Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #61
kikoken
Shadowhawk

think its supposed to look like this...its more realistic?
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #62
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sélina View Post
I want to look for reviews but this area looks badly plugged.
Is the leg comes off at the thigh?
Is what we see as the difference in the picture?
(I adore this Psylocke and I buy anyway)

Actually I kinda did a bit of "skin/fat displacement kinda like some anime girl kits/pvc figures....when they have stuff straps pressed against their skin...
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #63
pickleweed
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post

Saw this on another board and think it looks a lot better. I didn't even notice this until this poster brought it up but I have to agree with it looking better with the skinnier torso.
big womanly ribcages is a jim lee staple. ive noticed it for years. not necessarily my favorite part of his style, but the sculpt captures it.
pickleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #64
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

That looks great!!!!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #65
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

the pre-orders are up for this and man it's a long wait. At this rate, I might just pick up the whole line at SDCC 2011.

BTW, in case the Sentinel statue is approved, would it within the scale of the sentinel parts on these danger room line? hypothetically, what size would that be (3,4,5ft?)...i'm in if its around 1K.
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #66
Sélina
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thank you Erick for your answer.
Very good job !
Sélina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #67
Lostang04
Kindly Asked To Leave

I usually only collect 1/4 scale or larger comiquettes, but being a huge X-men fan it is going to be hard to turn this line down. Excellent work Eric. Top notch sculpting. ove the detail.
Lostang04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #68
kikoken
Shadowhawk

unfortunately having to sell my statues to pay for a wedding

please find my Sideshow Psylocke Comiquette statue & Kotobukiya Psylocke Danger room statue for sale below

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141268920799...84.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141268911632...84.m1555.l2649
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #69
Jokerbone
Justice League

So I was moving my statues around to dust the area and noticed that my Psylocke had a lot of movement in her pinned foot. It looked like it was leaning towards the back. Not sure if anyone else had experienced this.

What I tried to do to fix it was using some aves sculpting epoxy to thicken the back side of the hole, but that was just causing the fit to be too tight and it would still flop around.

Then I noticed that the hole was actually a plastic tube that was pressed in, and probably adhered. I just used a toothpick to peel it back to see if it would separate from the hole wall, which it did. I then stuffed a little bit of aves in between the back wall of the hole and the outer diameter of the tube. Let it set over night, and now no more lean. Got to make sure it sets, otherwise the weight of Psylocke will press the epoxy out of the groove.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else had this issue.
Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:48 AM   #70
supermn619
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerbone View Post
So I was moving my statues around to dust the area and noticed that my Psylocke had a lot of movement in her pinned foot. It looked like it was leaning towards the back. Not sure if anyone else had experienced this.

What I tried to do to fix it was using some aves sculpting epoxy to thicken the back side of the hole, but that was just causing the fit to be too tight and it would still flop around.

Then I noticed that the hole was actually a plastic tube that was pressed in, and probably adhered. I just used a toothpick to peel it back to see if it would separate from the hole wall, which it did. I then stuffed a little bit of aves in between the back wall of the hole and the outer diameter of the tube. Let it set over night, and now no more lean. Got to make sure it sets, otherwise the weight of Psylocke will press the epoxy out of the groove.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else had this issue.

yeah mine leans too! any ideas on how to fix this? is it normal?
supermn619 is offline   Reply With Quote