Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-04-2017, 01:21 AM   #461
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
Shipping on deathstroke was $80.58 according to my sideshow order...............and its 1/3 scale (lots of accesories, huge base.....(since i know ppl will say venom is big)...venom is definetly not as big as deathstroke.

I also certanly didn't Pay 19% duties on deathstroke(thats $176!!!)

Just looked up my batman noel order....(899.99....same as venom)(and again....BIGGER)

My deposit plus total cost on my VISA was 1309.12

Dont think shipping will be as much as noel or deathstroke....and i certanly dont think taxes and duties will be $400

I repeat a bigger statue that costs the EXACT same came to a total of 1309....and i believe i paid $90 in duties
I don't know what to tell you...I got charged $100 to ship Deathstroke.

And the new 6.5% fee started after January 1st. I've had to pay it already.

Regardless, we pay a ton extra which is my point.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:39 AM   #462
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Well the one really unfair thing is when they offee free US shipping.....and offer nothing to international customers. They should give a discount on the shipping to international customers based on how much it woukd be to ship it to the closest state(since if you lived there it would be free)

But i guess sideshow has not thought about that.

Anyways...:have XM venom locked up, but considering this one also....so far prime 1 has killed it with everything, snd also have great customer service.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:32 AM   #463
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
Well the one really unfair thing is when they offee free US shipping.....and offer nothing to international customers. They should give a discount on the shipping to international customers based on how much it woukd be to ship it to the closest state(since if you lived there it would be free)

But i guess sideshow has not thought about that.

Anyways...:have XM venom locked up, but considering this one also....so far prime 1 has killed it with everything, snd also have great customer service.
Sideshow does do 25$ promo codes for international buyers. Problem is that doesn't even come close to a dent in what we have to pay. ALSO, Sideshow won't allow you to combine promo codes and/or reward points, so it's only slightly better than the $20 codes they regularly hand out.

I do agree though that Sideshow has to do more for international customers. I've been saying for years their shipping costs are ridiculously high and their shrewd business tactics are not consumer friendly at all. But that's really what happens when there is no competition in the market.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:40 AM   #464
COI

Sideshow does subsidize international shipments though. I know for a fact that the rates we pay for most of their products don't reflect the "real" rate. They used to have a Canadian warehouse and when they closed it up they subsidized shipping as a compromise.

I got tons of PFs for a flat rate of $25, then $40 for years. I got some huge pieces from them in that price range. So it could be that they don't match the free shipping because we're already getting a discount by default.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #465
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Sideshow does do 25$ promo codes for international buyers. Problem is that doesn't even come close to a dent in what we have to pay. ALSO, Sideshow won't allow you to combine promo codes and/or reward points, so it's only slightly better than the $20 codes they regularly hand out.
The $25 discount code international customers get is about the same discount people in the us got as recently as last year.. Last year shipping for my average pf used to be around $25 , but my fist one this year was already $31. So even people two states away now pay more for shipping than some international buyers used to pay few years ago. I don't think that's Sideshow's fault though.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #466
ComicJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Sideshow does subsidize international shipments though. I know for a fact that the rates we pay for most of their products don't reflect the "real" rate. They used to have a Canadian warehouse and when they closed it up they subsidized shipping as a compromise.

I got tons of PFs for a flat rate of $25, then $40 for years. I got some huge pieces from them in that price range. So it could be that they don't match the free shipping because we're already getting a discount by default.
Man, I had no idea Sideshow had a Canadian Warehouse... Do you know why they closed it??
Old 03-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #467
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Man, I had no idea Sideshow had a Canadian Warehouse... Do you know why they closed it??
It wasn't a warehouse. They used to have a "relationship" with a Canadian retailer (Edmonton or Calgary if I recall correctly) who was essentially their distributor. The relationship soured and that was that.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #468
ComicJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
It wasn't a warehouse. They used to have a "relationship" with a Canadian retailer (Edmonton or Calgary if I recall correctly) who was essentially their distributor. The relationship soured and that was that.
That sucks. If they had a Canadian warehouse, they could save us a lot of money. Well, it really wouldn't save me money, it would just mean I'd buy more statues lol.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #469
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I can't imagine paying $900 for this when Prime one released a much more detail & complex of 1:3 Deathstroke which is only $30 more.

Very soon, its the end of the era in statue collecting....
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #470
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post

when did they ever had a Canadian warehouse? I've been collecting almost day one and all the statues was shipped from California. Sideshow subsidize the cost at a significant rate back then.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote