Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 12:03 AM   #91
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
What is an acceptable number of LGBT characters? Would you like a quota or is it just a "I know when I've seen enough" thing?
Funny guy. Even if I were gay I'd be embarrassed at how badly written these shows are.

But hey some people enjoy the pandering. I expect better.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:04 AM   #92
TheLastMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
Sorry, Manga art sucks.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:05 AM   #93
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
The exact same comment was made about representation of women, Black Americans, and so on. Could easily have been someone complaining about how commercials for The Jeffersons are too in his face.

The OP topic wasn't an excuse to whine about generic "wokeness", but that's what it devolved into nearly instantly.

What is an acceptable number of LGBT characters? Would you like a quota or is it just a "I know when I've seen enough" thing?
Don’t think I buy that argument. You realize there is no shortage of ALL black shows right? Does that mean they are all racist for not having their token white guy? Same thing.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:08 AM   #94
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Don’t think I buy that argument. You realize there is no shortage of ALL black shows right? Does that mean they are all racist for not having their token white guy? Same thing.
The All Lives Matter argument? There's a much bigger misunderstanding here about majority/minority representation that's honestly not worth getting into.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:16 AM   #95
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
As for them not wanting to use the piece of art at the start of this thread in prints...well why would you want to use a piece that makes Wonder Woman look like a weak submissive bound in her own lasso? It goes against the strength of the character.
LOL This type of guy is the problem, folks. Keep voting left and watch it all go downhill.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:16 AM   #96
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
Funny guy. Even if I were gay I'd be embarrassed at how badly written these shows are.

But hey some people enjoy the pandering. I expect better.
It was a serious question.

The shows I think you're talking about are on CW, so maybe some expectation management about both gay characters and overall quality would have gone a long way.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:31 AM   #97
TheLastMan

Quote:
It was a serious question.

The shows I think you're talking about are on CW, so maybe some expectation management about both gay characters and overall quality would have gone a long way.
Nope, it was a rhetorical and/or sarcastic question. And lowered expectations is your advice?

Time was those shows used to be good. Or at least started that way and petered off after Season 2 or 3. Arrow gets a lot of credit for spawning the universe - and deservedly so - but it also overstayed its welcome and brought on the caliber of shows as they are today.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:09 AM   #98
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Putting a modesty mandate on your characters has nothing to don with being gay or bisexual and the fact that someone is trying to equate the two is utterly ridiculous

Just because someone has the strength and the courage to swing open that closet door when encountering highly bigoted comments like that does not mean that person is not and cannot be modest.

Modesty and sexuality are two entirely different things
End of the day, we are talking about sex. It doesn’t matter if it’s sexualization of male and female costume. It’s the exact same when they show contents that aren’t suitable for kids in any form of media because it implies sex. You can’t have it one way and not the other. The entire thing is WOKE and it needs to stop.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:03 AM   #99
COI

Congrats guys, you took a decent discussion and sent it off the rails, but you waited a few days which I guess is good for the internet.

Locked.
Closed Thread