Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #241
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassioSCCP View Post
No argue that Bowen was amazing but the fact is that the company today is dead. It may rise again as a new company but so far nothing has indicate that.
True but the statues live on hundreds of them. There is no other manufacturer who had the scope and breath as he did. I am happy to keep plugging away at the backlog
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:59 PM   #242
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
True but the statues live on hundreds of them. There is no other manufacturer who had the scope and breath as he did. I am happy to keep plugging away at the backlog
Agreed, sad that they may no longer return at least for Marvel.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:55 PM   #243
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
I still love Bowen and am actively working to expand my bowen collection. The sheer breath of the characters he did was amazing. I thought 95% pieces he did were excellent to amazing. Wish he was still producing. But I still have about 20 full size states on my buy list
I'm with you. I will hold on to most of my Bowens forever. And every once it a while I will try to pick up some I missed as no one matches his comic accuracy. Indications are he isn't coming back, at least that's the rumors I'm hearing.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:20 PM   #244
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I'm with you. I will hold on to most of my Bowens forever. And every once it a while I will try to pick up some I missed as no one matches his comic accuracy. Indications are he isn't coming back, at least that's the rumors I'm hearing.
NOOOOO - I am crushed. Bowen made the absolute best comic book statues. How solid is your rumor of him not coming back?
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:03 AM   #245
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Agreed, sad that they may no longer return at least for Marvel.
Which would be devastating. There`s still more Marvel characters that needed the Bowen treatment! Whichever company took over the 1:6 Marvel market better match Bowen`s production, depth and quality. As far as Bowen, if they really lose out on their Marvel production...I hope they get a DC license.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:04 AM   #246
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Which would be devastating. There`s still more Marvel characters that needed the Bowen treatment! Whichever company took over the 1:6 Marvel market better match Bowen`s production, depth and quality. As far as Bowen, if they really lose out on their Marvel production...I hope they get a DC license.
Marvel really needs to take a smarter approach to their licenses. Two companies won't necessarily produce the same set of characters, even if at the same scale. Really, will anyone touch US Agent, Spiral, Forge, Spider-Woman Julia Carpenter, etc?

Sad day for the industry if/when Bowen Designs is unable to do what they're best at.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:17 AM   #247
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I really hope they return or we can say goodbye to the less popular marvel characters being made. Be nice to have a Jubilee, Forge, Domino, Cyber, Nimrod, Brood, and numerous non-mutant characters that were vital at 1 point or another.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:57 PM   #248
xforce
Hydra

Quote:

Agreed I will hold on to my bowens forever also. I am still actively buying pieces. I have another 20 plus I want to pick up.

We will see what happens I am hoping Bowen makes a return
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:55 PM   #249
masterlei13
Birdman

bowen should make a return and should make their statues bigger this time. make it a legit 1/6 scale and everything will be fine.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:05 AM   #250
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
That's really sad to hear. Bowen got me into this hobby and I adore the statues his company produced.

With regards to Black Panther, why the heck is this not up for pre-order yet? Doesn't it have a Feb 2016 release date?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote