Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #171
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

It's therefore not reasonable to compare if the runs are much smaller and the price twice that of SS. Comparing both is quite ridiculous.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #172
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

All 3 Sideshow for me,,
I like SS Cap but havent ordered cos I prefer the Modern costume ,
i got SS Black Widow and liked it so much was almost tempted to get a second one, with double rewards offer
Hulk too i have the SS on pre-order,
Most of the XMs offerings arent doing it for me,
Magneto is one magnificent statue but apart from that I dont get the hype for the rest, they all look a 1/4 Bowenish to me, which i collect as well, but the prices they go for 800$ approx plus shipping and tax, not worth it for me ,even with all the colourful packing, QC , and extras, too much for 1/4 bowenish statues
my second fav from XM currently looks Ms Marvel
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #173
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
It's therefore not reasonable to compare if the runs are much smaller and the price twice that of SS. Comparing both is quite ridiculous.
I actually had a big novel written until I reread what you said and realized I may have lost what you were trying to say with this post.

That's a good thing as I would have probably just been ranting haphazardly....lol.

Bottom line is...I enjoy XM MARVEL products far more than what SS is giving me (there are an ocean of reasons to state...but I will refrain from doing so). I still like some things SS is doing on Marvel stuff (Red Hulk PF Ex., Dr. Doom), but by and large, XM's style just fits with my tastes so much more. Simple as that.

Mostly, they are tackling characters in their infancy that it took SS years to get to or have yet to do. And they aren't taking a lazy man's approach and doing variants.

These XM guys are doing a Black Bolt and (gasp) a Dr. Strange and SS hasn't even looked in those characters directions. Why? I don't want to hear the they won't sell poor excuse (cause they sure as hell weren't paying any heed to that with Venomsaurus, Bullseye and Viper comiquettes...or Skaar who at the time wasn't a popular character).

SS and their Marvel line minus the Red Hulk and Dr. Doom don't excite me any more. Call me when they do a Gladiator, Juggernaut, Loki or anyone of the 5000 Marvel characters they have yet to get to. Once they do....then you will see me singing SS Marvel praises again. And tell SS not to half-ass like they did with the Rogue and Jean Gray PFs. And while they are at it...make sure they don't have googly eyes like the latest BW portrait and Rogue. Oh....tell them to package their products better so we don't get a Spiderwoman or Apocalypse PFs.

If anyone mentions SS's Court of the Dead or their DC line...you will shut me up instantly. But please...that Marvel line of stuff has got to go. 3 Punishers before 1 DD (and a lackluster one at that). 10 Hulks before one properly done Bullseye PF?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #174
Thor57
Teen Titans

I like a comic feel more than realism. So mine is a preference thing more than anything. I dislike both Thors done by Sideshow. I think the classic is to bulky and the new one is just godawful. I don't care for large portions of mixed media either.

XM just fits my preference a little better.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #175
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Every company will suffer with lack of diversity until they are well established. And they require Marvels approval. Just look at XM already having obstacle put in their way on the X-men line.

In all honesty who has the space for 1/4 line with the number of characters released by Bowen? You would need a warehouse. And not everyone is interested in owning every Marvel character ever made. Many collectors are actually character fans so are happy to have 20 Iron mans or 10 Hulks.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:42 PM   #176
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Every company will suffer with lack of diversity until they are well established. And they require Marvels approval. Just look at XM already having obstacle put in their way on the X-men line.

In all honesty who has the space for 1/4 line with the number of characters released by Bowen? You would need a warehouse. And not everyone is interested in owning every Marvel character ever made. Many collectors are actually character fans so are happy to have 20 Iron mans or 10 Hulks.
So far, the XM Wolverine is the only one I'm thinking of getting. I was planning on the Thor but now I need to see what they are going to do with it first. None of the others really did anything for me at $800.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #177
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Is wolverine also $800?
Old 09-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #178
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Is wolverine also $800?
Figuring shipping I figure that's about what it will cost.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #179
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The only one that really interests me is Phoneix but that will depend on paint and how the portrait looks painted. So far not a fan of the anime look on their female line. Hoping the sculpt isn't so anime. Love the base idea.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #180
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
The only one that really interests me is Phoneix but that will depend on paint and how the portrait looks painted. So far not a fan of the anime look on their female line. Hoping the sculpt isn't so anime. Love the base idea.
Black Widow has a Stanley Lau girl look to it. Not that that's bad.