set will be almost entirely made up of custom models, some guys in Belgium made a 60 cm Tars Tarkas for me, true to the books ... in addition to Triad statue, which is more in the style of comics, now I'm working on a 1/6 Dejah and thinking about how to achieve a JC at that scale. .. hopefully it turns out well.
Old 06-25-2021, 03:31 AM   #6
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
I am building a John Carter double display, in 1/4 and 1/6 scale, hoping to add the premium format to the 1/4 set, the 1/6 set will be almost entirely made up of custom models, some guys in Belgium made a 60 cm Tars Tarkas for me, true to the books ... in addition to Triad statue, which is more in the style of comics, now I'm working on a 1/6 Dejah and thinking about how to achieve a JC at that scale. .. hopefully it turns out well.
those look good to me. Hope you can achieve it easily
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:13 AM   #7
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I have the first Dynamite Frank Cho inspired Dejah statue. And while I love her, I really only have room for one of that character, but I love seeing all the other statues!

I’m guessing she is more in the 1/8 scale. Here she is next to the TH Starfire which is on the larger end of 1/6 scale.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:22 PM   #8
SDguy

I was probably a little generous with the 23 cm TBH... so I'd lean closer to 1/8 for JSC Dejah too.