Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #411
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
All good advice. Thanks. I remembered where everything went, it was pressing the two styrofoam halves back together that made me nervous. Just wanted to make sure they weren't more "brittle" than others brands.

Is the earthquake putty stronger than poster putty?
I've never used poster putty, but the earthquake putty once it's on there you can't lift the statue up, you have to twist it off the shelf... The stuff really works...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #412
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Would love to see her next to a Koto Superman or Bowen or even DC Direct
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #413
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Anyone else not all that comfortable with the way she settles into that peg? It seems like it's stable... barely.

Mine was not "perfect", unfortunately. It's close, but I have what looks to be a very small nick/chip that is easily visible by her left shoulder. Unfortunately, I'm drawn to it.

From afar, it's just a dot. Up close... well, it's still a dot, I guess. I'd prefer it not be there - and, no, I'm not a fixer-upper when it comes to these things. <sigh> I'm not lucking out with this line so far.

BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #414
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yeah, that's pretty noticeable. That sucks, sorry. If they could tell you the exact color they used you could probably just touch that up easily enough, but I'm clueless on that stuff.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #415
Gothamite
Phoenix

That's easily fixable, unlike the Bombshells Cheetah that arrived today. -_-

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #416
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
That's easily fixable, unlike the Bombshells Cheetah that arrived today. -_-
I doubt I'll try for a fix, but, you do have me beat on that Cheetah. You didn't even circle everything wrong with that one!
Old 07-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #417
pdenham
Teen Titans

That first pic of yours, Brandon, represents another good angle for this.

I got no prob whatsoever with the face in that pic. Eyes may be the best yet too.

That flaw is so easily addressed it's a non issue IMO.
Hard to tell from pics on a computer screen, but the blue looks like most companies straight cobalt to me. I know com art makes an acrylic paint that looks like that shade. All you would need is a drop of paint on the head of toothpick to apply it. Even if it were not precisely the exact color, it would blend in from a distance and not stick out like the higher contrast white would.

Easy fix if you want to be pro active.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #418
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
That flaw is so easily addressed it's a non issue IMO.
Hard to tell from pics on a computer screen, but the blue looks like most companies straight cobalt to me. I know com art makes an acrylic paint that looks like that shade. All you would need is a drop of paint on the head of toothpick to apply it. Even if it were not precisely the exact color, it would blend in from a distance and not stick out like the higher contrast white would.

Easy fix if you want to be pro active.
I'm just so nervous about making it worse. If I was sure I could match it, though, maybe... I'd almost prefer it as-is rather than notice a different shade of blue and know I did it.

I thought it was a nick/chip before, but when looking at it closer it looks like it's raised polystone that didn't get hit with paint. There are a few more little spots like it, but they are even more minor and would be impossible to notice without magnification (and I'm really not someone who thinks an issue that has to be zoomed in to see is really an issue). That seam on the left arm could be a little tighter at the top, but it's not a deal killer.

<sigh> Other than that, this does look pretty impressive.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:31 PM   #419
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Anyone else not all that comfortable with the way she settles into that peg? It seems like it's stable... barely.

Mine was not "perfect", unfortunately. It's close, but I have what looks to be a very small nick/chip that is easily visible by her left shoulder. Unfortunately, I'm drawn to it.

From afar, it's just a dot. Up close... well, it's still a dot, I guess. I'd prefer it not be there - and, no, I'm not a fixer-upper when it comes to these things. <sigh> I'm not lucking out with this line so far.

I think with statues like Supergirl some are going to lean, especially if they are only support by one post into the base. I do not think there should be a lean but unfortunately this is not the first time that a statue like that has that issue. I wonder if it is because the peg does not go deep enough into the base.

As for the factory blemish on your statue, I would suggest getting in touch with Tweeterhead directly. Tell them the issue with the statue. It is possible that they might exchange it for you. I do know what you mean that you will focus on the blemish when the rest of the statue looks great. If you are able to get the paint used or know the color, it could possible be very easily fixed. I do wonder if the statue are coated with anything once the painting is complete.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:42 PM   #420
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I'm just so nervous about making it worse. If I was sure I could match it, though, maybe... I'd almost prefer it as-is rather than notice a different shade of blue and know I did it.

I thought it was a nick/chip before, but when looking at it closer it looks like it's raised polystone that didn't get hit with paint. There are a few more little spots like it, but they are even more minor and would be impossible to notice without magnification (and I'm really not someone who thinks an issue that has to be zoomed in to see is really an issue). That seam on the left arm could be a little tighter at the top, but it's not a deal killer.

<sigh> Other than that, this does look pretty impressive.
I don't want to seem like I'm downplaying your concerns, but in the grand scheme of statue collecting, that white dot isn't much of an issue. If it's slightly raised, you can gently scrape it with your nails or a knife and apply a teeny dab of paint.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote