Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #131
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm sticking with this was an XM decision, not a Marvel one. If Marvel wanted to steer clear of Nazism, they would have gotten rid of the Red Skull, Hydra, and the recent Cap story all together. Not made it front and center.

If Marvel is now censoring statues that are based directly on characters that have the same ideologies as their comic designs, they have lost their ever-loving minds. That's like changing the colors of the Cap's suit to anything not red/white/blue because those colors are too "American" patriotic.

Change it back XM, it looked better before. Same with the flag.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:20 PM   #132
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm sticking with this was an XM decision, not a Marvel one. If Marvel wanted to steer clear of Nazism, they would have gotten rid of the Red Skull, Hydra, and the recent Cap story all together. Not made it front and center.

If Marvel is now censoring statues that are based directly on characters that have the same ideologies as their comic designs, they have lost their ever-loving minds. That's like changing the colors of the Cap's suit to anything not red/white/blue because those colors are too "American" patriotic.

Change it back XM, it looked better before. Same with the flag.
Marvel lost their minds a long time ago. Did you see the new designed Juggernaut costume? Yeah...I'd say they lost their minds some time ago. Also, the armband was painted red at the con a couple months ago...so for it to be changed to black was I think a Marvel decision. I could be wrong about that...but I doubt it. Marvel changed the classic Kraven pants XM was going to originally do. So...yeah...I will say its a Marvel thing.

I definitely prefer the red over the black...but then again...I was never going to get this character. Doesn't fit with my collection anymore.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:17 AM   #133
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Official response from XM in my FB post about the changes:

"Was changed to reduce sensitivity to factual historical events."

Yea, Im pretty pissed off about this. It's becoming a damn slippery slope of ignoring and redacting historical events because it's too hard for people to cope with the atrocities that occurred. They occurred. Hitler existed. Nazism existed - and still does. The Holocaust happened. To bury evil things, to make them more PC, even in pieces of art like statues is wrong and dangerous. Evils are grown and cultivated in the dark corners where people try to hide it.

Also, it's another slap in the face Captain America and Red Skull's creators who made RS in the image of all the hate, racism, bigotry, and violence they endured.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:05 PM   #134
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I agree with your sentiments by and large D. Much like the state of bigotry in America towards people of color...how it's trying to be glossed over or downplayed, people see just how much deep seeded ignorance comes seeping out.

Whether this character is fictional or truth...history cannot and should not be glossed over for the sake of a few people that MAY be offended and / or sensitive.

I will say this though...when it comes to a fictional statue of a character in the comics...changing the color is not going to offend me...because this actually deals more with aesthetics (visually) and it is really easy to paint the armband red. Would I prefer the armband red...yes...because it looks better and authentic to the comics...am I going to be offended because it is pained black? No...not at all.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:38 PM   #135
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
They changed the arm band from Red to Black?
if it will be delivered in black i will painting mine red when getting it.
Pathetic decission to change it to black.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:49 PM   #136
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Official response from XM in my FB post about the changes:

"Was changed to reduce sensitivity to factual historical events."

Yea, Im pretty pissed off about this. It's becoming a damn slippery slope of ignoring and redacting historical events because it's too hard for people to cope with the atrocities that occurred. They occurred. Hitler existed. Nazism existed - and still does. The Holocaust happened. To bury evil things, to make them more PC, even in pieces of art like statues is wrong and dangerous. Evils are grown and cultivated in the dark corners where people try to hide it.

Also, it's another slap in the face Captain America and Red Skull's creators who made RS in the image of all the hate, racism, bigotry, and violence they endured.
But..but people's feelings . I completely agree with you there, it's really a joke tbh. The whole PC culture really drives me insane sometimes.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:07 AM   #137
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Can´t understand why people are complaining about that. Turn the tv on or read a newspaper and you see it. No need to have it at a statue.

It´s Hail Hydra, not Hail Hitler.....
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:05 AM   #138
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Can´t understand why people are complaining about that. Turn the tv on or read a newspaper and you see it. No need to have it at a statue.

It´s Hail Hydra, not Hail Hitler.....
That's why it is baffling to me that they had to change it from red to black. Doesn't make sense to me. Still love this statue though.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #139
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I agree with your sentiments by and large D. Much like the state of bigotry in America towards people of color...how it's trying to be glossed over or downplayed, people see just how much deep seeded ignorance comes seeping out.

Whether this character is fictional or truth...history cannot and should not be glossed over for the sake of a few people that MAY be offended and / or sensitive.

I will say this though...when it comes to a fictional statue of a character in the comics...changing the color is not going to offend me...because this actually deals more with aesthetics (visually) and it is really easy to paint the armband red. Would I prefer the armband red...yes...because it looks better and authentic to the comics...am I going to be offended because it is pained black? No...not at all.
Where are you from?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #140
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
That's why it is baffling to me that they had to change it from red to black. Doesn't make sense to me. Still love this statue though.
It was red the whole time, maybe they must do it.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote