Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #21
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Guys / gals, I'm going to Singapore in a weeks time and heading to the studio. Not sure what the XM policy is on allowing fans to take pics but, assuming I am allowed to, is there is anything that anyone specifically would like me to try and get some shots of then I'll do my best.

I'll be taking my DSLR with me (+ menagerie of lenses) so should hopefully get at least a few nice shots.

I hope I get to see some of these in person...phoenix and mags!!
That"s awesome Bobfrog. I am really looking forward to whatever pics you can get. I'd be interested in seeing some more pics of Ant-man and Hawkeye if you can swing it. Enjoy your trip my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I'd like you to try and sneak a Magneto statue out for me.

Of course you'll have to check their policy first.
It's nice to see flashes of the old Nidgit every now and again. Moddom has dampened your witty humor a bit my friend but I realize you have the keys to the asylum now and have to keep the residents in line.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #22
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
That"s awesome Bobfrog. I am really looking forward to whatever pics you can get. I'd be interested in seeing some more pics of Ant-man and Hawkeye if you can swing it. Enjoy your trip my friend.

It's nice to see flashes of the old Nidgit every now and again. Moddom has dampened your witty humor a bit my friend but I realize you have the keys to the asylum now and have to keep the residents in line.
Done and done...tbh I'll take as many pics of all of them as I can...as an example of how many shots I generally take, my wife often walks off when I find something interesting to shoot and waits in the car, lol. Oh and I went on a 9 week travelling trip and came back with a few hundred gigs of photos...oops.

Don't worry though I'll only upload the decent ones. Hopefully the lighting does them justice.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #23
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post

Thanks mate. It's still good fun . . . the pay is crap though
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #24
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey nidgit,
on a random note and whilst you're here I just messaged Galactus about adamantium membership. presumably he/she was the right person to ask seeing as they posted the original message in the membership part of the forum?
cheers mate
Old 11-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #25
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post

Thanks mate. It's still good fun . . . the pay is crap though

Quote:
Done and done...tbh I'll take as many pics of all of them as I can...as an example of how many shots I generally take, my wife often walks off when I find something interesting to shoot and waits in the car, lol. Oh and I went on a 9 week travelling trip and came back with a few hundred gigs of photos...oops.

Don't worry though I'll only upload the decent ones. Hopefully the lighting does them justice.
many thanks, Bobfrog
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #26
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Hey nidgit,
on a random note and whilst you're here I just messaged Galactus about adamantium membership. presumably he/she was the right person to ask seeing as they posted the original message in the membership part of the forum?
cheers mate
Galactus is no longer active on the forum. Feel free to PM any of the other mods (including myself) with questions and we'll help you out.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #27
Bobfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Galactus is no longer active on the forum. Feel free to PM any of the other mods (including myself) with questions and we'll help you out.
Cool, thanks mate. I did wonder if that was the case. Look out for a PM coming your way soon then, cheers
Old 11-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #28
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
If you mean excluding Asia completely, even for a single piece, I'd just think that it's not fair. I'm in Europe and sure as hell I know what it means to be cut off and have to pay inflated prices to get what I want. It's not something I wish would happen to others, especially if it's done "on purpose".

Most of all, I can't see any scenario in which it would be "mutually beneficial for both". Just consider this: even if people seem to keep claiming that XM is too expensive, Sideshow is not *that* far.
Their statues retail somewhere mid 400$ now, when you factor in shipping, final price is very well around 500$. Now, figure Sideshow that receives XM's pieces at wholesale, via sea, it would be more or less like BBTS, but with more discount and better rates. Most XM pieces could easily retail at around $650, at least the "standard sized" ones, like Cap, Ant Man, Hawkeye and the like. Factor in shipping, and you'd end up with 700$ delivered, possibly even less considering that people is getting XM's pieces at that price from BBTS.
The price difference between SS and XM would not be that much, while the quality and design differences would be obvious to the customers.
And add in the speed at which XM teases and produces new characters, especially the most wanted that Sideshow just refuses to make. Sideshow's Marvel line would end up annhilated. This is most surely an unfavorable scenario, for Sideshow. And even for XM, they could probably move their pieces faster, but would earn less on each piece for the distribution fee they'd need to pay to Sideshow.
Only for 1 or 2 pieces. Consider a digital sculpt designed by XM, produced and distributed by SS. Or designed by XM and produced with SS resources on XM's dime, and distributed by SS. I'm not sure how it could be structured, but if there's a will, there's a way. Maybe not soon, but in the future. Perhaps XM can arrange the deal where they produce the same pieces for the exclusive Asia market as well.
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:47 PM   #29
khrisc
The X-Men

sooooo..XM will just be the designer and SS produces everything? doesnt make sense to me..i dont even want SS to touch anything made by XM..considering SS cant even improve their QC issues and we all also know that sometimes SS shows a much better prototype than production pieces so i dont want that..i dont want a hit or miss thing/luck involved when receiving production pieces.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:38 AM   #30
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
sooooo..XM will just be the designer and SS produces everything? doesnt make sense to me..i dont even want SS to touch anything made by XM..considering SS cant even improve their QC issues and we all also know that sometimes SS shows a much better prototype than production pieces so i dont want that..i dont want a hit or miss thing/luck involved when receiving production pieces.
All of these details can be worked out behind the scenes. XM can have a secondary QC process. If SS could produce a quality XM piece that meets your approval, would you be in favor of a collaboration allowing a few XM pieces to reach markets they would not otherwise?
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote