Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-16-2021, 08:32 AM   #10751
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Yes, it was. I really lucked out, as I put in one bid, & ended up winning. Were you in the bidding?
Congrats on the win!

Yes, I was bidding on it but half heartedly. That probably was the first time I lost an auction in 15 years. I was more interested in seeing what it would sell for in the end. Plus I like watching the fireworks at the end of an auction. You also get the real market value of a piece in a live auction setting. I ended up getting a absolutely killer deal on the Ex w/ the framed portrait.
IronLungs31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:31 PM   #10752
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Congrats on the win!

Yes, I was bidding on it but half heartedly. That probably was the first time I lost an auction in 15 years. I was more interested in seeing what it would sell for in the end. Plus I like watching the fireworks at the end of an auction. You also get the real market value of a piece in a live auction setting. I ended up getting a absolutely killer deal on the Ex w/ the framed portrait.
Thanks, but knowing that I (luckily) beat out a dude that has a 15 year Ebay winning streak? Priceless.

But seriously, I was thrilled to land my big fish for a good price, but you managed to land "the great white whale"! Good man, & kudos.

Just goes to show that it truly ain't over, until it's over. So for all you hunters out there, don't give up.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:39 PM   #10753
AC_808
Hercules

Congrats on a successful hunting expedition!

This is one of the best statues to get. It's a great representation of Thanos, for sure.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:39 PM   #10754
AC_808
Hercules

Yeeesh ...double post.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:49 PM   #10755
Divo

Just a thought.

Read some of the posts of collectors regretting passing on Thanos when initially released, as I did. And by all means, find a way, & get him. As a huge character, in the midst of "normal" sized statues, gives a collection scope & depth, & truly makes you appreciate the shear mass & presence of these beastly boys.

Now, for those who have not yet committed to Juggernaut? I truly, honestly, am unable, can't understand, am perplexed, dumbfounded, on WTF are you all waiting for????!!!!!

Though Juggernaut is not an A list character as Thanos, no matter, because the sculpt is. Has as much presence as Thanos, with an iconic action pose, and incredibly still in stock. For those who are interested, I would strongly advise to start searching now for deals.

Don't make the same mistake in waiting too long, because Juggs is a keeper, & in hand, will knock you on your arse.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:49 PM   #10756
Divo

Just a thought.

Read some of the posts of collectors regretting passing on Thanos when initially released, as I did. And by all means, find a way, & get him. As a huge character, in the midst of "normal" sized statues, gives a collection scope & depth, & truly makes you appreciate the shear mass & presence of these beastly boys.

Now, for those who have not yet committed to Juggernaut? I truly, honestly, am unable, can't understand, am perplexed, dumbfounded, on WTF are you all waiting for????!!!!!

Though Juggernaut is not an A list character as Thanos, no matter, because the sculpt is. Has as much presence as Thanos, with an iconic action pose, and incredibly still in stock. For those who are interested, I would strongly advise to start searching now for deals.

Don't make the same mistake in waiting too long, because Juggs is a keeper, & in hand, will knock you on your arse.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:07 PM   #10757
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Just a thought.

Yea finally pull the trigger on juggs, was waiting on a Ex to show up but nobody wants to sell..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:48 PM   #10758
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Thanks, but knowing that I (luckily) beat out a dude that has a 15 year Ebay winning streak? Priceless.

But seriously, I was thrilled to land my big fish for a good price, but you managed to land "the great white whale"! Good man, & kudos.

Just goes to show that it truly ain't over, until it's over. So for all you hunters out there, don't give up.
Yes, I'm truly happy for you with this acquisition and I don't feel bad losing to a fellow member of this forum. I'm making the trip to AZ in the morning from California to pick mine up. Gonna make the trip all in one day. Maps says that it's 6.5 hours one way to AZ from where I live. I had to make the trip cause it's going to save me almost $600 doing it this way. Plus, I promised myself this time around in the hobby. I was going to enjoying the chase more and create a few memories along the way.

I'm so pumped to finally have this piece in my collection cause only Lord knows the fight I've had, to make it back into this hobby that I love so much.

Congrats again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Yea finally pull the trigger on juggs, was waiting on a Ex to show up but nobody wants to sell..
Yeah, collectors are holding on to him with a iron grip. The only one up on eBay is in the UK and it looks to have been listed a few times after the two previous initial sells. I have the reg. it is truly a site to behold in person.

Congrats to you as well.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:33 AM   #10759
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Yes, I'm truly happy for you with this acquisition and I don't feel bad losing to a fellow member of this forum. I'm making the trip to AZ in the morning from California to pick mine up. Gonna make the trip all in one day. Maps says that it's 6.5 hours one way to AZ from where I live. I had to make the trip cause it's going to save me almost $600 doing it this way. Plus, I promised myself this time around in the hobby. I was going to enjoying the chase more and create a few memories along the way.

I'm so pumped to finally have this piece in my collection cause only Lord knows the fight I've had, to make it back into this hobby that I love so much.

Congrats again!

Yeah, collectors are holding on to him with a iron grip. The only one up on eBay is in the UK and it looks to have been listed a few times after the two previous initial sells. I have the reg. it is truly a site to behold in person.

Congrats to you as well.

Wow, that is true dedication man, but Thanos does deserve the effort.

Have a safe trip & enjoy, because there is nothing like a road trip when you know a pot of gold is waiting.

Make sure your car/truck has the room, as the box is quite large. Take care, and give us your take when you catch your breath.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:15 AM   #10760
IronLungs31

Quote:
Wow, that is true dedication man, but Thanos does deserve the effort.

Have a safe trip & enjoy, because there is nothing like a road trip when you know a pot of gold is waiting.

Make sure your car/truck has the room, as the box is quite large. Take care, and give us your take when you catch your breath.
After a 15 hour round trip today...