Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-25-2019, 08:22 AM   #3381
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Everyone has their limits for a variety of items.

From their housing situation, transportation methods, and even the food we eat.

One of the craziest complaints that I see on non collector sites is that “you could buy a car for that amount of money”. I know a lot of people buy second hand cars and all (some extremely dirt cheap ones too), but for whatever reason I personally would never do that. It’s all a personal choice.
Owning vehicles is on its way to becoming extinct. So is manually driving them. So I don’t see why anyone would use that analogy.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:30 AM   #3382
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
This sh!t has gotten ridiculous.
Amen brother. I'm barely buying anything anymore.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:50 AM   #3383
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
As far as your decisions go, I cannot deny that you have great taste. The only important thing in life is that we are happy. Do what makes you happy. That’s my plan at least.
As far as curbing one’s appetite on statuary, it depends on what you’re into. It’s super easy if you’re into one thing. Personally, I’m into way too many different genres, properties, etc. It’s not easy for a nerd like me that loves everything from fantasy to sci-fi to whatever. I love it all. I want it all. I gotta pull the leash super tight and sometimes that ain’t so easy. Wah!, I know. Anyways, these price points and shipping charges are seemingly doing me a favor in making my decisions. I’m almost thankful. Almost.

Yeah, room and prices are sure to put a stop to my gathering of these large statues. I’ll be done soon with them. Maybe the only thing I’ll be doing is trading pieces off if I get bored with something and something new comes along. So I’m right there with ya.

I am also into other lines. No matter what I do to try to stick with one, I usually only grab a couple key pieces from that line to compliment each other and then dive into other ones. I can’t stick to just one. Variety.

But I do try to grab the really nice stand out pieces and this Zodd is sure to be one of them. Guess I’ll end up with 3 from this line. Lol.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:50 AM   #3384
BrandedSaiyan27
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Okay. Just read all of this without any condescension implied.

P1 Berserk has only been out for a little over a year. Not long enough for the "new" to wear off. Yeah I know life long fan blah blah, never sell, blah blah.
So has said every person that has ever sold a statue.

"It's all subjective anyways, Only matters what it's worth to you"
No it isn't. Letting your emotions, good or bad get the best of your finances is always a bad move. You really think the joy this will bring you is worth 3-4K ? Deep down only you can judge yourself.

You never have as much money as you think you have or wish you had. 50 Million ballers aren't on forums hand wringing shipping charges or purchase decisions.

This is very cool looking and big for sure yet still a regular and compromised statue. It's 1/5, not 1/4 like the rest of the line. Wings as intended were "too costly".

"Can't see anything better being made, ever, especially this character, gotta complete my idea of a collection" That's the TRAP.
You're buying a statue not the character, not the entirety of your imagination.
Of course no statues are worth their prices not even P1, but what it takes to get this disparity is on a whole other level.

Don't let your affections be used to make someone richer at the expense of making you poorer.

If a chick has to "think about it" does she really want you? If you have to think about it do you really want it for the price it costs you?

Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts qz33! When deciding whether or not to make a purchase this big I really appreciate someone being a voice of reason. I think what you're saying makes sense. If I ever wanted to get rid of this thing it's going to be very difficult to sell most likely. So I need to go into it expecting that this thing will most likely be with me forever.

I do find a lot of joy admiring my statues, and eventually when my display room is finished, being able to sit down and watch movies/shows surrounded by my favorite pop culture characters.

I really do like what you said here:
"Don't let your affections be used to make someone richer at the expense of making you poorer."

That really resonated with me. Although Prime 1 is already getting filthy rich

Ultimately, this is a luxury hobby. Nobody living paycheck to paycheck should be purchasing $1000 + statues. I can thankfully say this statue is something I can afford. I usually don't ask myself "what else could I buy with this money" because honestly, I don't know what else I'd rather want at least at this time in my life.

Anyway, thanks again for your well thought out explanation. It's appreciated despite the fact there are a few statements I disagree with. These are the types of discussions that interest me on these forums.

Glad you didn't sense any condescension, there was none intended in my post. Just looking for open, well thought out conversations without attacking the others with opposing views.
BrandedSaiyan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:02 PM   #3385
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Owning vehicles is on its way to becoming extinct. So is manually driving them. So I don’t see why anyone would use that analogy.
I found this somewhat funny.

Car ownership is still extremely high, and imo it’s not going to dissipate for decades. Countries such as the USA and Australia have between 700-800 vehicles per 1000 residents with the vast bulk being owned personally.

Imo comic based statue collecting etc will die off well before vehicle ownership.

And self driving probably won’t be used by a significant portion of the population for at least a decade, probably two. It’s moving at a relatively snail pace, and there’s so many things to work out until its used widespread, rather than a county here and there.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:19 PM   #3386
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Even when self driving cars becomes a real thing (5-10 years) people will still want to buy and drive cars because driving feels good and having a car especially a nice one is a status symbol that attracts females. So whats going to happen is that most new cars at that time will be self driving and manual driving.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:35 PM   #3387
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
By who??
Oniri, I like theirs better though it's not quite as big

Sold out though I believe?

https://oniri-creations.com/en/produ...pic-diorama-2/
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:32 AM   #3388
BrandedSaiyan27

Does anyone know if Griffith is Delayed?
Old 05-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #3389
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandedSaiyan27 View Post
Does anyone know if Griffith is Delayed?
He was delayed months ago
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #3390
BrandedSaiyan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
He was delayed months ago
I see, looks like P1 is showing Aug-Oct now. Anyone know who's slated to be released after him? I've got bloody variant Guts coming this month, then Griffith. I have not ordered any of the God Hand and don't plan to at this time (Maybe Slan though).

Anyone here get Isidro? I passed on him because of the price and I don't think he's a must have character. Same with Beast of Cascas dream. I most likely won't be getting Schierke either. IMO they should have combined Isidro and Schierke into one statue to make it worth it.

On a different note who all are you hoping they end up making? I would love if they follow through with making Grunbeld. Although the price may steer me away. If I could request one more to be done it would be Irvine in his apostle form.