Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-31-2019, 11:39 AM   #11
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-64 View Post
For me, personally, I've slowed down a lot as I've both gotten a lot of things I wanted, and have been largely priced out of the rest of the things I want. I still check in on this place every now and then though, but have also found other places, like the forum at CGC and some FB groups. Haul posts are always welcome, and I could certainly post a few things I've gotten in the past year, but some things I like about the other forums and groups I've checked out are the discussions about other things related to the hobby.
Post away. Sharing art is what gets the conversation going

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:41 AM   #12
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I thought I should post art purchases in my collection thread. Would it be duplicating to have an art thread in this section as well?
I would post your art here. Most statue collectors that don't also collect art don't have the same passion and interest so you won't get as many eyes on your art from fellow art collectors

CAF
Old 01-31-2019, 11:42 AM   #13
Augen
The Hulk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I would post your art here. Most statue collectors that don't also collect art don't have the same passion and interest so you won't get as many eyes on your art from fellow art collectors
Okay then. I'll make a thread for art purchases here then.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:46 AM   #14
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Worthy movement! I was definitely a little deflated after my break to see this section cool off. But our small but fun group is all we ever needed, you guys just need to get up and start sharing more

And personally, nothing wrong with some of the other social media groups, but there are just too many personalities to handle there. I prefer the SF community much more.
You came back posting like we all did several years ago which got me thinking. Let's inflate this section like Tom Brady on a football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
I'm still fairly new to art collecting as i've only been collecting since 2017... seeing some of you guys post some jaw dropping pieces def makes me a bit shy about posting some of the pieces from my meager collection.

Having said that, conversation is always great.
You have some really nice art - I wish you'd share more here. Don't be gun shy. That's the funny thing about this forum. Almost all of us here discovered comic art while on this forum. We were all statue collectors who caught the art bug at a similar time. We all started from nothing and shared every new art day. I bought my first art at a con that a bunch of us forum members attended together. Point being - there is not art that is too meager to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredChamberlain View Post
I'm in.
We've met somewhere, haven't we?

CAF
Old 01-31-2019, 11:53 AM   #15
statman
Baron Zemo

I'm glad you decided to start this movement Dave. It'll be great to see the original art section pick up again!

I haven't gotten anything in what seems like forever, so maybe I need to get back into buying a few pieces here and there. It's gotten pretty expensive lately though.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:06 PM   #16
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
I'm glad you decided to start this movement Dave. It'll be great to see the original art section pick up again!

I haven't gotten anything in what seems like forever, so maybe I need to get back into buying a few pieces here and there. It's gotten pretty expensive lately though.
You are right about getting expensive. My statue buying days have all but dried up completely (I bought a small piece last year). The main culprit is artwork taking the lion's share of my hobby budget. If you keep your eyes open, there are still deals to be had out there. We used to be really good in this section about finding good artists that commission at reasonable rates. Maybe we will get there again.

Are you still coloring? I always enjoy when you share these - feel free to share if you have an recent works

CAF
Old 01-31-2019, 12:28 PM   #17
FredChamberlain
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
You came back posting like we all did several years ago which got me thinking. Let's inflate this section like Tom Brady on a football!

You have some really nice art - I wish you'd share more here. Don't be gun shy. That's the funny thing about this forum. Almost all of us here discovered comic art while on this forum. We were all statue collectors who caught the art bug at a similar time. We all started from nothing and shared every new art day. I bought my first art at a con that a bunch of us forum members attended together. Point being - there is not art that is too meager to share.

We've met somewhere, haven't we?
Naw, but I've been told that I have "one of those faces".
FredChamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:44 PM   #18
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
You are right about getting expensive. My statue buying days have all but dried up completely (I bought a small piece last year). The main culprit is artwork taking the lion's share of my hobby budget. If you keep your eyes open, there are still deals to be had out there. We used to be really good in this section about finding good artists that commission at reasonable rates. Maybe we will get there again.

That would be cool. I'm more in tuned with getting commission pieces more so than OA pages. Mainly because I REALLY can't afford the pages that I want.

Quote:
Are you still coloring? I always enjoy when you share these - feel free to share if you have an recent works

Yes, I still dabble in that. I work on a piece every now and then for fun. I'll revive my thread and post the most recent ones.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:51 PM   #19
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
That would be cool. I'm more in tuned with getting commission pieces more so than OA pages. Mainly because I REALLY can't afford the pages that I want.

Yes, I still dabble in that. I work on a piece every now and then for fun. I'll revive my thread and post the most recent ones.
Cool

I think there is a thread for Dike Ruan - he does really nice work at decent rates

CAF
Old 01-31-2019, 12:53 PM   #20
Augen
The Hulk

If people have suggestions for artists that draw female really well I'd be interested. I have several commissions going through stages, including one from a member on these very forums.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote