Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-10-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ( Xbox ONE, PS4, & PC )

Didnt see thread after search and this game looks amazing so had to add it! Comes out in little over a week releasing Tuesday May 19th, 2015 and already has won over 200 individual rewards which is incredible feet…

INITIAL GAME INFO:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - is an upcoming action role-playing video game set in an open world environment, that is currently in development by Polish video game developer CD Projekt RED. It is scheduled to be released for Microsoft Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 19, 2015. The game is still not officially confirmed for Linux or OS X; however, it may be possible that the game will be released on these platforms at a later time. The game will be the third in the series, preceded by The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, which are based on the series of fantasy novels of the same title by the Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, but take place after them.

GAMEPLAY

CD Projekt RED has said that it is not necessary to have played the previous games to fully enjoy Wild Hunt. While similar to the previous Witcher games, Wild Hunt has improved on several aspects from past games. Combat revolves around an action role-playing game system combined with the use of magic. The fighting system has been completely revamped. Wild Hunt introduces some new mechanics, such as witcher-sense, combat on horseback, and at sea, swimming underwater, and using a crossbow. Additionally, Geralt can now jump, climb, and vault over smaller obstacles. The climbing mechanics have been described as "not exactly" like Assassin's Creed, but more "similar to what we have in Uncharted." Item creation and potion brewing still remains as in previous games, but has been modified from The Witcher 2. There are 10 witcher signs, 5 original ones, each having 1 alternative form.

Each action the player does will affect the world; every quest has a plethora of options on how to complete it, and every outcome is different each time. CD Projekt RED anticipates approximately 100 hours for the completion of the game, 50 of them belonging to side quests, and 50 belonging to the main story line. But I've also heard from other sources that one could spend upwards of 150-200+ hours with add on DLC and just plain exploring new sites, mountains, swamps, caves, ocean areas and sunken treasure ships, new tiny villages, new friendly NPC's and side quests, ect, ect!!

The game features a dynamic day and night system, realistic AI, responsive and dynamic environments. The day and night cycle will influence some monsters and their powers, similar to how a werewolf would gain powers during the night of a full moon. The game also features a dynamic beard growth system, in which the beard of the playable character Geralt will grow when he travels between regions. According to the developer, the beard will grow "in different states". However, this feature will not be available until after the player has downloaded the free Beard and Hairstyle DLC.

Ciri, an exceptional swordfighter with mythical powers, will be a playable character in the game.

SETTING

The setting is more than "30 times larger" than previous Witcher games, requiring players to use a sailboat to some locations and ride by horseback to others. However, fast travelling around the areas of known locations is also possible. The Witcher 3 has been described as "20% bigger than Skyrim". WOW, just WOW!!!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt concludes the story of the witcher Geralt of Rivia, the series' protagonist, whose story to date has been covered in the previous versions. Continuing from The Witcher 2, the ones who sought to use Geralt are now gone. Geralt seeks to embark on a new and personal mission, whilst the world order itself is coming to a change. Geralt's new mission comes in dark times as the mysterious and otherworldly army known as the Wild Hunt invades the Northern Kingdoms, leaving only blood soaked earth and fiery ruin in its wake; and it seems the Witcher is the key to stopping their cataclysmic rampage.

Here is a Preview from IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...ours-ign-first

PICTURES

SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
AsOneDead
You got red on you

First day purchase
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:44 AM   #3
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

this series is such a weird one for me. By all intents, it should be a series I love. Every time I play it though, it just becomes a bore.

Sadly didn't even make it through the 2nd game, so passing on this offering
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:23 PM   #4
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Already sitting on the copy, just waiting for preload.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #5
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Already sitting on the copy, just waiting for preload.
What you already got copy? Buy me one and send it over night to me please Ill paypal you ;0

PM ME

SJ
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:24 PM   #6
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
What you already got copy? Buy me one and send it over night to me please Ill paypal you ;0

PM ME

SJ

Dlgamer has the best deal 28% off. I have it pre loaded just waiting for Tuesday after work (it is just the GoG key)

http://www.dlgamer.us/download-the_w...s-p-29240.html
Old 05-12-2015, 02:54 AM   #7
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
this series is such a weird one for me. By all intents, it should be a series I love. Every time I play it though, it just becomes a bore.

Sadly didn't even make it through the 2nd game, so passing on this offering
I'm the same but for me it's the farcry series I start them really looking forward to the game but just get so bored I cant continue after a few hours
Never played the witched series though, but this one looks nice
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #8
Demona
Martian Manhunter

My boyfriend enjoys this genre of game, but I don't think has ever played Witcher.

If I was to get him Witcher 3, could he jump right in or do they port over characters so he would be behind?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #9
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
My boyfriend enjoys this genre of game, but I don't think has ever played Witcher.

If I was to get him Witcher 3, could he jump right in or do they port over characters so he would be behind?
Demona, He could hop on here and be alright as they will recap stuff at the beginning to catch some people up, but if he hasn't played a Witcher game yet I would suggest getting him Witcher 2 (you can get it for < $5 nowdays).

It was a colossal expansion and improvement on what Witcher 1 set out, and introduces everyone really well, so not a need to play the 1st game.

The 1st game is good, but might be hard to break into if you are not really committing to it, and especially if you try going back to it after playing 2 or 3. You can leave it off and read a synopsis if you don't want to touch it (if is regularly on sale for < $5).

Witcher 3 is a MASSIVE!!!! increase in size and scope from what Witcher 2 was, so I suspect there might be difficulty going back to the 2nd, but the 3rd's story does pick up right after the 2nd (there is some time passing between 1 and 2).
Old 05-15-2015, 03:51 PM   #10
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Duly noted. Perhaps I will get him both

Thanks!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote